Can someone post a minimal set of patches and the order in which to install them? Per game? This stuff is pretty confusing.
See here:: http://ge.tt/3jQkwGx2
System requirements and software (ver. 1.7)
— WindowsXP SP3 and upper;
— DirectX 9C with final updates and upper;
— 32-bit display.
"GOTHIC1: Classic" — Gothic Patch 1.08k(Only for Steam), Gothic1_PlayerKit-1.08k.exe, Gothic1_PlayerKit-2.8.exe
"GOTHIC2: Classic" — Report ver. 1.30 (fix)
"GOTHIC2: The Night Of The Raven" — Report ver. 18.104.22.168-rev2 (fix), Gothic2_PlayerKit-2.8.exe
In case of "GOTHIC1", SystemPack supports:
— Both sources that come with PlayerKit: Gothic.exe and GothicMod.exe, versions – 22.214.171.124(1.08k);
— Original (not modificated) source Gothic.exe, ver. (1.08k), that will be renamed from Gothic_backup.exe to Gothic_snowball.exe during SystemPack installation (only for Russian version "GOTHIC1" by 1C/Snowball Interactive);
— GothicMod.exe patched with the GothicFps-108 fix by NicoDE.
— Install and start all applications with admin rights;
— If possible, install the Pack on “clear” version of the game (without other mods or patches installed on it);
— If there was other version of "SystemPack", remove it with deinstallator.
— Delete all packs/patches and other fixes (if were installed), which were to fix bugs that are fixed by this System Pack. We do not guarantee proper work – the Compatibility has not been tested.
— Update your audio and video drivers to latest version.
Installation guide, version 1.7:
For "GOTHIC1: Classic"
1. Install game "GOTHIC1"
2. Install gothic1_playerkit-1.08k.exe, gothic1_playerkit-2.8.exe
3. Install G1Classic-SystemPack-1.7.exe
For "GOTHIC2: Classic"
1. Install game "GOTHIC2"
2. Install gothic2_fix-126.96.36.199.exe
3. Install G2Classic-SystemPack-1.7.exe
For "GOTHIC2: Night of The Raven"
1. Install game "GOTHIC2"
2. Install addon "GOTHIC2: The Night Of The Raven"
3. Install gothic2_fix-188.8.131.52-rev2.exe
4. Install gothic2_playerkit-2.6f.exe or gothic2_playerkit-2.8.exe
5. Install G2NoTR-SystemPack-1.7.exe or G2Returning-SystemPack-1.7.exe* or G2Odyssey-SystemPack-1.7.exe**
* - only 'The Returning-2.0'.
** - depending on addon that you choose.
Installation guide, version 1.7 (Steam / GOG ):
For "GOTHIC1: Classic":
1. Install "GOTHIC1: Classic".
2. Install gothic1-1.08k-patch.exe
3. Install gothic1_playerkit-1.08k.exe, gothic1_playerkit-2.8.exe
4. Install G1Classic-SystemPack-1.7.exe
For "GOTHIC2: Gold Edition":
1. Install "GOTHIC2: Gold Edition"
2. Install gothic2_fix-184.108.40.206-rev2.exe
3. Install gothic2_playerkit-2.6f.exe or gothic2_playerkit-2.8.exe
4. Install G2NoTR-SystemPack-1.7.exe
1. install and run everything with admin rights.
2. game installation directory: "X:\Games\Gothic I" or "X:\Games\Gothic II", for example..
where X is your hard drive.
3. You can not install the game in the directory by default:: "C:\Program Files" or "C:\Program Files (x86)". If your OS is above WinXP.
In the meanwhile we have finished Gothic 1 & 2, which had a couple nasty bugs remaining.
Gothic 3 unfortunately ran so horribly bad on Linux through WINE that it's unplayable.