It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

babark: Someone should attempt to do that so as to see if it works.
But no, I got it as a deal.
If it works, you've got to wonder where the money would go... to the bankruptcy administrators? Certainly not to the game devs...
This thread keeps popping up to remind me to activate my games and download them, and yet I don't do it.

Well, I did it for many of them, but some still left, and I don't really feel like doing this right now. I should get ready to sleep (walk the dog, take a shower).
I backed up some of my Desura games - not all of them, because there are some in my collection that I didn't like the looks of. (I guess they were part of some of my Indie Royale bundles... *shrug*)
Sad. I already downloaded everything I wanted from there. Not much to begin with to be honest...

EDIT: Noticed something today. Some games that I had there were only available through the client (no direct download), but today I noticed several of them now have direct downloads too. Sounds like a "grab it while you can" move... :/
Post edited September 09, 2015 by Tannath
As an update (if anyone cares), I emailed the developer of the game I was trying to download, and I don't know if it was that, or if it was something else (desura fixing itself), or maybe some even more hidden change (since people here say they were able to download their games), but I was finally able to download the game I was trying to download. So yay!

And now, making sure to stay away from Desura!
Any financial expert here that can explain why did Bad Juju bought Desura if they're in financial troubles?
Every time I see this thread re-appear I expect to see that someone has either bought Desura, or that they have folded into oblivion and the site has gone with it.
I guess that will just be the New Years revelation.
OlivawR: Any financial expert here that can explain why did Bad Juju bought Desura if they're in financial troubles?
Do you mean Bad Juju were in financial trouble or Desura was in financial trouble?
OlivawR: Any financial expert here that can explain why did Bad Juju bought Desura if they're in financial troubles?
SirPrimalform: Do you mean Bad Juju were in financial trouble or Desura was in financial trouble?
Well they were 1.9 million $ in dept when they purchased Desura from Linden Labs for half million $ (That they never paid) and Indieroyale&Dailyroyale from Gameroyale for 58,000$ plus 30% of Desura's Net Revenue per month from Jan 1, 2015 (they only paid the revanue portion and even it twindled into nothing before bankrutcy).

Bad Juju sought legal councel regarding strategies for negotiating with creditors and chapter 11 bankruptcy reorganization as early as december 2014 just month and half after Desura aquisition.

Out of listed 1.8 million $ company assests, over 1.7 million $ consists of Trademarks and software (Desura for instanse is under software valued at 750k $). Vith the exception of Desura, all of them are likely worth fraction of the estimated value. Even Desura in it's current state is highly overvalued.

So being in serious financial trouble BEFORE desura and indie/dailyroyale aquisition is serious understatement. With the aquisitions they only dug themselves into deeper hole as they were never in position to pay for Linden Labs, let alone all their depors.
Presumably they (mis)calculated that Desura/Indie Royale would start generating money for them, and that in the long run the cashflow would cover all the debts.
Alright, I finished backuping anything I'm remotely interested in from my Desura account. Only a matter of time now...
Password recovery isn't working anymore .
Tannath: Alright, I finished backuping anything I'm remotely interested in from my Desura account. Only a matter of time now...
How do you backup games on Desura?
Tarm: How do you backup games on Desura?
You can directly download about 95% of the games from your Desura account. Only a few games need the Desura client to download and install.
Tarm: How do you backup games on Desura?
Impaler26: You can directly download about 95% of the games from your Desura account. Only a few games need the Desura client to download and install.
Ah thanks. I'll have to try that.