It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I don’t want to speak for the group, but I think that you could say that it’s a passion project for all involved. :)
This is awesome! I've been wanting to do something similar for a while now. Let me know if/when you start looking for more Unity dev help. Would love to jump in.

Marty
Facebook: martaaaay
Post edited October 11, 2018 by martaaaay
Hi.

I don´t participate much in forums, but tried to help the dev team in the moddb page with some model loading code. After a long pause, I am returning to my personal project that has some overlap with the current dev. Not yet a Unity expert, but if any help is needed, just let me know too.

This project had recent highlight from media in youtube and I was hoping it was close to finish. Any news on that would be nice to continue the support not only from me but others, as mentioned above. Anyway, I just have to thank the dev team for creating and continuing the development of this project!

--leo

ps: www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPViki02yR0
Post edited October 14, 2018 by leonhardrocha
leonhardrocha: Hi.

I don´t participate much in forums, but tried to help the dev team in the moddb page with some model loading code. After a long pause, I am returning to my personal project that has some overlap with the current dev. Not yet a Unity expert, but if any help is needed, just let me know too.

This project had recent highlight from media in youtube and I was hoping it was close to finish. Any news on that would be nice to continue the support not only from me but others, as mentioned above. Anyway, I just have to thank the dev team for creating and continuing the development of this project!

--leo

ps: www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPViki02yR0
It's not finished, but work on it is ongoing.

With the recent hostility from Lucasfilm towards a known KOTOR fan game, we are taking some steps to fly low and avoid using any logos or brands or trademarks that could call for their attention or make them think that we are trying to cause confusion about whether we have their permission or not.

So even if we become more silent, we are still working on it.
I was worried about that, Azrapse. That team put a lot of work into that project and from what I saw it looked beautiful. I as many others were really looking forward to palying that. But unfortuantely we may never get to play that now. Hopefully this will not happen to you and your team, as you guys put a lot of work into this.
Hi... It takes a bit slow, but when I have time, I'm trying to update the model... Yeah, too much attention to such a small model... But just to make an update. It is about 15K tris now, but there are some easy, but poligon eating optimizations to be made later. Lower and backside of the transport really needs some work, also I need to differ the lower cannon from what it is now.
Attachments:
t2-1.jpg (116 Kb)
t2-2.jpg (123 Kb)
This Dx-9 is really great.
I'm amazed about this project, you all developers must be proud about what you're achieving.
When we played the game it's first release it really felt awesome, it was my first aproach to flight simulators and I can't completely reach that sensation when I try it now, seeing it all without proper textures and fighting square boxes vs rectangular ones. Seeing your progress allows me to regain the 1993 sensation about the game. Just thanks a lot.
Hello. Happy holidays everyone. Any new update on the Star Destroyer. Looking forward to getting killed by it.
I can't hold myself continously checking this foro and moddb site. I know you needed to fly low, just in case, but can't you update something so we can know everything is going right? Just a progress % or smthing like that...
You already had a shared excel with progress, but it's not updated, is it?
@Devs you are my heroes for making this real. Congratulations, it's going to be awesome.
When we cancel the project, we let you know. ;)
no more postings? Sorry every now and then the forum seems to dissapear unless I post.
Post edited December 02, 2018 by rkinkjr
We aren't dead. As you said, we are trying to fly low after all the C&D talk there has been.

There is not much to show, since we are working mostly on the code and implementing missing features. It's not very exciting sport to watch, to be honest. :)
Now and then we have some new screenshot of the models that the art team is working on.

Our testers are basically running thru all the missions in the game, registering issues where XWVM deviates from the original, or where there are bugs or unimplemented stuff yet to be done.
You can see one example here:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/340048948
Rasi has other videos from his streamings while he tests AI behaviors in the campaign.
Hey Azrapse, do you still recruit testers? I could help test your mod - I have some experience as a beta tester. I was on a test team for Wing Commander Saga - I even got a cameo in one misison ;). I also played the hell out of X-Wing and Tie Fighter back in good old DOS era and I still comeback mostly to Tie Fighter thanks to DOSBox (Tie Fighter Collector's CD-ROM is the way to go). I have 3 PC configs (AMD/Intel CPU, NV/AMD GPU, Win7/10) I can test it on with 3 different HOTAS setups, Track IR, and an XBox controller.

Best regards.
Post edited December 03, 2018 by damson
damson: I was on a test team for Wing Commander Saga - I even got a cameo in one misison ;).
That I can confirm.
Good to see you. :)
rkinkjr: Hello. Happy holidays everyone. Any new update on the Star Destroyer. Looking forward to getting killed by it.
Surfacing is ongoing (sneak peak ) below. :)
Attachments:
test.jpg (61 Kb)