It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

LordKuruku: So... Fallout 3 GOTY. I've been wanting to get this game for some time now, and seeing as it's $15 with a Steam key I decided to go for it.

The transaction went through and they have my money, but it's been pending for about an hour now. How long should this take? It wouldn't be the first time GameStop stole money from me (hence why this is my first purchase from them in years), far from it, but it's taking an awfully long time. Ought I be worried at this point?
Pheace: I've seen a few more people with that now.

Considering this deal was starting to leak everywhere (that it worked on Steam), probably about half the modern world was starting to get a copy there (the half that gets ripped off in pricing), so I wouldn't be surprised if they ran out of keys at some point. Either that or they realized very late that they probably shouldn't allow most of the world to buy it in dollars :)
I saw this deal as well. But decided against buying it:) (have the retail collectors ed minus the DLC) -- what happens if they run out of keys?. Do people get a refund?.
LordKuruku: So... Fallout 3 GOTY. I've been wanting to get this game for some time now, and seeing as it's $15 with a Steam key I decided to go for it.

The transaction went through and they have my money, but it's been pending for about an hour now. How long should this take? It wouldn't be the first time GameStop stole money from me (hence why this is my first purchase from them in years), far from it, but it's taking an awfully long time. Ought I be worried at this point?
Pheace: I've seen a few more people with that now.

Considering this deal was starting to leak everywhere (that it worked on Steam), probably about half the modern world was starting to get a copy there (the half that gets ripped off in pricing), so I wouldn't be surprised if they ran out of keys at some point. Either that or they realized very late that they probably shouldn't allow most of the world to buy it in dollars :)
I find it very surprising that there are so many people whom don't already have it.

I don't have the cash to take advantage of the sale but that's the way it usually works for me so I'm just going to bite the bullet and get it from Stream directly the next time I do have the cash.

Reason I've postponed on it in the past is because I'm' not sure how well my PC will run it but it definitely won't be the first game in my Steam library that my system can't run.
carnival73: I find it very surprising that there are so many people whom don't already have it.
Between console versions, physical copies, cheap pirates and late adopters etc I'm sure there's still plenty of people looking to buy Fallout 3, especially with all the DLC included.

@Gamestop keys. I haven't a clue. We don't even have Gamestop in the Netherlands, this is my first time dealing with them :)
carnival73: I find it very surprising that there are so many people whom don't already have it.

I don't have the cash to take advantage of the sale but that's the way it usually works for me so I'm just going to bite the bullet and get it from Stream directly the next time I do have the cash.

Reason I've postponed on it in the past is because I'm' not sure how well my PC will run it but it definitely won't be the first game in my Steam library that my system can't run.
I find it surprising they still want as much money for it as they do. The last time it went on sale for around this price, either I didn't have the money or it was before I upgraded my computer.

After getting the original games again here on GOG and playing them, I wanted to finally get Fallout 3 the next time it was on sale. It's been a few months, but this was the sale I was waiting for. Well, kind of.

I feel like I'm one of the three people who haven't even seen what Fallout 3 is like yet (I know it's a departure from the original games. I just haven't been bothered to spoil things with videos). That's part of why I've been wanting to play it, 95% of the time people talk about Fallout these days, they're talking about Fallout 3, so I'm obviously overdue on seeing what all the fuss is about, you know? :)

I know I'm very much in the minority of people interested in Fallout 3 who haven't played it yet. They just don't put it on sale enough, or seem to ever make it $10 or less, which is surprising since everybody should have it by now, and could boost sales for New Vegas and Honest Hearts and whatnot.

Well in the first mail I got this information:

Unfortunately, we were unable to immediately process your order because one or more pieces of billing information do not match with what you have on file with your financial institution. We practice a very rigorous verification process to ensure our customer’s information is protected.

Then I got the second email with the download link and product key exactly 5 minutes later.
I wish they have a same deal for New Vegas . :(
ne_zavarj: Impulse:
Daily deal : all episodes of Winter Voices 50% off .
the reviews on the internet this mostly say it´s one of the worst, slowest and dragging on RPGs ever, as intriguing as the scenario seems. And if even Rock Paper Shotgun, who raved about Pathologic, find it uninteresting,...
Trying the Demo on this one is strongly recommended.
(Disappointed nearly buyer)

@Fallout 3 GOTY GameStop:
Remember guys that you must download the GS Client and install it.
Only then you will receive the email with the Key.
And also check your SPAM folders. Confirmation Mails like this quite often get caught by the filter for some reason, in my Email
Post edited May 29, 2011 by dyscode
dyscode: @Fallout 3 GOTY GameStop:
And also check your SPAM folders. Confirmation Mails like this quite often get caught by the filter for some reason, in my Email
I didn't download anything from GameStop and yet I got the code.
dyscode: @Fallout 3 GOTY GameStop:
gyokzoli: I didn't download anything from GameStop and yet I got the code.
maybe you don´t, worked for me at least.
PS: I mean the Fallout3GOTYCODE-dm.exe file to activate the Key or what ever?!
Post edited May 29, 2011 by dyscode
gyokzoli: I didn't download anything from GameStop and yet I got the code.
dyscode: maybe you don´t, worked for me at least.
PS: I mean the Fallout3GOTYCODE-dm.exe file to activate the Key or what ever?!
I did not download anything. In fact, I got the product key in the same email which gave me the download link to the mentioned file. I could activate the key on Steam w/o doing anything involving GameStop.
Fallout 3 is not available via steam for me to buy. What will happen if I get a code from Gamestop and put it in Steam ?
I didn't receive a code via email.
After the program installed there was a popup containing the key.

Edit;
after reading gyokzoli's post, I checked the email receipt from Gamestop. Lo and behold, the key's right there. lol
Post edited May 29, 2011 by wy4786
senan79: Fallout 3 is not available via steam for me to buy. What will happen if I get a code from Gamestop and put it in Steam ?
You will all blowed up!

Lol

Kidding, I think keys are considered another form of gifting so it should work.
I'm stupid. Anyone mind linking me to wherever that GameStop downloader or whatever is? As I feared, I've woken up from that sleeping thing I tend to do, and it's still pending. Last night I opened up a support ticket asking why it had been pending for three hours, and the only email I've gotten was an automated response that they've gotten my request.

Also, to contradict my opening statement; I'm not stupid. I know better than to ignore the spam folder, that's a non-issue. ;)
Edit: Apparently it is a Steam key, nontheless.
Post edited May 29, 2011 by Taleroth