It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

IAmSinistar: Stronghold Collection is $4.99 (75% off) at GG. It includes Stronghold, Stronghold 2, Stronghold Crusader, Stronghold Crusader Extreme, and Stronghold Legends. It has "Other DRM", which is a pretty unhelpful descriptor, so if anyone knows what that might be in this case, please post.
I bought that collection last year. It required online activation and used one key for all games included. I had to register the key only once, the other games recognized that the product was already registered.

I _think_ it was just a regular SecuRom key, but I may be misremembering it. It wouldn't be the first time that a DRM description is less specific than it could be; on the other hand, it woldn't be the first time that I'm misremembering something either. ;)
nightrunner227: I recommend Doorways. There will be 4 chapters total, all available at Desura as well. It's not the greatest thing in the world, but it does get spooky. Also, it includes scenes of torture and has Alexander from Amnesia TDD narrating.
I haven't seen much information about Doorways, but you're actually the first person I see who bought the product and seems happy with it ... whatever that means. ;)
Post edited October 17, 2013 by Psyringe
IAmSinistar: Stronghold Collection is $4.99 (75% off) at GG. It includes Stronghold, Stronghold 2, Stronghold Crusader, Stronghold Crusader Extreme, and Stronghold Legends. It has "Other DRM", which is a pretty unhelpful descriptor, so if anyone knows what that might be in this case, please post.
Psyringe: I bought that collection last year. It required online activation and used one key for all games included. I had to register the key only once, the other games recognized that the product was already registered.

I _think_ it was just a regular SecuRom key, but I may be misremembering it. It wouldn't be the first time that a DRM description is less specific than it could be; on the other hand, it woldn't be the first time that I'm misremembering something either. ;)
Thanks, I suspected it was one-time-key activation, since GG uses "Other DRM" often to refer to that. Hopefully it's not SecuROM, as they usually list that explicitly when it's the DRM used. I don't mind CD-key activation, but I won't buy a game with rootkit crap like SecuROM.
dyscode: Metro Last Light is 50% Off on GG. around 20k BLC acrosss the usual regions
€15/$20
The DLC is not discounted
I don't care about the DLC. This was too good to pass up.
Psyringe: snip
Some more info on the Stronghold Collection. It appears to be DRM-free, apart from the CD-key activation, at least according to the manufacturers, as well as a question asked on GG. So I think I'll gamble the $5 on it.
IAmSinistar: Some more info on the Stronghold Collection. It appears to be DRM-free, apart from the CD-key activation, at least according to the manufacturers, as well as a question asked on GG. So I think I'll gamble the $5 on it.
Hmm... nice. Why $5? For me it shows 2.5 euros. Or is this one of the rare cases when it's cheaper in Europe?
BTW: stardock sale on steam 50-75% off. (and this is where I remind myself of my ever growing backlog)
blotunga: Hmm... nice. Why $5? For me it shows 2.5 euros. Or is this one of the rare cases when it's cheaper in Europe?
BTW: stardock sale on steam 50-75% off. (and this is where I remind myself of my ever growing backlog)
That's probably a ballpark conversion rate. Is that price 75% off of the regular price in euros?
any recommendations on the groupees doujin 2 sale?
dyscode: any recommendations on the groupees doujin 2 sale?
Higurashi.
Higurashi When They Cry is a must get, with Hatoful Boyfriend a close second if you like madness. ARMED SEVEN is promising, and the eXceed series is popular among the bullet hell crowd. Not really anything to go wrong with in this bundle, actually.
IAmSinistar: That's probably a ballpark conversion rate. Is that price 75% off of the regular price in euros?
Yes. List price is almost 10 euros, which means 13.7USD
I'd say Hatoful Boyfriend, but I'm assuming anyone would already be decided on that one and is just looking for recommendations for a second game.
Thanks guys!

Hatoful Boyfriend - LOL, I did not get that joke on the first time around :D
Hatoful Boyfriend is a must. Hellsinker and Kamui for shmups.

The exceed series also for shmups.

So basically, all of them. But I suggest hatoful and hellsinker more than the others.
In SD store FE LH / Sins Rebelion cost 9,99$.
http://www.stardock.com/media/Mailers/stardock20thann/20thanni_strent/index.html?email=%EMAIL_ADDRESS%&utm_source=StardockEntertain&utm_medium=email&utm_content=STRENTLOGO&utm_campaign=Stardock%2B20th%2BAnniversary
Don't know if this has been talked about in the forum, but Warner Bros. has removed Securom and GFWL from the Batman franchise and moved them to Steamworks. They're on sale this weekend at 75% off.

My understanding is that retail keys can now be used to activate on Steam. Those that have the non-GOTY editions already are automatically upgraded to GOTY. I assume that upgrade is only for those that had the game in their Steam account already.