It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I've heard you mention Jaethal can make an adequate spell caster - do you have a recommended build for her? I want to use her, but already have a sufficient tank, dps, and heal bot(Tristian).
bertrambear85: I've heard you mention Jaethal can make an adequate spell caster - do you have a recommended build for her? I want to use her, but already have a sufficient tank, dps, and heal bot(Tristian).
Pretty much either a glutton wizard with staff of whispering souls or an empyreal sorc with amulet of dying wisdom. Pretty standard conjueror/necro in both cases. It's not amazing, but it does work with her undead path.
Post edited April 03, 2020 by InEffect
I have a question regarding your Jubi build thats in the unfair doc.

It takes Infusion at lvl 14 instead of lvl lvl 6 like the one linked here.
Since I used the build from this thread in my previous save and made good use of shield on my Leopards I wonder if I will be fine without it till lvl 14. Especially since I'm now playing on hard on top.

Or maybe should I swap cognatogen and infusion from the unfair build?
-Rimiu-: I have a question regarding your Jubi build thats in the unfair doc.

Since I used the build from this thread in my previous save and made good use of shield on my Leopards I wonder if I will be fine without it till lvl 14. Especially since I'm now playing on hard on top.

depends on how much you like your pets. I generally hate buffing those past early-game, so I don't care much for the shield. If you have other reasons to have a shield spell... like running MC monk or a druid - sure, you take it at 6.
-Rimiu-: I have a question regarding your Jubi build thats in the unfair doc.

InEffect: depends on how much you like your pets. I generally hate buffing those past early-game, so I don't care much for the shield. If you have other reasons to have a shield spell... like running MC monk or a druid - sure, you take it at 6.
Yeah I'm running your feyspeaker shifter build. So 2 Leopards with Sylvan Sorc. TBH for as long as I had them they contributed the most tanking wise and damage wise. I know it changes late game but for now I really don't mind buffing them. Shield is the lesser evil. Undressing Vallerie is the real killer everytime lol.
-Rimiu-: Yeah I'm running your feyspeaker shifter build. So 2 Leopards with Sylvan Sorc. TBH for as long as I had them they contributed the most tanking wise and damage wise. I know it changes late game but for now I really don't mind buffing them. Shield is the lesser evil. Undressing Vallerie is the real killer everytime lol.
You can bite the bullet and just use heart of valor on her. Costs some AC, but you wouldn't have to play dress-up.
Post edited April 03, 2020 by InEffect
-Rimiu-: Yeah I'm running your feyspeaker shifter build. So 2 Leopards with Sylvan Sorc. TBH for as long as I had them they contributed the most tanking wise and damage wise. I know it changes late game but for now I really don't mind buffing them. Shield is the lesser evil. Undressing Vallerie is the real killer everytime lol.
InEffect: You can bite the bullet and just use heart of valor on her. Costs some AC, but you wouldn't have to play dress-up.
I think I will do that for now. Do I still eat the 15 Arcane Spell Failure Chance or was there something to lower this? Sorry if this is a bit of a noob question.
InEffect: You can bite the bullet and just use heart of valor on her. Costs some AC, but you wouldn't have to play dress-up.
-Rimiu-: I think I will do that for now. Do I still eat the 15 Arcane Spell Failure Chance or was there something to lower this? Sorry if this is a bit of a noob question.
heart of valor is a mythral breastplate. Meaning you treat it as light, except for proficiencies. TL;DR bards can cast in it with no ASF
-Rimiu-: I think I will do that for now. Do I still eat the 15 Arcane Spell Failure Chance or was there something to lower this? Sorry if this is a bit of a noob question.
InEffect: heart of valor is a mythral breastplate. Meaning you treat it as light, except for proficiencies. TL;DR bards can cast in it with no ASF
OH I thought the Mithral trait already shows it as what type of armor it really is. Thank you very much.
Post edited April 03, 2020 by -Rimiu-
If I want neither of the cleric follower but instead a merc, can I still pick the Erastil Cleric from your guide or would the Gozreh variant from this thread be better for that(and swap later?). Speaking strictly from early game on.

Thank you again for all the help. This will be my last question as it is probably getting annoying at this point.
Post edited April 04, 2020 by -Rimiu-
-Rimiu-: If I want neither of the cleric follower but instead a merc, can I still pick the Erastil Cleric from your guide or would the Gozreh variant from this thread be better for that(and swap later?). Speaking strictly from early game on.

Thank you again for all the help. This will be my last question as it is probably getting annoying at this point.
Erastil all the way. Guarded hearth is just way too good. Gozreh is ok if you have no space for the full arcane caster for reasons unknown. But even then I'd swap to erastil theurge at 20
Armored Booter:

Race: Human
Alignment: any lawful

Stats:
Str: 19 > 24
Dex: 12
Con: 14
Int: 12
Wis: 14
Cha: 8

Final Build: Ranger(Freebooter) 10/Alchemist(Vivisectionist)3/Monk(Traditional)1/Fighter 3/Stalwart Defender 3

Main skills: Mobility 3, Perception, Trickery, Persuasion
Secondary: Stealth, Athletics

Detailed leveling breakdown:
Lvl 1: Fighter - Exotic: Bastard, Toughness, Power Attack
Lvl 2: Monk - Dodge
Lvl 3: Alchemist - Crane Style
Lvl 4: Alchemist - Feral
Lvl 5: Alchemist - Outflank
Lvl 6: Ranger
Lvl 7: Ranger - Crane Wing // Menacing > Intimidating Prowess
Lvl 8: Ranger
Lvl 9: Ranger - Accomplished Sneak Attacker*
Lvl 10: Ranger
Lvl 11: Ranger - Vital Strike // Menacing > Shatter
Lvl 12: Stalwart
Lvl 13: Stalwart - Improved Vital Strike
Lvl 14: Stalwart
Lvl 15: Fighter - Cleave // Cleaving Finish
Lvl 16: Fighter
Lvl 17: Ranger - Greater Vital Strike
Lvl 18: Ranger
Lvl 19: Ranger - Crane Riposte*
Lvl 20: Ranger - Menacing > Improved Crit: Bastard Sword
*Can be swapped for whatever you like better, Combat reflexes are not a bad choice, especially if you run someone heavy on trips.

Gear: Oversized Bastard sword, Mythral Plate, AC gear, Stat Gear, Opportunist’s boots.

Important spells: Shield, Lead blades

Non min-maxed for a change. Mostly cause I don’t really have to and the build in armored version is not fit for unfair anyways. GVS to fill your standard actions while doing booter stuff. Cleaving finish procs GVS damage again if you kill the target. Also, both GVS and Cleave, as well as all opportunity attacks count That’s about it. A fighter with a lot of buttons to press all the time. Feral Mutagen is awesome early. Can be done on a merc with a bit of min/maxing.

For best results use legendary proportions on him, cast lead blades and GVS stuff.
Post edited October 11, 2020 by InEffect
Hey.

I read your staff monkster build and wanted to ask since it is 2 years old if you would change anything? And also I wanted to ask how you take crane wing at lvl 8, scaled fist doesnt have that one as extra feat or am I missing something.

Thanks for the help.
Isigor: Hey.

I read your staff monkster build and wanted to ask since it is 2 years old if you would change anything? And also I wanted to ask how you take crane wing at lvl 8, scaled fist doesnt have that one as extra feat or am I missing something.

Thanks for the help.
Yeah. I'd change something. I'd play fisting monk from unfair guide. More damage. Don't have the time to recheck the staff one atm, sorry.
Post edited April 05, 2020 by InEffect
@InEffect :

Trying an Eldtrich Scion STR build. Are 20 levels worth it or can I throw some multiclass for good measure? Some vivi for sneak attacks?