It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

avwjase: Amazon has the Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 Platinum edition marked down from $29.99 to $4.99 right now and it is DRM free for those into such things.

Personally, I prefer DRM free but understand those that prefer to have it attached to a client like Steam.

Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 Platinum edition - 4.99
And guess the weekend promo on GOG now :D
Sword of the Stars 2 is $7.5 on GMG right now. It's Steamworks btw.
grynn: Sword of the Stars 2 is $7.5 on GMG right now. It's Steamworks btw.
From what I'm reading I'm not sure they'll ever properly fix up that game. "It's a lot better now, I can go a few hundred turns till the game starts taking 2,5-3 minutes between turns, although the UI lag is still there sometimes" ... Um, ok, I'll pass ^^ (not a direct quote but it was something like that)

Sad thing is, I was really interested in this series. Was waiting for the first series to go on sale for ages (on Steam), but I was waiting for a 75% sale, which never came until the day Swords of the Star 2 release -_- ... at that point I didn't want 1 anymore and was looking forward to 2. Sadly that was pretty horrible and now they kinda lost my interest alltogether.

I really don't understand why they didn't put up 1 for a bigger sale before releasing their sequel.
Post edited May 10, 2012 by Pheace
S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Shadow if Chernobyl is currently 75% off on Gamer's Gate (ref link).
grynn: Sword of the Stars 2 is $7.5 on GMG right now. It's Steamworks btw.
Pheace: From what I'm reading I'm not sure they'll ever properly fix up that game. "It's a lot better now, I can go a few hundred turns till the game starts taking 2,5-3 minutes between turns, although the UI lag is still there sometimes" ... Um, ok, I'll pass ^^ (not a direct quote but it was something like that)

Sad thing is, I was really interested in this series. Was waiting for the first series to go on sale for ages (on Steam), but I was waiting for a 75% sale, which never came until the day Swords of the Star 2 release -_- ... at that point I didn't want 1 anymore and was looking forward to 2. Sadly that was pretty horrible and now they kinda lost my interest alltogether.

I really don't understand why they didn't put up 1 for a bigger sale before releasing their sequel.
If you like 4X games, I'd still recommend to get the first one. It should be on sale sometime on GG or Steam for 5€/$, and in my opinion, it is an awesome game. The tutorials and explanations are somewhat lacking, and it may take a bit to get "into" it, but for me, it was easily worth it.
Haven't got the second one so far, for the same reasons as you... I do hope it will be fully fixed some day.
FiatLux: The problem you mention about bundle price being "floating" and seemingly regulated up before sales to make offers sound better is very usefull information but I think that Steam is generally plagqued by inflated prices that are too high on many games per standard.
And SP zero tolerance policy at the SPUF is nothing new (I got kicked off the forum myself - because I wouldn't take it) .
But have you any information how the bundle prices is tied in with the "regional prices ?
Also if they are "fiddleing with the bundle prices then perhaps it is something that www.steamprices.com could take a look at if they are not doing so already (perhaps someone at this forum knows someone over there) (?)
Yeah, SPUF is hilarious in how many banned users on average you can see on every page of every topic. Come back to any topic a year later and I guarantee at least one out of every six posts is going to be from a now banned user. I'm amazed by the people from 2005 or so that have managed to evade the ban.

They're real ban-friendly over there, and I don't just mean the forums. Their ten points of infractions system is meaningless when they can decide one's first or second infraction is worth ten points, and they will add points (highly likely resulting in a ban) if you speak back to a mod, no matter how respectful you try to be. It is indeed zero tolerance. There are no degrees of punishment, they have one punishment that fits all crimes, and their judgment is always absolute and final. In addition, the volunteer moderators have a tendency to be very, very stupid, and stunningly immature. Power trip wouldn't begin to describe them.

I'm glad we have guys like TheEnigmaticT over here, and not condescending egos like Matt or Zefar. I'm sure TheEnigmaticT would give me the time of day if I asked him. Zefar wouldn't tell me the century before banning me, and Matt would do little more than inform me that my thread doesn't belong in off-topic and move it to help and suggestions before locking it.

At any rate, I'm afraid I don't know anything about regional prices or steamprices. I've really said everything I know here and in the previously mentioned thread. I'm sure somebody keeps records on these things, but I think there's a lesson to be learned about paying what you believe something is worth, rather than putting stock into "imaginary" percentages.
Skunk: Yeah, SPUF is hilarious in how many banned users on average you can see on every page of every topic. Come back to any topic a year later and I guarantee at least one out of every six posts is going to be from a now banned user. I'm amazed by the people from 2005 or so that have managed to evade the ban.

They're real ban-friendly over there, and I don't just mean the forums. Their ten points of infractions system is meaningless when they can decide one's first or second infraction is worth ten points, and they will add points (highly likely resulting in a ban) if you speak back to a mod, no matter how respectful you try to be. It is indeed zero tolerance. There are no degrees of punishment, they have one punishment that fits all crimes, and their judgment is always absolute and final. In addition, the volunteer moderators have a tendency to be very, very stupid, and stunningly immature. Power trip wouldn't begin to describe them.
I think that you are absolutely right and because of the total injustice I deliberately got kicked out because they do not care what (or who) is right or wrong snd they just dish up this zero tolerance - so I chose to take a little pleasure in to tell the MODs to go f*** them selves ;-)

Skunk: I'm glad we have guys like TheEnigmaticT over here, and not condescending egos like Matt or Zefar. I'm sure TheEnigmaticT would give me the time of day if I asked him. Zefar wouldn't tell me the century before banning me, and Matt would do little more than inform me that my thread doesn't belong in off-topic and move it to help and suggestions before locking it.
Yeah , I think that the GOG forum is very nice and that the MODs here as up to now try to be friendly and do not demonstrate the huge EGO that one usually can see in a lot of forums..
So I think that you are right again...

Skunk: At any rate, I'm afraid I don't know anything about regional prices or steamprices. I've really said everything I know here and in the previously mentioned thread. I'm sure somebody keeps records on these things, but I think there's a lesson to be learned about paying what you believe something is worth, rather than putting stock into "imaginary" percentages.
Well , thank you for the "educational" information anyway.....
:)

P.S.
I forgot to mention that the Steam MODs does not only have huge EGOs and this zero tolerance policy but because of this they also deletes everything from the forum that goes against their will and may at the same time leave what fits them even if "violating" one way or another....
Post edited May 10, 2012 by FiatLux
FiatLux: Yeah , I think that the GOG forum is very nice and that the MODs here as up to now try to be friendly and do not demonstrate the huge EGO that one usually can see in a lot of forums..
This forum doesn't *have* mods does it? I thought EnigmaticT was just part of the team?
Anyway, 'naval' and 'batman' weekends on Gamersgate, so check out the promos if interested.

gameon: I think that TET and his ways are understanding and fair enough, but i have to say, its a bit too slow. Just look at this:
http://www.gog.com/en/forum/general/release_darwinia/post51
Admittedly I did get a laugh out of that so not all is bad.
SimonG: Beware of Rage, for those with ATI chips. The game is the only one in about two years that gave me some serious issues. And it looks like they were tied to my ATI card.

Try a demo to be sure.
wodmarach: patches have since fixed most (but not all) of the problems
I played Rage from release with no problems, I have a ATI HD 5450 and the game ran great for me.
FiatLux: Yeah , I think that the GOG forum is very nice and that the MODs here as up to now try to be friendly and do not demonstrate the huge EGO that one usually can see in a lot of forums..
Pheace: This forum doesn't *have* mods does it? I thought EnigmaticT was just part of the team?
Well maybe we do not have MODs in the "traditional sense" as we most of the time are pretty autonomous here ;-) , but I think that sometimes the GOG guys steps in and (rightfully) acts as MODs....
Pheace: This forum doesn't *have* mods does it? I thought EnigmaticT was just part of the team?
gameon: I think that TET and his ways are understanding and fair enough, but i have to say, its a bit too slow. Just look at this:
Well , I think that if people reports the post as "spam" someone might take notice and remove the post if they think that it deserves to be removed - however this is a pretty autonomous forum and I do not know how GOGs policy is with respect to posts like the one you linked to.....
Post edited May 10, 2012 by FiatLux
spinefarm: And guess the weekend promo on GOG now :D
yeah, and it'll still be twice that price...
spinefarm: And guess the weekend promo on GOG now :D
Fred_DM: yeah, and it'll still be twice that price...
Just what I were thinking ;-)
FiatLux: How much did you pay for it and where did you buy it ? (yres , I understood the " Quakecon" but doesn't know if that means sale at a physical location or online and in which parts of the world - though my guess would ofcourse be US).
We were talking about Steam - so it was a Steam sale.
Well, for what it's worth, that was "only" eight hours ago. Not as bad as the several year old review spam and spam posts I've come across. If this was any other gaming forum, that post would already be gone and he'd have either received an infraction or ban by now. Here, I imagine he'll receive several warnings, perhaps far more than he deserves, and judging by his behavior, he'll either get bored of nobody being impressed by his stupidity or prove himself totally unable or unwilling to change his behavior and absolutely deserving, beyond the shadow of a doubt, to be among the few banned GOG users who are incapable of anything better than what he's posted.

I like this. It's just a forum, after all. Aside from obvious spambots, there's no reason to throw around bans so hastily. Too many second chances are far better than none at all. Yes, it can be abused by people knowing they can get away with being dullards for months and months, but ultimately it serves to justify such a ban all the more.

They're slow, yeah, but I think I'd much rather put up with having to downrate and hide degenerates than the alternatives I've seen... :/