It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

gameon: It looks like their site is down anyway. EDIT: typical, its back up.
Ubivis: and can't be traded in? Okay, skipping it.
It can't be traded in because it's free at the moment.
It will probably be possible to trade it in again in a few days / weeks as usual.
Titan Quest Gold (includes expansion) for $7.99 at Amazon (game is DRM-free) and tons of fun. (Better than Diablo-clone) ;)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000WCCURW/ref=s9_qpp_gw_p63_d1_g63_ir05?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-4&pf_rd_r=0N16XB823AXWFT6CA3D9&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470939031&pf_rd_i=507846
Thanks for the link to the new free gmg game. Already have it on steam, but surely in the future it could be used to get more in-store credit on GMG ffor something else!
gameon: It looks like their site is down anyway. EDIT: typical, its back up.
Whats that about trading in?
gameon: Whats that about trading in?
previously, the games on GMG that you got for free were able to be traded in for other games... in fact, you took 2 or 3 games for free and a couple of months later you had about 3-5$ in trade-in value. So you chose another game or DLC and gave them the free games back :)

Unfortunately, this game has been marked as "can't be traded in"
Ubivis: previously, the games on GMG that you got for free were able to be traded in for other games... in fact, you took 2 or 3 games for free and a couple of months later you had about 3-5$ in trade-in value. So you chose another game or DLC and gave them the free games back :)

Unfortunately, this game has been marked as "can't be traded in"
I see. It looks like they realised what people were doing.
GMG allows you to give a game back, this gives you credit for buying another game.

It's a nice feature for people who don't want to own the games they are playing. For others (e.g. collectors like me) it's pretty much useless - why would I want to rip a game out of my collection? ;)

edit: ninja'd ;)
Post edited July 11, 2012 by Psyringe
Psyringe: GMG allows you to give a game back, this gives you credit for buying another game.

It's a nice feature for people who don't want to own the games they are playing. For others (e.g. collectors like me) it's pretty much useless - why would I want to rip a game out of my collection? ;)

edit: ninja'd ;)
why? because the client is the worst I have ever seen... I have collected the really cheap or free games, waited some time to trade them in for Steam Titles :)
Psyringe: GMG allows you to give a game back, this gives you credit for buying another game.
I wonder if steam will ever get this option. or dare i say, GOG.
gameon: I wonder if steam will ever get this option. or dare i say, GOG.
I hope so,I have a TONS of ugly game from bundles,never installed,I want to nuclearize from my account :l

BTW,Hacker Evolution for free on GMG

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/it/en/pc/games/simulation/hacker-evolution/
Post edited July 11, 2012 by Cavalieroscuro
Cavalieroscuro: I hope so,I have a TONS of ugly game from bundles,never installed,I want to nuclearize from my account :l
I think that trading in is a good idea, as the distributors get money back from used stuff. Plus i could get rid if games i dont want, and get stuff i would really like.

http://www.gog.com/en/wishlist/site/make_game_tradeinback_possible
Post edited July 11, 2012 by gameon
GOG can't really do that. If you allow trade-ins, then you have to make sure that the original owner of the game actually stops using it. With DRM-free games, you cannot do that.

Also, personally, I'm against trade-in options since they tend to increase the prices for the people who don't use it. I understand why such a service might seem useful to others, but for me, it'd only have disadvantages.
Valve says, no.
> why? because the client is the worst I have ever seen... I have collected the really cheap or free games, waited some time to trade them in for Steam Titles :)

How do you tell if GMG sells the game or a steam key?
Artki: > why? because the client is the worst I have ever seen... I have collected the really cheap or free games, waited some time to trade them in for Steam Titles :)

How do you tell if GMG sells the game or a steam key?
It's explicitly stated on the page, like here for instance.