It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

yogsloth: I have 74 unused Desura keys.... so these are probably just going to go up in smoke.
That'd be a shame. You can easily redeem all your keys directly on desura.com and download the games with your browser. Their client is rather optional. Also, before the keys really go up in smoke, you might want to check this thread:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/desura_key_list
yogsloth: I have 74 unused Desura keys. I'm not interested in using anybody's client, so these are probably just going to go up in smoke.

Oh well.
Yeah can still download your Desura games without the client. You just need to sign up first.

Edit: Oops, I'd just realized this question was already answered!
Post edited June 09, 2015 by IronArcturus
SirPrimalform: Huh, anyone know what the deal is with "GEARCRACK Arena"? I tried to use the Steam key and it says it isn't a Steam key rather than the slightly more "key already used" error. Weirdly though, I can't even find the game on the Steam store. Did it get delisted or something?
Yes, it got removed from the Steam store a few days ago. Don't know why though.
Psyringe: Yes, it got removed from the Steam store a few days ago. Don't know why though.
Bugger, seems like the dev cancelled all the keys.
Does anyone want to know the details of the Bad Juju Bankruptcy case? I pulled up the court records today, and I must say their Attorney better submit the required documents the California Bankruptcy Courts wants or else the case is going to be dismissed. I even have their creditor's list as well.

That's if anyone care to really know what is going on with their BK case.
Post edited June 09, 2015 by Toaplan1994
Toaplan1994: Does anyone want to know the details of the Bad Juju Bankruptcy case? I pulled up the court records today, and I must say their Attorney better submit the required documents the California Bankruptcy Courts wants or else the case is going to be dismissed. I even have their creditor's list as well.

I'm quite curious about it, it's public information yes?
Toaplan1994: Does anyone want to know the details of the Bad Juju Bankruptcy case? I pulled up the court records today, and I must say their Attorney better submit the required documents the California Bankruptcy Courts wants or else the case is going to be dismissed. I even have their creditor's list as well.

the.kuribo: I'm quite curious about it, it's public information yes?
It is public information from PACER ([url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PACER_(law]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PACER_(law[/url])). Cost money to pull the documents but it is public domain.
Post edited June 09, 2015 by Toaplan1994
The-Business: (Downloading my bundles from IndieRoyale)
From IndieRoyale's The Debut 22 bundle, the windows zip file for 'Make it Indie!' is missing (clicking on link doesn't find it).
Yeah, this happened to me too.
At least the Steam key worked.

As for one other game, I got a message that the key has already been used by someone else.

Is there anyone left at Desura/IR to do any kind of customer service?
Is it pointless at this point (no pun intended) to ask for a new Steam key, or do I just accept that loss?
When things were better in the past, did they respond to customer service messages and resend keys, or were they like Humble bundle (I wrote Humble like two years ago, still no reply...)?

Also, this is a minor annoyance, but still...
Some time ago they were still giving music for paying over the minimum, although they stopped doing that. Many of those artists links on the download pages are either wrong, link to wrong places or are bit.ly links which go nowhere. MP3 and FLAC files seem to be OK, so it's really not a problem, but like said, something that seems to be broken and unfixed in many bundles.

Do the documents show how deep a hole Bad Juju dug by buying Desura & Indie Royale, ie. how much dept do they have in comparison to their assests?

Petrell: Do the documents show how deep a hole Bad Juju dug by buying Desura & Indie Royale, ie. how much dept do they have in comparison to their assests?
Not yet on both things. They haven't disclosed how much money they have on hand at time of filing or the amount of money they own to their creditors. They did upload the List of Creditors and basic information. They list their assets between $1m to $10m and same for liabilities. Once again when anyone files for Ch 7 Bankruptcy they need to upload all the required documents in the Vol Petition or else the case will be dismissed.

Here's what the case is missing document wise:

United States Bankruptcy Court
Central District Of California
In re:
Bad JuJu Games, Inc. CHAPTER NO.: 7
CASE NO.: 8:15−bk−12823−TA
CASE COMMENCEMENT DEFICIENCY NOTICE
To Debtor and Debtor's Attorney of Record,
YOUR CASE MAY BE DISMISSED IF YOU FAIL TO CURE THE FOLLOWING DEFICIENCIES:
A. You must cure the following within 14 days from filing of your petition:
Corporate Resolution Authorizing Filing of Petition required for Chapter 7 and 11. [Court Manual, section 2−1]
Corporate Ownership Statement as specified by Local Bankruptcy Rule 1007−4
Statement of Related Cases (Information required by LBR 1015−2 (LBR Form F 1015−2.1))
Notice of Available Chapters signed by Debtor(s). (Official Form B201) [11 U.S.C. § 342(b); Court Manual, section 2−1]
Statistical Summary of Certain Liabilities and Related Data (28 U.S.C. § 159) (Official Form B6 Pg 2)
Declaration of Attorney's Limited Scope of Appearance. [LBR 2090−1 (Local Form F2090−1.1) Court Manual, section 2−1]
Disclosure of Compensation of Attorney for Debtor, Certified by Attorney (Official Form B203). [11 U.S.C. § 329; FRBP 2016(b);
Court Manual, section 2−1]
Even if the indicated documents are not applicable to your particular situation, they must still be filed with the notation 'None'
marked thereon.
For all items above that are not electronically filed you must file the original and the following number of copies in accordance
with Local Bankruptcy Rules 1002−1(c) and 5005−2, and Court Manual, section 2−1(a)(7).
Chapter 7 Original only
Please return the original or copy of this form with all required items to the following location:
411 West Fourth Street, Suite 2030, Santa Ana, CA 92701−4593
If you have any questions, please contact the below−referenced Deputy Clerk:
Dated: June 1, 2015 KATHLEEN J. CAMPBELL, CLERK OF COURT
By: Vi Nguyen
Deputy Clerk
ccdn − Revised 06/2014 1 /
Case 8:15-bk-12823-TA Doc 1-2 Filed 06/01/15 Entered 06/01/15 16:58:49 Desc
Case Com Def Notice Page 1 of 1
The servers are starting to act up. The webpage loads up slower and the download is slow. Although I backed up all my games. Just testing something.

I would gladly give away some of my Desura keys, but I don't know what is used or not. I know I had some unused before, but I didn't keep the tabs on them. :(
GOG should buy Desura if it goes up for sale, and merge it in to GOG. They could use it like Greenlight and indie devs can continue to put their stuff up for sale there. Since GOG is actually curated unlike Steam nowadays, anything deemed good enough could be moved in to the normal GOG catalog, random "junk" would just stay there and not get mixed in with the quality games (again unlike what Steam does letting anyone through).
PixelBoy: Is there anyone left at Desura/IR to do any kind of customer service?
Is it pointless at this point (no pun intended) to ask for a new Steam key, or do I just accept that loss?
Doubt it. There's court ordered assest freeze so anyone not critical in maintaining company assests was effectively laid off. And even if there was someone left, I'm sure their support is swamped with support requests, inquireies and angry mail.

PixelBoy: When things were better in the past, did they respond to customer service messages and resend keys, or were they like Humble bundle (I wrote Humble like two years ago, still no reply...)?
I can't comment how it was under Bad Juju but under Linden Labs it was decent. Had them fix some dozen game files that were either broken, missing or outdated. Time it took to fix things varied but all got fixed eventually (probably more to do with devs not being in a hurry to fix their stuff in Desura, pretty much same behavior as GOG gets despite several magnitudes larger compared to Desura). Never asked for keys so can't comment on that.
Petrell: Do the documents show how deep a hole Bad Juju dug by buying Desura & Indie Royale, ie. how much dept do they have in comparison to their assests?
Toaplan1994: Not yet on both things. They haven't disclosed how much money they have on hand at time of filing or the amount of money they own to their creditors. They did upload the List of Creditors and basic information. They list their assets between $1m to $10m and same for liabilities. Once again when anyone files for Ch 7 Bankruptcy they need to upload all the required documents in the Vol Petition or else the case will be dismissed.

Here's what the case is missing document wise:

United States Bankruptcy Court
Central District Of California
In re:
Bad JuJu Games, Inc. CHAPTER NO.: 7
CASE NO.: 8:15−bk−12823−TA
CASE COMMENCEMENT DEFICIENCY NOTICE
To Debtor and Debtor's Attorney of Record,
YOUR CASE MAY BE DISMISSED IF YOU FAIL TO CURE THE FOLLOWING DEFICIENCIES:
A. You must cure the following within 14 days from filing of your petition:
Case 8:15-bk-12823-TA Doc 1-2 Filed 06/01/15 Entered 06/01/15 16:58:49 Desc
Case Com Def Notice Page 1 of 1
So either we hear details by 16th or it's dismissed basically.
On the devs side of things, Groupees retweeted this

Really excited to say I'll be working with @Groupees1 and getting to help indies!
Going to be doing bundles to help devs affected by Desura