I think this should be mentioned by now Gothic System Pack
It features many fixes for the Gothic 1&2 in one package. It is compatible with the GoG version (at least G2, as I test it with it) and it works pretty well. Especially the higher draw distance do look really nice :)
I will just copy'n'paste the feature list and install instructions here ;)
• Package Adaptation for work with WinXP, WinVista, Win7, Win8, WinBlue;
• Package Adaptation for support of "GOTHIC1", "GOTHIC2: Classic", "GOTHIC2: The Night Of The Raven" considering all changes and corrections;
• Automatic dynamic memory and system files patching for all versions of supported games;
• Surround sound system integration - X3DAudio - for all versions of supported games;
• The package uses own *.INI file with partially modifying internal options for all versions of supported games.
• High resolution support;
• Adjusted FOV Hor+;
• Increased world, NPC, portals render distance;
• Balanced correspondence of map sides;
• Ability to shut off LOD;
• Fixed bug with disappearing objects/models when turned on tesselation.
• Increased min texture cache threshold;
• Disabled odd stream for resource manager;
• Disabled cache unloading when minimizing the game;
• Modified low FPS and showing window frame in full-screen mode on Windows 8 and 8.1.
• Modified scaling duplication in video playback;
• Disabled limitation video file resolution.
• Surround audio support on base of X3DAudio/XAudio2.
Virtual file system:
• Highly increased game start and load speed.
• Fixed problem of game start on Windows 7 over rundll32.exe;
• Fixed problem of game start over Logitech SetPoint driver;
• Fixed problem of camera hitch and disappearing textures on NVIDIA cards;
• Disabled FPS limitation;
• Repaired options of F8 key in test-mode MARVIN;
• Game starts in 32-bit color range;
• Added ability to set key auto-repeat speed;
• Repaired disability to activate the plug in the Temple of Sleeper;
• Added ability to change game Splash-screen (loading screen);
• Partially modified key bindings;
• Increased max polygons in models;
• Added set model spin speed;
Installation guide, version 1.0:
For "GOTHIC1: Classic"
1. Install game "GOTHIC1"
2. Install Gothic1_PlayerKit-1.08k.exe
3. Install G1Classic-SystemPack-1.0.exe
For "GOTHIC2: Classic"
1. Install game "GOTHIC2"
2. Install Gothic2_fix-220.127.116.11.exe
3. Install G2Classic-SystemPack-1.0.exe
For "GOTHIC2: Night of The Raven"
1. Install game "GOTHIC2"
2. Install addon "GOTHIC2: The Night Of The Raven"
3. Install Gothic2_fix-18.104.22.168-rev2.exe
4. Install Gothic2_PlayerKit-2.6f.exe
5. Install G2NoTR-SystemPack-1.0.exe or G2Returning-SystemPack-1.0.exe or G2Odyssey-SystemPack-1.0.exe *
- depending on addon that you choose.
For more information please see the above link ;) :)
Have fun :)
If I have the gog version of Gothic 2 which has Night of the Raven included do I just install the Night of the Raven fixes/mods or do I need to install Night of the Raven AND Gothic 2 Classic fixes/mods?