It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

gameon: I think that TET and his ways are understanding and fair enough, but i have to say, its a bit too slow. Just look at this:
http://www.gog.com/en/forum/general/release_darwinia/post51
Skunk: Well, for what it's worth, that was "only" eight hours ago. Not as bad as the several year old review spam and spam posts I've come across. If this was any other gaming forum, that post would already be gone and he'd have either received an infraction or ban by now. Here, I imagine he'll receive several warnings, perhaps far more than he deserves, and judging by his behavior, he'll either get bored of nobody being impressed by his stupidity or prove himself totally unable or unwilling to change his behavior and absolutely deserving, beyond the shadow of a doubt, to be among the few banned GOG users who are incapable of anything better than what he's posted.

I like this. It's just a forum, after all. Aside from obvious spambots, there's no reason to throw around bans so hastily. Too many second chances are far better than none at all. Yes, it can be abused by people knowing they can get away with being dullards for months and months, but ultimately it serves to justify such a ban all the more.

They're slow, yeah, but I think I'd much rather put up with having to downrate and hide degenerates than the alternatives I've seen... :/
(Y)
FiatLux: (Y)
Err... cleavage? A lady's nether parts in a swimsuit?

I'm not well-versed in internet lingo, what on Earth does that mean?
FiatLux: (Y)
bazilisek: Err... cleavage? A lady's nether parts in a swimsuit?

I'm not well-versed in internet lingo, what on Earth does that mean?
I had to look it up myself to use it but apparantly it is the emoticon for "Thumbs up" (I simply do not understand almost all emoticons , but I thought it would be "unhip" ;-) to write "thumbs up" when I knew that there had to be an emoticon for that one....)

Ref : http://messenger.msn.com/Resource/Emoticons.aspx

(So every time that someone writes some "strange emoticon" to me on my cell phone in a text message - some people uses "emoticons" a lot - then I am so totally "lost" :-) )
Post edited May 10, 2012 by FiatLux
gameon: I think that TET and his ways are understanding and fair enough, but i have to say, its a bit too slow. Just look at this:
I wouldn't say I'm slow just so much as I am not all-seeing. ;)

And yeah, my actual job name is "Head of Marketing & PR", not "Community Moderator", I just end up doing the moderation because we didn't really have anyone who did that before I showed up and I'm willing enough to do it.

Good news, though. We're gonna get a dedicated community manager soon!
TheEnigmaticT: I wouldn't say I'm slow just so much as I am not all-seeing. ;)

And yeah, my actual job name is "Head of Marketing & PR", not "Community Moderator", I just end up doing the moderation because we didn't really have anyone who did that before I showed up and I'm willing enough to do it.

Bring Bastion & Limbo with that manager ... and you got my soul :D
TheEnigmaticT: Good news, though. We're gonna get a dedicated community manager soon!
Can we call it by it's real name? "Community Whipping boy"?
TheEnigmaticT: Good news, though. We're gonna get a dedicated community manager soon!
Wouldn't it depend on who the "Community Manager" is (The persons attitude , "persona" etc. and such) and how this forum is going to be with a "Community Manager" ?
;-)

wodmarach: Can we call it by it's real name? "Community Whipping boy"?
Darn you are quick/fast !!!
TheEnigmaticT: I wouldn't say I'm slow just so much as I am not all-seeing. ;)

spinefarm: Bring Bastion & Limbo with that manager ... and you got my soul :D
GOG probably got your soul already , but hey ! , look at it this way : Steam probably more like owns people....
FiatLux: Wouldn't it depend on who the "Community Manager" is (The persons attitude , "persona" etc. and such) and how this forum is going to be with a "Community Manager" ?
;-)
Well, look at it this way: a community manager who's part of the GOG.com team is more accountable than community mods. ;)
FiatLux: Wouldn't it depend on who the "Community Manager" is (The persons attitude , "persona" etc. and such) and how this forum is going to be with a "Community Manager" ?
;-)

wodmarach: Can we call it by it's real name? "Community Whipping boy"?
FiatLux: Darn you are quick/fast !!!
spinefarm: Bring Bastion & Limbo with that manager ... and you got my soul :D
FiatLux: GOG probably got your soul already , but hey ! , look at it this way : Steam probably more like owns people....
I'm considering buying Limbo on Steam....cause I really want to play it...own Bastion already on Xbox.... so my soul is still free :D
;-)
TheEnigmaticT: Well, look at it this way: a community manager who's part of the GOG.com team is more accountable than community mods. ;)
;-)

P.S.
By the way , don't you guys have to feed the person or something (I mean people usually don't wok for free if part of a team) or are you guys just gonna feed this person left overs ;-)

(My point ! , GOG will obviously have to invest some money in having a "Community Manager")

And by the way it's not going to say like "Tweet - GOG got a Community Manager !" , or something like that - is it ? ;-)
I hope for GOGs sake that this is a proper GOG employee and not some juvenile idiot on a powertrip.

Less moderation is better moderation has always been my motto.
SimonG: I hope for GOGs sake that this is a proper GOG employee and not some juvenile idiot on a powertrip.

It will be someone who sits here in the office and labors under the watchful eye of the Hatted One.
SimonG: I hope for GOGs sake that this is a proper GOG employee and not some juvenile idiot on a powertrip.

Young man ! . can we have that tone moderated please !
;-)
LOL
TheEnigmaticT: It will be someone who sits here in the office and labors under the watchful eye of the Hatted One.
I'm very glad to hear that.

I can live with juvenile ;-).

(and you couldn't have picked a worse thread for that announcement. All this off-topic chatter, somebody get some moderation in here!)
TheEnigmaticT: It will be someone who sits here in the office and labors under the watchful eye of the Hatted One.
Do you have like an "Exalted One" also ? ;-)