It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

GameRager: Any off ship play? Or is it just ship based combat/etc?
Cassidy: Yeah ground combat as well. You build a bridge team that affect your ship abilities as well as your "group" in ground combat. Theres diplomatic missions as well. Its a tough one people seem to like it or hate it. Obviously im a bit bias though as I enjoyed it, but then I played the market and made tons of cash and was good at ship pvp so I didnt play to many missions.
Any trading style stuff like Earth & Beyond where you buy and sell stuff? Or similar? I mean I played Earth&Beyond so I do like some ship combat but I also like going off ship sometimes.
Any trading style stuff like Earth & Beyond where you buy and sell stuff? Or similar? I mean I played Earth&Beyond so I do like some ship combat but I also like going off ship sometimes.
Not trading per say but you can make a lot of money searching the market and playing with it. I think I made about 20 million from just buying and reselling. There is crafting though and they sell well. Which leads to you having a very well equipped ship. The ground stuff has been reworked and they are patching a revamped version in apparently.
Post edited May 27, 2011 by Cassidy
Cassidy: Not trading per say but you can make a lot of money searching the market and playing with it. I think I made about 20 million from just buying and reselling. There is crafting though and they sell well. Which leads to you having a very well equipped ship. The ground stuff has been reworked and they are patching a revamped version in apparently.
So like researching new tech and stuff? And do you ever dock anywhere to buy/sell and do other things? I liked that aspect alot in E&B.

And are there any regular combats like against non players?
Post edited May 27, 2011 by GameRager
Cassidy: Not trading per say but you can make a lot of money searching the market and playing with it. I think I made about 20 million from just buying and reselling. There is crafting though and they sell well. Which leads to you having a very well equipped ship. The ground stuff has been reworked and they are patching a revamped version in apparently.
GameRager: So like researching new tech and stuff? And do you ever dock anywhere to buy/sell and do other things? I liked that aspect alot in E&B.

There is social hubs stations (like DS9), planets where you dock to buy and sell stuff and run around meeting people. There is a lot of hostile zones, some pvp (Klingon vs Fed) and loads of npc areas that are hostile( borg, romulan etc etc). You get sent on missions and there is various open realm space fights like warhammer had so you dont need to group that much. Cryptic has recently been sold by Atari so STO and COs future could be over eventually. So im going to grab it just to play it once more.
GameRager: So like researching new tech and stuff? And do you ever dock anywhere to buy/sell and do other things? I liked that aspect alot in E&B.

Yes you dock at Starbases where you can buy and sell stuff. Yes there are missions and episodes where you co-op with others. The PvP comes in the Klingon V Federation war which is going on in the backround. In the expanded universe Romulus was destroyed in a Supernova which started events in Star Trek XI. The Klingons moved to conquer Romulan space while the Federation protested. The Klingons found allies in the Gorn and the Nosicaans and after a few border fights it escallated into war.

Delixe: Yes you dock at Starbases where you can buy and sell stuff. Yes there are missions and episodes where you co-op with others. The PvP comes in the Klingon V Federation war which is going on in the backround. In the expanded universe Romulus was destroyed in a Supernova which started events in Star Trek XI. The Klingons moved to conquer Romulan space while the Federation protested. The Klingons found allies in the Gorn and the Nosicaans and after a few border fights it escallated into war.
Is that canon then? Romulus being destroyed and all? Also you mean the new trek film reboot?
GameRager: Is that canon then? Romulus being destroyed and all? Also you mean the new trek film reboot?
Yes it's canon, Romulus and Remus' Star exploded, effectively killing the Romulan Star Empire. The events were the plot of Star Trek XI also known as the Trek reboot.
GameRager: Is that canon then? Romulus being destroyed and all? Also you mean the new trek film reboot?
Delixe: Yes it's canon, Romulus and Remus' Star exploded, effectively killing the Romulan Star Empire. The events were the plot of Star Trek XI also known as the Trek reboot.
Bah, it's only canon of the new films.
Delixe: Yes it's canon, Romulus and Remus' Star exploded, effectively killing the Romulan Star Empire. The events were the plot of Star Trek XI also known as the Trek reboot.
GameRager: Bah, it's only canon of the new films.
Technically not, since the new films take place before it happens. But as a result of it happening.
Taleroth: Technically not, since the new films take place before it happens. But as a result of it happening.
Actually yes......as in the later(old) trek films romulus isn't destroyed...it's still there.
Incorrect. It's canon for the real Star Trek universe as well. It's called divergance. The Star exploded in the 'real' TNG,DS9,VOY universe, Spock was trying to stop it but he travelled in time and cause a new universe to be born the reboot universe. Star Trek Online is set in the original universe not the diverged one. Vulcan still exists in the Star Trek Online universe.
From what I understand the explosion and the end of the Romulan Empire is canon for everything Star Trek. However the events that took place in the last Star Trek film take place in that autonomous universe. So the explosion of the Romulus Star onwards splits the Star Trek into two parallel universes, one that is for the XXX crowd (lots of action, low on brains, movies) and the usual TV series. At least for now.
All I know is that since Gene died, they raped his vision again and again.
trusteft: since Gene died, they raped his vision again and again.
Some of it deserved raping. Gene didn't want money in his Star Trek but where would we be without Gold Pressed Latinum? Also Gene absolutely hated Patrick Stewart, he hated the idea of a Brit as his Captain. Rick Berman can occasionally do something right.
GameRager: Actually yes......as in the later(old) trek films romulus isn't destroyed...it's still there.
Star Trek XI created a divergance. Romulus is very much gone even in the 'real' Trek universe. The timeline diverged at that point, not before.
Post edited May 27, 2011 by Delixe
Delixe: Star Trek XI created a divergance. Romulus is very much gone even in the 'real' Trek universe. The timeline diverged at that point, not before.
You just said spock saved it.
Horse Armor is on sale for 100 Live points for Oblivion this week...

yeah, I know, hilarious.