It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

http://www.loudr.fm/gamemusicbundle

For anyone that was having problems viewing the site yesterday, the problem should be fixed.
"Hi your darkness-ness,
We JUST pushed a fix for that bug. Thank you for letting us know. Go check it out - it should work now in FireFox.
... Please don't smite us. >_>
All the best"

Probably the best support reply I've ever received, they certainly have my money.
(Just for context, the e-mail address I used to contact them was something along the lines of Evil Dark Overlord...) :D
Post edited October 23, 2013 by DarkoD13
Faith: So if there are some people who disturbed because someone post a game deal for USA only region in GLOBAL forum, well I can say maybe "racist" ?
StingingVelvet: Are you for real with this bullshit? Racist?
Well, correct me if I wrong then. Just do not say "bullshit" without any explanation.
Post edited October 23, 2013 by Faith
Coelocanth: You know, I don't get it. Tony posted here some months ago pointing out the Amazon deals and some people got really pissy about it and he bailed. But no one complains if other people post the Amazon deals. Don't get me wrong - I'm not complaining about anyone posting the Amazon deals (I was fine when Tony did it, and I appreciate the heads up on their deals), but it seems weird that some people complained so much until Tony just went away, yet no one complains about people now posting these Amazon deals. Weird.
Luisfius: Tony got run off from here because he was seen as spamming. Bad move from the community here. At SA he was embraced and appreciated, so he posts stuff regularly at several SomethingAwful threads.
SomethingAwful is not a direct competitor of GOG, such as Amazon is.

Tony did not get "run off". I believe that he simply realized that he can't, as an official representative of a huge store, go to a competitor's forum where he has no history as a user, and advertise their deals. At least not without his store reciprocating and offering GOG a platform on Amazon as well. I don't know why this age-old story suddenly gets necromanced. For anyone doing business in a highly competitive market, it should be pretty clear where the problem is.

That he then tried to put the blame on the community, saying that his input "wasn't wanted" ... well, probably not one of his best moves. ;) As far as I remember, people were pretty divided - some were very happy to see him, some were very critical. Personally I believe that he has no business advertising Amazon deals here unless GOG gets to advertise their deals on Amazon as well.

We shouldn't forget that we are on GOG's turf here. GOG does allow (or at least tolerate) discussion of competitor's offers, which is amazing enough. Doesn't mean that it is appropriate for competitors to come here in their official capacity and advertise their deals though.
If anyone's curious, Tony was banned (yes, banned) from the Steam Powered Users Forums and Neogaf a long time ago. The only communities that I know of where he currently posts deals at is Reddit and CAG.
Post edited October 23, 2013 by spoderman
Luisfius: Tony got run off from here because he was seen as spamming. Bad move from the community here. At SA he was embraced and appreciated, so he posts stuff regularly at several SomethingAwful threads.
Psyringe: SomethingAwful is not a direct competitor of GOG, such as Amazon is.

Tony did not get "run off". I believe that he simply realized that he can't, as an official representative of a huge store, go to a competitor's forum where he has no history as a user, and advertise their deals. At least not without his store reciprocating and offering GOG a platform on Amazon as well. I don't know why this age-old story suddenly gets necromanced. For anyone doing business in a highly competitive market, it should be pretty clear where the problem is.

That he then tried to put the blame on the community, saying that his input "wasn't wanted" ... well, probably not one of his best moves. ;) As far as I remember, people were pretty divided - some were very happy to see him, some were very critical. Personally I believe that he has no business advertising Amazon deals here unless GOG gets to advertise their deals on Amazon as well.

We shouldn't forget that we are on GOG's turf here. GOG does allow (or at least tolerate) discussion of competitor's offers, which is amazing enough. Doesn't mean that it is appropriate for competitors to come here in their official capacity and advertise their deals though.
Well, I see.. that might explain backslash I got in the upper post then..If this is the "unspoken rules" in this GOG gaming deal thread so be it, I will be done to post a new "non GOG games" deal in this thread.
Well considering this is GOG's turf, there sould have been a statement from an GOG representative on the issue.
Not really the place of the community as such to decide matters like that.
Psyringe: SomethingAwful is not a direct competitor of GOG, such as Amazon is.

+1
Though I liked Tony's info, there is no way that someone, besides the operator, is commercially advertizing in a user forum.

WE dop it for fun and kicks, he did it for the money, not because he likes those games or gaming or cheap games specifically.

I am also on other spezialized music user forums, where suddently some buisiness reps thought they could use it as free advertizement platform. We made them stop, because it tremendously lowered the quality of the collected info and the community feeling. It made a big difference.

BTW: a deal:
Hell Yeah is 75% off on GG. €4.25

It's about 600 BLC cheaper on GG.UK

Also Hardboiled Chicken is 75 % off on GG for €2, great but a bit short game.
more expensive on GG.uk.
Post edited October 23, 2013 by dyscode
spoderman: If anyone's curious, Tony was banned (yes, banned) from the Steam Powered Users Forums and Neogaf a long time ago. The only communities that I know of where he currently posts deals at is Reddit and CAG.
Banned from Steam? But weren't a good portion of the games he advertised Steamworks games?
spoderman: If anyone's curious, Tony was banned (yes, banned) from the Steam Powered Users Forums and Neogaf a long time ago. The only communities that I know of where he currently posts deals at is Reddit and CAG.
nightrunner227: Banned from Steam? But weren't a good portion of the games he advertised Steamworks games?
Yeah, but he's an official rep for Amazon, advertising Amazon deals.. they don't allow that on SPUF. It's similar to the argument being made here, Valve doesn't make any profit from Steam keys being sold on Amazon.
Post edited October 23, 2013 by spoderman
Faith: Well, correct me if I wrong then. Just do not say "bullshit" without any explanation.
First of all, hating other countries is not racism. It would be jingoism.

Secondly, the complicated clusterfuck that is worldwide licensing rights and not wanting to deal with it do not a jingoist make.
Faith: Well, correct me if I wrong then. Just do not say "bullshit" without any explanation.
StingingVelvet: First of all, hating other countries is not racism. It would be jingoism.

Secondly, the complicated clusterfuck that is worldwide licensing rights and not wanting to deal with it do not a jingoist make.
First reason is okay, but for the second reason you cleary missunderstand about my first post.
I said about why posting a game deal for USA only region in GLOBAL forum is wrong, which reason already explained by Psyringe.
Do not mistake me for criticised about your "not wanting to deal with it " regarding regional locked rights as I agree with you about it.
Faith: First reason is okay, but for the second reason you cleary missunderstand about my first post.
I said about posting a game deal for USA only region in GLOBAL forum is wrong, which reason already explained by Psyringe.
Global means US users are here, like me, who would like to hear about the deals.
If you want to buy Condemned or Hell Yeah, probalby they will go on sale this week with Humble Bundle, because there's a registry entry for a Sega Halloween Bundle including Condemned, Hell Yeah and other titles.
Punished_Snake: If you want to buy Condemned or Hell Yeah, probalby they will go on sale this week with Humble Bundle, because there's a registry entry for a Sega Halloween Bundle including Condemned, Hell Yeah and other titles.
Hell Yes!
Punished_Snake: If you want to buy Condemned or Hell Yeah, probalby they will go on sale this week with Humble Bundle, because there's a registry entry for a Sega Halloween Bundle including Condemned, Hell Yeah and other titles.
That's a good news then. I can get those games in one sweep.