It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

InEffect: Degenerate Druid for Kenny_Smith36

Race: Human
Alignment: LN
Pet: Smilodon

Stats:
Str: 7
Dex: 15
Con: 15
Int: 14
Wis: 19 > 24
Cha: 7

Final Build: Druid(DotTW) 17/Monk(Traditional) 1/Alchemist(Vivisectionist) 2

Main skills: Persuasion (Max), Perception (Max), Trickery (Max), Mobility 3
Suggested secondary skills: UMD and a bit of stealth, lore: nature and lore: religion

Detailed leveling breakdown:
Lvl 1: Druid - Spell Focus: Conjuration // Spell Specialization
Lvl 2: Druid
Lvl 3: Druid - Augment Summoning
Lvl 4: Druid
Lvl 5: Druid - Superior Summoning
Lvl 6: Druid
Lvl 7: Druid - Deceitful
Lvl 8: Druid
Lvl 9: Druid - Spell Focus: Evocation
Lvl 10: Druid
Lvl 11: Druid - Greater Spell Focus: Evocation
Lvl 12: Druid
Lvl 13: Druid - Elemental Focus: Fire*
Lvl 14: Alchemist
Lvl 15: Druid - Greater Elemental Focus: Fire
Lvl 16: Druid
Lvl 17: Druid - Dodge
Lvl 18: Druid
Lvl 19: Monk - Crane Style // Crane Wing
Lvl 20: Alchemist - Cognatogen
*or Electricity. Both have merits, Can’t fit in both

Spell Specialization: Latest summon spell till 11(or whatever really. Extra duration is helpful early), 11-13 Sirocco, 13-15 Creeping Doom, 15+ Stormbolts

Important Spells:
Lvl 1: Entangle, Acid Maw, Magic Fang
Lvl 2: Sickening Entanglement, Barkskin
Lvl 3: Spike Growth, Resist Energy(Communal)*, Delay Poison(Communal), Magic Fang(Greater)
Lvl 4: Echolocation, Spike Stones, Protection from Energy(Communal)*, Slowing Mud
Lvl 5: Vinetrap, Cave Fangs, Animal Growth
Lvl 6: Sirocco
Lvl 7: Creeping Doom, Legendary Proportions**
Lvl 8: Stormbolts, Seamantle**, Frightful aspect**
Lvl 9: Elemental Swarm
*Might want to downgrade to regular ones if solo
**Good, but you likely won’t have space for those

Gear: Monk robes or fire/electricity robes, AC gear, ring of circumstances, Stat gear, Profane Ammy from varnhold dlc, rods

Bit about what he actually does: earlygame is mostly summon spam while pet hopefully kills stuff. Once you get ground spells like spike growth you add a degenerate teactics of kiting enemies around those with a pet to your repertoire. Sirocco will add Some Hard CC, which is always good. Come level 13 you get Creeping Doom and real degeneracy kicks in. Sit back, relax and wait for enemies to die.
I am kinda torn between fire and electrical focus. The former kicks sirocco into usable DC’s and the latter is a good damage spell targeting fort. Considering you would likely use strombolts with that +4DC maximize+Empower masterpiece rod, I opted for fire to give yourself a hard CC when you need it.
Monk is taken late as you really only need Touch AC from that investment. Technically can be skipped, but it generally is less pita that way.
Alchemist is there to make all skills class skills and to provide cognatogen for an extra +4 wisdom boost
Don’t forget to convert your spells into summons when you need them.
That’s about it. The apotheosis of degenerate unfair tactics. Solo or a very small party is advised as you want to get to 13 asap.
Don't care about pet losing levels late as pet falls off bit past midgame anyways.
Thank you for the build! Going to try it right away!
If you're up for a real challenge...

A Hard-viable Shield Bash build that doesn't have any Monk, Alchemist, or Inquisitor levels. I'd like to say two base classes + one prestige class max, but I'd be willing to have more if it worked that much better. No alignment restrictions, no preference on min/maxing stats, all DLCs. Doesn't have to be a main tank, but should be able to off-tank.
SB/No monk, alchemist, inquisitor/2classes+1prestige/Tank for GrinchSRD

Human Fighter preset*
*Well... you said no restrictions. Thing has like 32PB. We could use an edge here, although can be regular human or an orc if you really want to. Drop dex to 13 then and take slayer, dodge, toughness at level 1. and fighter crane style at level 2 and go with 19 > 24 str.

Alignment: LG*
*We are kinda fine with whatever lawful, but it’s more beneficial for deliverer. And you’ll want absolver cloak anyways.

Stats:
Str: 20 > 24
Dex: 15
Con: 14
Int: 13 > 14 @20
Wis: 10
Cha: 10

Final Build: Fighter 4/Slayer(Deliverer) 12/Stalwart 4

Main skills: Persuasion (Max), Perception (Max), Mobility 3
Suggested secondary skills: w/e you fancy. Will have loads of free points.

Detailed leveling breakdown:
Lvl 1: Fighter - Toughness // Shield Bash // Two-weapon Fighting
Lvl 2: Slayer - Irori
Lvl 3: Slayer - Dodge
Lvl 4: Slayer
Lvl 5: Slayer - Crane Style // Menacing > Dazzling Display(or whatever else, doesn’t matter)
Lvl 6: Slayer
Lvl 7: Slayer - Outflank // Menacing > Shatter Defenses
Lvl 8: Stalwart
Lvl 9: Slayer - Improved TWF(+2dex item)
Lvl 10: Slayer - Combat Trick > Crane Wing
Lvl 11: Slayer - Shield Master
Lvl 12: Slayer
Lvl 13: Slayer - Greater TWF(+4dex item)
Lvl 14: Slayer - Crippling Strikes
Lvl 15: Stalwart - Double Slice // Slam
Lvl 16: Stalwart
Lvl 17: Stalwart - Accomplished Sneak Attacker // Whatever
Lvl 18: Fighter - Crane Riposte(Blindfight if you don’t have an alchemist to give out echolocation)
Lvl 19: Fighter
Lvl 20: Fighter - Bashing Finish

Gear: Mithral Plate, Best 1h you can find(Allslayer late. Pitax palace), Absolver cloak, ring of circumstances, Dreamer ring, Gyronna ammy, Opportunist boots, Ravena Shield, +Stat gear, Whatever helmet you like(+2 AC one is nice)

Can easily reach 70AC with buffs. Around 35 buffed touch AC is best you can hope for, though. Nothing I can do about that, just standard armored problems.

Pretty straightforward build with good damage. Has shatter, would prefer someone else to dazzle for him, though. Doesn’t take any weapon feats, so totally relaxed on that part.

It’s a toss-up what to use late for a weapon between perfection and allslayer. For perfection take Imp. Crit: longswords at 17. Allslayer will help you murder pesky ghosts and comes keen, so I opted for that one.

7d6 sneak attack should help doing some damage as twf is not exactly impressive otherwise. Just bashing is not enough in my book. Gotta make the thing viable damage dealer, at least to some extent.

I kinda like this one tbh. Pretty solid.
Post edited June 08, 2019 by InEffect
Hey InEffect, now that the Bear god scimitar is fixed, what is the best build built around using it? Two weapon ranger? Druid? Mad Dog?
Krowseph: Hey InEffect, now that the Bear god scimitar is fixed, what is the best build built around using it? Two weapon ranger? Druid? Mad Dog?
Either sacred huntsmaster of some sort or ranger would be my bet. s/b Ranger15/M1/V1/Sacred3 would work, I guess as monk bugs are not fixed yet(and unlikely to be)
Shifter druid can also be done as a practical joke.
InEffect: SB/No monk, alchemist, inquisitor/2classes+1prestige/Tank for GrinchSRD
Thanks man! That's actually a pretty dope build, I'm impressed.

One question though: does Crane Wing actually work with it? I don't have the game in front of me right now, but the wiki entry for the feat says you need one hand free to get its bonuses.
InEffect: SB/No monk, alchemist, inquisitor/2classes+1prestige/Tank for GrinchSRD
GrinchSRD: Thanks man! That's actually a pretty dope build, I'm impressed.

One question though: does Crane Wing actually work with it? I don't have the game in front of me right now, but the wiki entry for the feat says you need one hand free to get its bonuses.
Those feats are bugged and broken since forever with no signs of that changing anytime soon. They work with whatever. Same with monk AC working with shields. That was the first thing I checked after update.
I am in dire need of a main character to make it through the game with, can't stop restarting. I have to be lawful evil, so paladin is out, and swing two handed weapons. I'd also like to pick locks and be persuasive. I was thinking ranger or viv. I don't care about race. I just want to have an evil character :) Anyway you could help me out? Thanks
Post edited June 08, 2019 by baronofsyn
@InEffect

I was hoping you could give me some adviceon what class i should pick. I want to do an assimar healer/melee dps with some offensive divine or holy magic. I normally like to play high charisma and persuasion characters. I'm thinking I should go paladin or cleric but I'm not sure which way to go as it will be my first playthrough.

also if its wildly inefficient I would also be willing to focus more on healing and offensive magic and less on the melee side.

Any advice you could give would be greatly appreciated.
Evil melee for baronofsyn

Race: Aasimar(Angelkin)
Alignment: LE

Stats:
Str: 19 > 24
Dex: 12
Int: 12
Wis: 8
Cha: 16

Main Skills: Trickery, Persuasion, Mobility 3
Secondary Skills: whatever you like

Final Build: Slayer(Deliverer) 1/Alchemist(Vivisectionist) 1/Bard(Archaeologist) 4/Dragon Disciple 4/Eldritch Knight 10

Lvl 1: Slayer - irori // Weapon Focus: Greataxe
Lvl 2: Alchemist
Lvl 3: Bard - Dodge(+2dex item)
Lvl 4: Bard - Combat Trick > Crane Style
Lvl 5: Bard - Dazzling Display
Lvl 6: Dragon Disciple
Lvl 7: Dragon Disciple - Outflank // Power Attack
Lvl 8: Dragon Disciple
Lvl 9: Dragon Disciple - Shatter Defenses
Lvl 10: Bard
Lvl 11: Eldritch Knight - Wings // Crane Wing
Lvl 12: Eldritch Knight
Lvl 13: Eldritch Knight - Improved Critical: Greataxe
Lvl 14: Eldritch Knight
Lvl 15: Eldritch Knight - Intimidating Prowess // Dreadful Carnage
Lvl 16: Eldritch Knight
Lvl 17: Eldritch Knight - Crane Riposte
Lvl 18: Eldritch Knight
Lvl 19: Eldritch Knight - Accomplished Sneak Attacker // Greater Weapon Focus: Greataxe
Lvl 20: Eldritch Knight

Spells by level in order of importance:
Lvl1: Cure Light Wounds, Remove Fear, Vanish
Lvl2: Mirror Image, Sense Vitals, Glitterdust, Cure Moderate Wounds
Lvl3: Displacement, Haste, Good Hope, Cure Serious Wounds, Delay Poison(Communal)
Lvl4: Greater Invisibility, Cure Critical Wounds, Dimension Door, Echolocation, Freedom of Movement
Lvl5: Heroism(Greater), Dispel Magic(Greater), Summon Monster V*, Cure Light Wounds(Mass)
Lvl6: Brilliant Inspiration, Cure Moderate Wounds(Mass)
*Optional. Nothing better is at hand so might as well have an option to summon some trash.

Alchemist spells: Shield, True Strike

Gear: Medium armor(Singing plate), Greataxe(Vanquisher), AC gear, Stat gear, Lesser extend for shield spell(unless you have another alchemist with infusion to give out longer shields)

There you go. Should be solid enough.
delta5ff: @InEffect

I was hoping you could give me some adviceon what class i should pick. I want to do an assimar healer/melee dps with some offensive divine or holy magic. I normally like to play high charisma and persuasion characters. I'm thinking I should go paladin or cleric but I'm not sure which way to go as it will be my first playthrough.

also if its wildly inefficient I would also be willing to focus more on healing and offensive magic and less on the melee side.

Any advice you could give would be greatly appreciated.
I'd say it has to be either Sacred huntsmaster or caster cleric with what you want it to be. Sacred16/M1/Stalwart3 would work decently well as a 2h build.
Or a caster ecclesi17/M1/V2 of gozreh water+animal.
Hello!

You wrote that sage would make a much better necromancer(or conjurer) in your "sage with cha" post. I think i have a pretty good idea how you would build this, but i'm still super curious how you would! I assume it would be with an elf with the +dex , +int and DC modifiers, with both conjuration and necromancy focus, but greater focus on necromancy.

So i guess i'm asking you to make as strong sage as possible, but it's fine if you just tell me which major pitfalls to avoid(if there is any)

Edit: The spells i liked most on BG2 was finger of death and the death ring(dont remember the name), so that's mostly why i'm very curious about a sage necromancer. It was just cool hehe. Also, i picked up somewhere that conjuration can be very strong in the first part of the game, so that made me even more curious :)

Edit2: Not sure if relevant, but i'm gonna play on challenging.
Post edited June 08, 2019 by Landsey
DC Sorc for Landsey

Race: Human
Alignment: Any evil(LE is nice for kingdom management)

Stats:
Str: 7
Dex: 16
Int: 19
Wis: 7
Cha: 14

Final Build: Sorcerer(Sage) 18/Alchemist(Vivisectionist) 2

Main skills: Persuasion (Max), Perception (Max), Trickery(Max)
Suggested secondary skills: Knowledge skills, UMD

Lvl 1: Sorcerer - Point-Blank Shot // Precise Shot // Spell Focus: Evocation
Lvl 2: Sorcerer
Lvl 3: Sorcerer - Spell Specialization
Lvl 4: Sorcerer
Lvl 5: Sorcerer - Spell Focus: Conjuration
Lvl 6: Sorcerer
Lvl 7: Sorcerer - Weapon Focus: Ray // Greater Spell Focus: Conjuration
Lvl 8: Sorcerer
Lvl 9: Sorcerer - Dazzling Display
Lvl 10: Sorcerer
Lvl 11: Sorcerer - Heightened Spell
Lvl 12: Sorcerer
Lvl 13: Sorcerer - Deceitful // Greater Spell Focus: Evocation
Lvl 14: Sorcerer
Lvl 15: Sorcerer - Shatter Defenses // Conjuration
Lvl 16: Sorcerer
Lvl 17: Sorcerer - Elemental Focus: Electricity
Lvl 18: Sorcerer
Lvl 19: Alchemist - Greater Elemental Focus: Electricity
Lvl 20: Alchemist - Cognatogen

Spells by level in order of importance:
Lvl1: Grease, True Strike, Mage Armor, Enlarge Person, Reduce Person, Magic Missile*
Lvl2: Glitterdust, Mirror Image, Scorching Ray, Sense Vitals, Burning Arc, Invisibility*
Lvl3: Stinking Cloud, Haste, Displacement, Resist energy(Communal), Heroism**, Dispel Magic*
Lvl4: Animate Dead, Greater Invisibility, Acid Pit, Protection from Energy(Communal), Enervation**, Dimension Door*
Lvl5: Cloudkill, Angelic Aspect, Acidic Spray, Echolocation, Break Enchantment*
Lvl6: Chain Lightning, Heroism(Greater), Chains of Light
Lvl7: Legendary Proportions, Waves of Exhaustion, Firebrand
Lvl8: Stormbolts, Seamantle**, Frightful Aspect
Lvl9: Foresight
*free spells from bloodline
**new arcana spells

Alchemist Spells: True Strike, Shield

Spell Specialization: lvl3-8 Magic Missile, 9-10 Scorching Ray, 11 Acid Pit, 12-15 Chain Lightning, 16+ Stormbolts.

Spells to be heightened(all levels): Stinking Cloud, Grease, Chain lighting(to 7). Scorching Ray(to 3), Chains of Light, Stormbolts.

Gear: Air Robes(or +2 RTA robes or Censor’s robes), Ring of circumstances, Profane staff from varnhold, +Stat Gear, Castigator Cloak, +AC gear, Loads of rods, including masterpiece one. Bokken masterpiece.

Good enough arsenal with different elements and good DC’s across the board. Loads of control spells. Summoning we don’t really need: Animate Dead is as awesome as it gets anyways.

Has Dazzling so he has something to do when so spells are used. Always nice to keep your caster occupied and it sure beats poking things with cantrips. Sense vitals don’t last forever and in a grand scheme of things are meaningless for you, unless you decide to unload your scorching rays,

Has a decent plan to survive late-game as his buffed AC is pretty respectable, It’s a bit of excessive safety, but it’s better to have them than not. Generally, improved invis and mirror images should be enough.

Stinking Clouds and Animate Dead are the name of a game. Everything else is just there for conviniency. Acid pits to well against undead, Stormolts delete ghosts nicely, especially with masterpiece rod. Enervation is cool if you want to drain something to death that is unkillable otherwise. Or greatly ease up a process of doing so.

Needs someone to cast delay poison on party so they could derp around in Stinking Cloud and Cloudkill.

Conjuration DC is 41 with all things combined. Stormbolts DC should be 40/41.
Landsey: Hello!

You wrote that sage would make a much better necromancer(or conjurer) in your "sage with cha" post. I think i have a pretty good idea how you would build this, but i'm still super curious how you would! I assume it would be with an elf with the +dex , +int and DC modifiers, with both conjuration and necromancy focus, but greater focus on necromancy.

So i guess i'm asking you to make as strong sage as possible, but it's fine if you just tell me which major pitfalls to avoid(if there is any)

Edit: The spells i liked most on BG2 was finger of death and the death ring(dont remember the name), so that's mostly why i'm very curious about a sage necromancer. It was just cool hehe. Also, i picked up somewhere that conjuration can be very strong in the first part of the game, so that made me even more curious :)

Edit2: Not sure if relevant, but i'm gonna play on challenging.
A more interesting question to ponder might be if it´s worth focusing on necromancy.
andvaare: A more interesting question to ponder might be if it´s worth focusing on necromancy.
Not much of a question. The answer would be "no". Two best necro spells don't require DC's at all(being Animate Dead and Waves of Exhaustion). And duration Spells are the name of a game when it comes to control spells(well, damage spells are too, but that's more to druids/clerics/kineticits, not sorcs)
Meanwhile, conjuration has all the best control spells for every occasion. And can target whatever save you like. Pits for reflex, Clouds for fort and chains of light for will.
Oh, and necro also can do jack all vs undead.