It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Planeshaper: Hmm. I was silent for 3 reasons. I A) haven't been checking this post as regularly as I probably should, B) was waiting for some more information to surface, and C) was off seeing the Avengers. :P

However, I have reached a new vote. Gazoinks seemed fairly quick to say 'I'm town!' and, while I appreciate that he posted a list of activity and his views on the situation, if he's in the mafia, he could have used that to hide them behind his opinions.

Therefore, Unvote Nolynch Vote Gazoink
Actually, (I may be wrong as I'm using my memory here) I believe I only claimed town after n0x0ss asked me during his plan reveal thingy. Although it's entirely possible for someone to post reads as a way of spreading misinformation, I can assure you that's not my intent. If I was mafia, wouldn't i try harder to protect my buddies and point suspicions somewhere else instead of reading neutral on almost everyone?

For appearing out of nowhere with an accusation, FOS Planeshaper.
you also claimed town in your list of opinions.

Also, why would you bother? you could attempt to protect your allies, while building up a convincing case that you're innocent, and only vote when you need to. and besides, you'd get to kill whoever is most likely to vote against you at night. sure, you could speed night along, but that could end badly for you. the mafia should be content to wait, because they have the advantage of secrecy.

...I reeeaaally hope I didn't just give some mafia person a new strategy. oh well, at the very least everybody will know what it is.

lastly, pardon my lack of knowledge in this respect, but what does FOS mean?
Well, on the very first message of the thread you posted, wich is also the 1st message from non-Op, you do seem to want to make it clear that you're town, don't you ? Subtle, and to the point.

But still... I'm not saying you'r scum... just pointing out at facts

I just find it weird that at this point, when there indeed must be 3 suspects in the eyes of rational players "Myself, nmillar, and Viker (is this the name ?) "
and to some extent PlaneShaper, there are still people here who vote for yet other participants... It's like a competition for the most original vote....
Planeshaper: Lastly, pardon my lack of knowledge in this respect, but what does FOS mean?
Finger of suspicion, I believe.
Ah, that would make sense. (Finger of suspicion)

Also, the main reason I hadn't voted yet is because I don't want to start firing off votes randomly. I'd rather have at least some evidence before I pass judgement upon someone. However, due to the nature of this game, I can't really trust the opinions of others (which will make it hard to come to an agreement) so I feel that I must make my own opinion. I've read the conversation up until this point, and nobody has stuck out as particularly suspicious to me up until this point except for Gazoinks.
Although, this is my first forum mafia, so I may be overlooking some details. I'm going to reread the convesation later.
Planeshaper: you also claimed town in your list of opinions.

Also, why would you bother? you could attempt to protect your allies, while building up a convincing case that you're innocent, and only vote when you need to. and besides, you'd get to kill whoever is most likely to vote against you at night. sure, you could speed night along, but that could end badly for you. the mafia should be content to wait, because they have the advantage of secrecy.

...I reeeaaally hope I didn't just give some mafia person a new strategy. oh well, at the very least everybody will know what it is.

lastly, pardon my lack of knowledge in this respect, but what does FOS mean?
Well of course I claimed town in my reads list (which was after already confirming it from n0x0ss), wouldn't it be more suspicious if I failed to mention myself at all?

I feel like you're falling into a trap (or doing it on purpose) of assuming that any helpful action is scummy because it's attempting to divert attention from themselves. This is honestly rather weak and you have nothing to back it up with (even n0x0ss has a stronger case, and you know how I feel about that :P). Also, if I was mafia why would I vote nolynch? There was no one being threatened by immediate lynching, so you can't use the excuse that it was to protect a scummate.

To be honest I am finding you extremely suspicious. You haven't posted in days and when you do, instead of entering the discussion and just talking with everyone you immediately poke at me under extremely flimsy pretenses. I'm afraid I'm going to have to upgrade that FOS. unvote noylnch, vote Planeshaper.

@n0x0ss: I had forgotten about that, actually. I appreciate you not trying to find some silly underlying meaning in that though, it was simply a case of the thread being open for an hour or two and my figuring that the sooner someone posted the sooner we could get going.

(And fyi. FOS stands for Finger of Suspicion. It's basically a step up from saying, "I'm suspicious of you", but a step down from voting.)
I'm not assuming that every opinion is scummy, I just prefer not to rely solely upon the opinions of others who I may or may not be able to trust. While, yes, I probably could use more evidence to back up this accusation, I do kind of want to get the game moving a little bit.

However, posting something like that tally as well as claiming town multiple times seems like it could be a reasonably subtle ploy to divert attention away from your allies. (and diverting it to yourself, possibly unintentionally)
If my theory is correct, I will have no means of knowing who the remaining mafia members are, but even if I'm wrong and we lynch a townie, at the very least we will have another murder to base suspicions off of.
A question to the GOG Mafia veterans. What is the best manner, and when is the best time, to use the No Lynch option? I've never played a game where it was an option.
Planeshaper: I'm not assuming that every opinion is scummy, I just prefer not to rely solely upon the opinions of others who I may or may not be able to trust. While, yes, I probably could use more evidence to back up this accusation, I do kind of want to get the game moving a little bit.

However, posting something like that tally as well as claiming town multiple times seems like it could be a reasonably subtle ploy to divert attention away from your allies. (and diverting it to yourself, possibly unintentionally)
If my theory is correct, I will have no means of knowing who the remaining mafia members are, but even if I'm wrong and we lynch a townie, at the very least we will have another murder to base suspicions off of.
That's the thing though, you don't have a theory you have vague accusations. I wouldn't have been as surprised by your play if, instead of immediately voting you just said you were suspicious of me. I still would've been suspicious of you, obviously, because it's extremely flimsy grounding, but it was the vote (and the subsequent failure to provide any real backing to your case besides, "He gave opinions on things and said he was town at appropriate times" i.e. what everyone does) that really has made me fairly convinced that you're scum. In addition, that last part seems like a way of casting doubt from yourself by saying, "Hey, I may screw up but it's all okay because we'll have some information!" Now, I understand that sometimes a mislynch is necessary, but packaged with the rest of your accusations, plus the fact that you chose to accuse me instead of working on a more obvious target, leaves a pretty terrible taste in my mouth.

I would, however, like to hear others' thoughts on this situation. Does anyone else feel the same as Planeshaper?
Just two things:

- There is no limit on the number of times you can change your votes. You can do so as much as you like, but remember that once the number of votes for a player/nolynch hits the lynch threshold (currently 7 votes), that person gets lynched and the game goes into night, and no further voting or unvoting can prevent or change that.

- If the game starts dragging, you can be sure I will set a deadline. But the game of mafia isn't a very quick one even at the best of times, particularly in the early stages, so we're not quite there yet.
It's practically impossible to get a lynch ...
Considering there are indeed 3 mafia members :
It means that there are 9 townies,
So I have 6/8 people to convince if we need to lynch somebody (We need 7 votes to lynch somebody)
Now considering that the person we want to lynch is not a mafia, we'll have a better chance of lynching said person since the mafia will join us in the lynching process logically... meaning I'll have 6/10 people to "convince"..

I don't know about you but without any advantages for the townies, mafia seems to have a pretty great advantage...
I believe it's practically impossible to win :S... no matter what.

So let's lynch at random, and hope we've chosen a mafia ... or let them kill us one by one ?...
N0x0ss: ...
Secondly, gameon wants only one thing... to get the game moving.
This is why he voted nolynch when I proposed it'd be good to let the game move instead of stagnate. This is also why he voted agains nmillar when i told him i'd help the game move along if everybody votes against nmillar.

Now I think we all have a fear that this thread's gonna turn out to be like the mafia #11.
His only mistake is to push the game to go on... for god sake,even his username is game on, isn't it clear enough he just wants the game to go on ?

Unless you have stronger arguments, please proceed to useful voting.
Sorry if I'm rude, but it's obvious he doesn't really know what to do and is desperate to get the game moving.
Why are YOU defending him so much? He should do this himself.

N0x0ss: Well... I've figured out that You and gameon are townies because you agreed to vote nolynch. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you are a townie, aren't you ?
Well now, i'm sure about it.
Be careful with this. You can't declare people town because they agreed with you on 1 thing. They can have their own agenda why they did it or they could just try to appear town.

N0x0ss: Now if you truly believe I'm a scum, then please tell me, what would I benefit from, raising suspicion towards be by attacking harshly an-"up till know in the shadow guy"
when I could've just waited for the last nolynch vote to move on to night and kill ?
So scum would want to no lynch to happen? I thought people wanting no lynch are townies?

Gazoinks: EARLY GAME READS:
Why did you left out matti, Violator and ayilen?

GameRager: (I DO know, however, that constantly going from one bandwagon/high votecount to another is only going to keep us on a fast track to nowhereville....especially seeing as how most GOG mafia game OPs don't seem inclined to set deadlines if the games go into absurdly long "days". Will that happen here? It might. I hope it doesn't though.)
Not necessarily true. Moving over several wagons can tell us a lot about people and could help us catch scum.

N0x0ss: I was just thinking about committing suicide ... is it allowed ?
Can I kill myself ? I just have to reveal the content of the post sent to me by the OP ?

Would the game continue if so ?
Well we have no rule against it here but established mafia communities often even ban for such things. I heavily discourage you from doing so. It's considered as unsportsmanship and it only helps to break the game.

boct1584: A question to the GOG Mafia veterans. What is the best manner, and when is the best time, to use the No Lynch option? I've never played a game where it was an option.
N0x0ss: Optional lynch variant
The Innocents can choose not to kill anybody during the day. Although commonly unsure of Mafia identities, the Innocents are more likely to randomly kill a mafioso than are the Mafia (at night). Therefore, not lynching anyone (even at random) will typically favor the Mafia.
However, when the number of survivors is even, "No Kill" may help the Innocents; for example, when three Innocents and one mafioso remain, "No kill" gives a 1/3 chance of killing the mafioso the next day, rather than a 1/4 chance today (assuming random lynching). Lynching an innocent either day gives a Mafia win.[67]
[edit]
(wikipedia)
And some people, like Aylien, aren't even participating... so what's the point in continuing the game, if they're gonna post every 3 days ?
Another desription of No Lynch, this time from mafiascum.net.

As you can see, none of them recommends no lynch as day 1 solution. No lynch is usually used in situation where lynch could mean the end of game and town want scum to kill someone to reduce poll of possible suspect or to gain a night of investigations. Or in some similar ways. If you check game 1 we nolynched there as we had no idea what to do and it didn't help us at all. We only used it here few times and it never helped anything.

N0x0ss: It's practically impossible to get a lynch ...

Considering there are indeed 3 mafia members :
It means that there are 9 townies,
So I have 6/8 people to convince if we need to lynch somebody (We need 7 votes to lynch somebody)
Now considering that the person we want to lynch is not a mafia, we'll have a better chance of lynching said person since the mafia will join us in the lynching process logically... meaning I'll have 6/10 people to "convince"..

I don't know about you but without any advantages for the townies, mafia seems to have a pretty great advantage...
I believe it's practically impossible to win :S... no matter what.

So let's lynch at random, and hope we've chosen a mafia ... or let them kill us one by one ?...
And yet it happened thousand times in many mafia games across whole internet.
And you almost managed to get enough votes for nolynch, why shouldn't it be possible to gain enough people for lynch?
I know you looked at game 11 when preparing for this and there was nolynch on day 1 but it was the first game since game 1 when it happened, so it is not uncommon for us to reach coonsensus. Look at Game 10, that was game where wagons were proceeding nicely.

Also, you seem to have the impression that this game is dragging on but in my eyes it is quite standard speed, amybe ven one of the better ones, and there is quite a lot discussion going on. A lot of people managed to get some reads, they already have their arch-nemesis and so on. Bear in mind that day 1 is usually the longest one and next days get a lot shorter in most instances.

I read your case against nmillar and while it may have some point, most of it boils down to usual nmillar's play. The part I dislike most about nmillar is his declared rejection of using people metas while he doesn't hesistant to use his own when it fits his needs.

And last but it is the most improtant part of this post: N0x0ss, it's VITEK!!!! ;-)
(Well technically it's VÍTEK but whatever. :-))
You even copy it correctly from other people's posts and then still manage to twist it in next sentence. :-p
N0x0ss: Now if you truly believe I'm a scum, then please tell me, what would I benefit from, raising suspicion towards be by attacking harshly an-"up till know in the shadow guy"
when I could've just waited for the last nolynch vote to move on to night and kill ?
So scum would want to no lynch to happen? I thought people wanting no lynch are townies?

yes about this, while a mafia would prefer to lynch on the first day, he still prefers, I believe no lynch to raising suspicion on themselves.
It's a clear choice, why reopen a debate if you're a vote away from doing a night kill.

I took a risk of looking suspicious like a scum, but if I were a scum, never would I have taken the risk, that's what I meant.

As for what you said about gameon and Gazoinks, you're entirely right, but at this point in the game, since we can't have clear clues, anything can be doubted. Nothing can be certain at 100%, so I choose to make an assumption and work on it, otherwise, I would never progress, will I ?
if it's a mistake, then it's a mistake i'm willing to make, not because i strongly believe in their innocence, but because it's the most meaningfull move I can make right now whith what I have. If I start doubting everything, than we'll never take a decision, will we ?
Gazoinks: EARLY GAME READS:
Vitek: Why did you left out matti, Violator and ayilen?
Oh, woops. I was scanning the posts and I must've accidentally skipped over them without realizing it, I had a feeling I was forgetting something. Sadly, I'm going to be away for most of the day, but when I come back I'll fill out the last three reads.

Hope nothing important happens without me! :)
IronStar:
Here, have a prod.
ViolatorX:
And you too.
Post edited May 25, 2012 by bazilisek