It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Welcome to GOG GALAXY 2.0 closed beta forum thread! If you’re here, it probably means you’re already part of the beta or are waiting for your access – please be patient as we’re sending invites on a first come first served basis. And if you’re not signed up yet, you can still do it here.
We’re starting this thread to have a place to discuss with you your ideas and feedback about GOG GALAXY 2.0 – tell us what you like or dislike about the app, what features we are missing, which platform integrations you’d like to see, and share any other feedback regarding the app. Also, drop your questions about GOG GALAXY 2.0 and we’ll try to answer them if we can :)
We’ve been testing GOG GALAXY 2.0 for some time already in our internal and alpha tests and gathered feedback, so some of the topics you want to discuss might already be addressed by us – please check the list of known issues that we’re aware of and we’re working on.
Let’s talk!
Post edited June 24, 2019 by chandra
ChronicJuiceboxx: When am I going to be able to play the games that I bought from GOG through the client? None of my purchased games show up as playable:

https://mantis2.gog.com/view.php?id=34343

I've been waiting for months now for this issue to be fixed along with other users who have had the same issue and reported it. You've had several updates and forced an update to 2.0 without fixing this major issue. It's a bit irritating to say the least.
powergod: I didn't found references on mantis if you installed it in the default folder (Program Files) or a custom one.

Also, try to check if you have the Galaxy folder inside this path "%appdata%\..\local\VirtualStore"
I installed GOG galaxy to a custom folder due to storage. I have a separate drive that I install clients and games on. Also, I did not see a Galaxy folder under the "%appdata%\..\local\VirtualStore"

EDIT: I don't see why it would matter where the client is installed; however, for kicks and giggles, I uninstalled and reinstalled the client in the default program files directory on my system drive, but as expected, nothing changed. There is a folder in the Local app data folder for GOG.com but it is in the Local directory with settings and such, but not he VirtualStore folder.
Post edited May 08, 2020 by ChronicJuiceboxx
Seems like it's not the case, but I'll explain why I asked.

When a program is installed in "Program Files", Windows acts in a "protective" way somehow like this:
- if the program is lauched "with administrative privileges" (using the menu option), then it is started with write permission in its own installation folder;
- if the program is launched normally (indipendently from the fact that the user is or not an administrator), it has no permission to write to it's own installation folder, so, a copy of the folder is created in the user appdata (the VirtualStore), and this user-folder will contains only changed/new files.

Why is that ?
Because "Program Files" is a folder that all the users can see, so if one of then does bad stuff with a program in it, all the other users will suffer... but to prevent this, could have been too much restrictive to give write/install permissions only to administrator users... so an half-way was implemented... a user without all the rights can actually change things in "Program Files", but only that user will have those modifications... (the files in VirtualStore have priority over the ones in Program Files)

That means, that if someone, maybe just for trying, launch the same program once normally (and maybe at the first start it creates something in VirtualStore), then launched again "with administration rights", and maybe starts an update that actually changes files in "Program Files"...
...and then again is launched normally, it will start with half the files from the previous version (because is reading them from VirtualStore) and half file updated in "Program Files"...

Most of the time this results in a real mess, because even installing/uninstalling leaves VirtualStore UNTOUCHED, unless one goes there to delete that folder manually.

The simplest way to evade ALL the issues above, is just to NOT install in "Program Files", but instead in a user create folder...
For example a "c:\games\" folder is good.
Post edited May 08, 2020 by powergod
So last week 2.0 "stole" one of my games for a while. Today to make amends, added 30+ unknown games to the shelf.
Seems to be mostly various dlc or extras, wich vanished slowly when each entry is selected.
Way to go.
Just updated to new Open Beta. And now ALL my games are gone. Now it says I have 0 owned (purchased) games but in Order History I see all my games. In store I can see games tagged as purchased too. I have already sent a report but couldn't access to it in order to check the status. Maybe you guys could help me? How to restore all my games? I want to buy some more games but I am afraid of the impossibility to play it.
Just got an email that one should check the Galaxy version and update manually if version is not 2.0.15
It is 2.0.14.254 so i looked for the installer. -> i am not even allowed to post the link here. well ... your galaxy page. That long scrolling fullscreen 'pages'.
So much nice advertising. So much useless page design. So little clarity and overview.
I just can't see any download link at all.

So either point me to the link please or consider including a link to the installer.
Also please consider reworking that page design. It is really awful while the rest of the gog page shows that you are well able to do classic usable interface design.

edit: well, your software is not that bad, it just offered an update in the client which worked.
Still it would be useful for us users - and obviously for you - if one could find the download link ;)
Why not right next to the 'discover GOG Galaxy' Button on the bottom of the page? Sometimes the easy solution is still a good one.
Post edited May 09, 2020 by Bigeagly
DigitalForce88: Just updated to new Open Beta. And now ALL my games are gone. Now it says I have 0 owned (purchased) games but in Order History I see all my games. In store I can see games tagged as purchased too. I have already sent a report but couldn't access to it in order to check the status. Maybe you guys could help me? How to restore all my games? I want to buy some more games but I am afraid of the impossibility to play it.
From what I've read on the forums here, multiple people have been reporting this issue (both on forums and to support) since before they forced the beta on everyone when it's obviously not ready. They haven't fixed it because of course they haven't, that would make sense.

No idea why they think this mess is ready for launch, but it's pretty obvious to everyone else that it's almost as far from ready as Steam's new library is (and that includes a medical issue the client is causing which has been known about by Valve since at least 6 months ago).
high rated
I had to revert to v 1.2.
It did everything it was supposed to do, some of these thing with brilliance, and ot top of that had some nice to have features. I had only a very few, nit-picking feature requests for it. All together from my perspective (i.e. relative to my needs and preferences) 110% performance.

Apart from a somewhat nicer look (which is 100% irreleveant to me) v2 introduced only new _NOT_ nice to have features (all the friends things - I really don´t need them, in fact, I don´t want them), removed (or hid) a great deal of the features I liked (most notably the forum), and broke the core functions - I could no longer download games, and when I tried my PC would become so slow it couldn´t even restart on its own.

How could this go so wrong????

Plaese, GoG, don't ever again force me to replace software that works with software that doesn´t!
Bigeagly: So much nice advertising. So much useless page design. So little clarity and overview.
I find this comment quite confusing. There is a big purple button labeled "DOWNLOAD GOG GALAXY 2.0" at the top of the page, directly beneath the title illustration - like in the attached screenshot.
Attachments:
galaxy.jpg (141 Kb)
Post edited May 10, 2020 by MattHornet
Bigeagly: So much nice advertising. So much useless page design. So little clarity and overview.
MattHornet: I find this comment quite confusing. There is a big purple button labeled "DOWNLOAD GOG GALAXY 2.0" at the top of the page, directly beneath the title illustration - like in the attached screenshot.
i think he means a "download latest update" link.

---------edit

i mean if you hit that link and use the installer downloaded it will just tell you that you have galaxy 2.0 and then do nothing.
Post edited May 10, 2020 by yowshi
MattHornet: I find this comment quite confusing. There is a big purple button labeled "DOWNLOAD GOG GALAXY 2.0" at the top of the page, directly beneath the title illustration - like in the attached screenshot.
Confusing it is indeed.
Have a look at how it looks like for me. I zoomed out and there is no button in sight.
Feels quite a bit awkward to know that at least some people get that button but not me :/

I looked at the html source and the link is there, just made invisible via 'display:none'
but why?
Maybe some overaggressive method to just show download links for the system the user seems to use?

Then my request would be to show all download links by default and only hide them if you are sure that the user should not see them at all.
Well, i can't imagine why one would want to hide the product one tries to offer at all. Legal reasons aside. Germany is not on some no-export list, isn't it?
Attachments:
Post edited May 10, 2020 by Bigeagly
I updated from 1.2 to 2.0 (the latest build) a couple of days ago. Today I launched the client to download the game, and after the download was completed, I accidentally noticed that GOG Galaxy uses more than 650 MB RAM (all GOG Galaxy processes in total).

I mean, I understand that 650-700 MB is not such a large amount of RAM nowadays, but I think it's still too much for the client in idle mode.

Are you going to pay attention to optimization in future updates?
OHMYGODJCABOMB: I updated from 1.2 to 2.0 (the latest build) a couple of days ago. Today I launched the client to download the game, and after the download was completed, I accidentally noticed that GOG Galaxy uses more than 650 MB RAM (all GOG Galaxy processes in total).

I mean, I understand that 650-700 MB is not such a large amount of RAM nowadays, but I think it's still too much for the client in idle mode.

Are you going to pay attention to optimization in future updates?
that would be 5% of my ram, which considering all the other things using ram on my system is actually a solid chunk. the largest chunks, often 3 to 5 gigs worth, tend to go to my browser followed by whatever game i am playing which also tends to use 3 to 5 gigs. half a gig of ram is not an acceptable amount of ram for a launcher in idle mode.
yowshi: snip
When I restarted the client, the amount of RAM used by it was about 250 MB, which is more or less acceptable (the lastest version of Steam client uses almost the same amount of RAM in idle mode).

It looks like GOG Galaxy increased memory usage while downloading the game, but didn't release RAM after the download was complete. As far as I know, it's called a memory leak.

Damn, I wish I could rollback to 1.2 until GOG releases a more stable version.
OHMYGODJCABOMB: Damn, I wish I could rollback to 1.2 until GOG releases a more stable version.
https://www.gog.com/forum/general_beta_gog_galaxy_2.0/how_to_keep_galaxy_v12_client_and_avoid_the_forced_v20_beta_update

It's working for a lot of people.
It was a bit of a pain to uninstall 2.0 and re-install 1.2, but it was totally worth it!