It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Full list:

http://www.gog.com/en/forum/general/games_finished_in_2012_1/post89

13. Gorky 17 (1999) (PC, 5.8.2012, 7/10)

This happens to be my first GOG game ever that I've actually finished (excluding some games I may have finished years ago as retail versions, but later re-bought from GOG). I have the retail version of this game too (called Odium), but I've never even installed it.

Overall it was better than I expected, but still quite a mediocre experience. Not specially good or bad, but ok.

Story was so-so and completely forgettable. Some have complained the game is hard as nails, but I don't feel that way. As long as you keep an eye for all the chests containing health, ammo and new exciting weapons so that you don't run out of them, and play smart, for the most part it is actually quite easy. I don't recall getting completely stumped at any point, not even close.

In-game music seems to get better towards the end of the game. I liked the background music quite much in e.g. the City.

Some more things:

- Very linear game, not much replay value. Not a very long game either, maybe a week for a normal gamer and a couple of days for a powergamer. I felt the length of the game was pretty ok for this kind of game.

- The adventuring part between battles is very simplistic (in most cases the game automatically uses the puzzle item as long as you have it, etc.), but maybe that is just good for people playing the game mostly for its tactical battles. No pixel hunting luckily, the hotspots and interesting items are marked quite clearly.

- The battles are a bit too much of the rock-paper-scissors type. Many monsters have total immunities to certain things (like fire, energy weapons, stunning weapons etc.), so you just have to find out which weapon or device to use for which enemy.

- The battles are always pre-arranged, ie. both the enemies and your men are always in predetermined places at the start of a battle. This means that in many cases it is a good idea to go into battle just to check how the enemies and your men are positioned, and possibly what immunities the enemies have, if any. Then reload the game before the battle, change the weapons and items with your men accordingly so that it fits the battle the best, and go into the battle for real. This feels a bit of cheating, but then I guess in most games you become better when you know more beforehand due to several replays...

- I had no serious (game stopping) technical problems with the game, not in WinXP nor Win7, but some others don't seem to be as lucky. I faced two glitchy places in the game where the game even crashed:

When certain person is poisoned, sometimes part of the related dialogue was missing, after which the game crashed to desktop. Solution: reload the game and try again, usually it goes ok.

Then, in certain battle near the end where two monsters throw some timed ice bombs around, the game seemed to always crash after awhile, probably after certain round. But when I played that battle using software rendering instead of Direct3D, it didn't crash. After the battle I switched back to Direct3D.

Other than those two small parts, the game was silky smooth for me in Win7.

In the software rendering mode in Win7, the sound can get quite distorted, sometimes less, sometimes quite heavily. It sounds irritating, but the game is still playable I guess.

So, buyers beware: you may face some compatibility issues with this game. That's PC gaming for you, I guess.
Post edited August 06, 2012 by timppu
Fallout New Vegas: Lonesome Road: Well, that was short. That's not a point against it though. Its length allowed it to feel tight and intense, if it was longer it probably would've gotten tiresome due to the minimal character interaction.
Lootwise it was about medium quality. Not as awesome/overpowered as OWB, but still very cool. At the end I ended up with the Riot Gear armor set, the "Red Glare" rocket launcher, an Arc Welder, a cool melee weapon, the very spiffy Courier's Duster (Independent version), Ulysses' Duster, Ulysses' Mask, and some unique Campfire recipes. Plus upgrades to ED-E. I missed the Shoulder Mounted Machine Gun (they were heavy, so I didn't bother picking one up), and the Advanced and Elite Riot Gear.
Lonesome Road really excelled in the story, though. It provided an excellent and satisfying conclusion to the DLC story arc, and felt like a good conclusion to The Courier's own story (whereas the battle at Hoover Dam is more the conclusion of the world's story). I won't say more to avoid spoilers. :)
Already finished:
http://www.gog.com/en/forum/general/games_finished_in_2012_1/post566

The Blackwell Deception
The last Blackwell game available. Rosangela is doing rather well now it seems. Getting a business and everything. This is way better than the previous game(Convergence). Didn't really care for that granny antagonist. The main overall story is really starting to develop now. Will be interesting to see how it turns out. These games looking and sounding better each time. Can't wait for the next game.

Riptide GP
The first ever Android game I ever finished. Got myself Nexus 7 recently and got recommended this game. Looks as good as any console game. It is simple water racer ala Hydro Thunder. Me marking this as complete means that I finished all available tracks and the reverse tracks. Can't see myself much playing on higher difficulty level. Simply because here I would need to be able to do more boosting. Which is gained from doing tricks on the jumps. That itself is easy, I just had tons of difficulty nailing these. The controls hardly seemed to register.

Resonance
Last Wadjet game in my Wadjet surge. And probably the best. If one doesn't the Blackwell games as one that is. Few of the puzzles were evil, but the writing and the voice acting is great. As are the environments and music. Very cool twist quite in the end as well.

Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
What a dreadful game. Played the PC version. Only redeeming quality for me here is the nice looking pixelart. It amazes me that the developers would think that this iOS game is interesting enough that one could come back to this when moon changes?! Of course I would cheat on that. If I don't finish the game now I never will. Would be also interesting to know at which point did they think that having so slow animations on the dream sequency, boss battle or the actual walking would be fun? Music and story are decen't enough.

Sacred 2
Will add this here even though I didn't finish it. IE. didn't see the end credits. Was playing the PS3 version, which is not the ideal version to play. When getting to that big golemn thing on chapter 2, it was enough with the camera and controls for me. So ending there. Should have also picked up better character than that alien thing. Shame really, since I loved the first Sacred. Would like to play(and finish) this still one day, on the PC.
Finally finished Trine. You don't need a review of that.

Full List
Dead Space
Tron Evolution
Dead Space 2
Venetica
Mega Man: Network Transmission
Duke Nukem Forever
BloodRayne
Hard Reset
LIMBO
BloodRayne 2
Bob Came in Pieces
Mega Man 10
Serious Sam 3: BFE
Resident Evil (GameCube remake)
Cave Story+ (normal ending only)
Transformers: War for Cybertron
Jade Empire: Special Edition
Alan Wake (+ both DLCs - The Signal & The Writer)
American McGee's Alice
Resident Evil 5
Project I.G.I.
Bulletstorm
Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven
Kingpin: Life of Crime
Risen

------ since then

Red Faction Armageddon (very average, but lengthy with a lot of weapons and some cool Nanoforge abilities)
Scarygirl (brilliant through the first four worlds or so, but sadly becomes more about combat and spamming your most powerful moves towards the end)
Since I have way too many unbeaten games from the last 15 years I decided it's time to start knocking some out.

So far:

Mass Effect 2 - So easy to lose interest in this game's plot.

Ys the Oath in Felghana - Some of these bosses are psychotic. Beat it on normal.

Phantasy Star Online v2 (DC) - Yes, that. This game is terrible without a group.

I'm going to try and power through two more games I've never beaten then reward myself with replaying one or two I've only ever beaten once, then one I beat every few years.
1. Assassin's Creed II + Both DLC Sequences- Xbox 360; 1/4/2012 9/10
2. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood: The DaVinci Disappearance- PS3; 1/5/2012 9.5/10
3. Assassin's Creed Revelations- PS3; 1/11/2012 9/10
4. Mario Kart 7- 3DS; 1/13/2012 8/10
5. Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racoonus (Platinum Trophied)- PS3; 1/18/2012 9/10
6. Uncharted II- PS3; 1/29/2012 8/10
7. Super Mario Bros.- 3DS; 2/15/2012 6/10
8. Banjo-Kazooie- N64; 2/20/2012 8.5/10
9. Jak & Daxter- PS3; 2/24/2012 100% Completion 3/4/2012 9.5/10
10. Jak II- PS3; 2/28/2012 7/10
11. Jak III- PS3; 3/7/2012 7.5/10
12. Super Mario 3D Land (Luigi).- 3DS; 3/12/2012 9/10
13. Tales of Symphonia- Gamecube; 3/28/2012 9.5/10
14. DLC Quest- Xbox 360; 4/1/2012 8/10
15. EA Sports MMA (Career Mode)- Xbox 360; 4/20/2012 8/10
16. Knytt Stories- PC; 5/11/2012 8/10
17. Prototype II- 360; 5/16/2012 7.5/10
18. Beyond Good and Evil HD- 360; 6/9/2012 7/10
19. Banjo-Kazooie (100% Completion)- 360; 6/22/2012 8.75/10
20. Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core- PSP; 6/29/2012 9/10
21. Sunset Riders- SNES; 7/6/2012 9/10
22. Saturday Night Slam Masters- SNES; 7/6/2012 6.5/10
23. Sunset Riders- SNES; 7/9/2012 9/10
24. Brutal Legend- PS3; 7/24/2012 7/10
25. Godfather II- Xbox 360; 8/9/2012 7/10: This game... it was extraordinarily hard to give an end game rating. I did enjoy it, but at the same time it is pretty easy to tell that it is not really all that good of a game. From my experiences with it, Godfather II has a lot in common with the 1st games in the Assassin's Creed & Saints Row series (A mixture of the worst parts actually). It has the repetitive mission structure of AC & the gameplay & the lack of letting you progress without doing 1,000 boring side missions of SR. To tell you the truth... I'm not even entirely sure why I liked this game at all.... I guess it is because I somehow got wrapped up in owning all of the businesses in the game (which thank god that I did as the game was progressing or I would have probably rage quit when I saw that I was going to be forced into taking them ALL over at the end of the game anyways. A move that you can tell is just them trying to artificially extend the length of the game). It should be noted that without the forced business grinding, the game would take all of 2 hours to complete... so if you are looking for a strong mission/story based game... this isn't it.
Post edited August 09, 2012 by Roberttitus
Company of Heroes+ Expansions: a great RTS- game, especially the Normandy campaign. In the other campaigns, it felt like some units were lacking: the Americans had everything, but with the Panzer and British troops, it felt like I didn't have any real machine gun, mortar or sniper troops like them. I also think the stories felt less personal than the developers wanted to. This was a bit solved in the Causeway and Tiger campaigns of Tales of Valor, though they were very short (I completed those in two hours or so)

The Longest Journey: a fantastic game, though I had to use a walkthrough far more than I'd liked. It must be my limited knowledge of Point & Click games, I hope. The game itself was very good, especially some characters. Crow was awesome!

Completed so far:

Deity
Half-Life: Blue Shift
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
The Shivah
Gemini Rue
Bastion
Half-Life 2
Limbo
Half-Life
Metro 2033
Dear Esther
Mass Effect 3
Company of Heroes
The Longest Journey
Post edited August 09, 2012 by sibberke
I finished 2 games yesterday.

First was The Witcher. It took me very long time. I started it so long ago I don't even remember when it was but quickly abandoned it because it wasn't working good on my old PC. Then I finally started to paly it again about 2 or 3 months ago but during Chapter 2 I stopped to play for some reason. I picked it up again few weeks later and got into Chapter 3 but then my graphic card started to die and I wasn't able to run it for too long without crashing so I abandoned it again. Finally I got new card so I breezed through game in few days and then it took me about week to try all Premium modules I have.
I have to say that this game is excellent. I liked the story a lot, all the choices, some of them not really apparent until later. The investigation in Chapter 2 is great and I love several endings. Although non of them can be considered good, I like it. I may even replay it sometime.
Graphics are great too, although I had some troubles.
I also liked the way alchemy works.
I dislike some things around combat (auto-sheating sword before cut-scenes and then getting massacred after the cut-scene ended, some targeting issues and sometimes I wasn't sure why I am not attacking enemy but just dancing around, some effects are too powerful) and I encountered some weird things in some dialogues and in some cut-scenes but that's it.

I think it deserves 9/10.

The other one was Star Wars - Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast. It was... I think 4th time I finsihed it. One on normal, next one, Jedi Master difficulty and next 2 time Jedi Master withou saving. Well, it should be no saving but sometimes checkpoints are so far away and there is so stupid place next to end of level that I had to resort to quicksave to keep my mind healthy and in order to make me interested in the game. I quicksaved about 3 or 4 times, throughout the whole game. Once it was on Naar Shada, because getting through all those snipers is just ridiculous, then it was in the level where you meet Shadow Troopers for the first time, there is something that killed me over and over again, but I can't recall right now what it is and going back to fight those Shadow troopers for the 10000th time would drive me mad. Last time it was
at the swamp level where there are 3 Shadow Troopers at the start and then 2 near the end and as the first 3 took me about 20 attempts to beat I wouldn't bear to return to them so many times again as those 2 in tunnels killed me at least 5 times too. These three were well spent quicksaves and I don't regret them. I think there was one more which was unnecessary but I can't recall it now.
Hardest part to get through was first level where there is long part without any save and with maany foes.
As you can see I reall like this game and like to replay it even if it frustrates me. It is bit old now, but it still mnages to entertain me.
It gets 8/10.

Full list.

Elsewhere I qwas playing a lot of Mount and Blade:Warband, HoI 2 and Football Manager 2012 and I don't think i will finish them anytime soon. :-)
Post edited August 09, 2012 by Vitek
Yakuza - Dead Souls

75 hours. Fun game, albeit pretty heavy on the grinding. >_> If you're familiar with the Yakuza series in general, you'll definitely get more out of the game. :)
Thiefer: Kingpin: Life of Crime
Oh my good giddy aunt.

Would I be able to play Kingpin on my windows 7 setup type thing ?
Ultimate Spider-Man: Total Mayhem: Nice iOS beat-em-up game. Nothing special about it, but had fun playing to the end.

2009:

Grand Theft Auto IV, C&C3: Tiberium Wars, C&C3: Kane's Wrath, Fallout 1, Fallout 3, Devil May Cry 4, Beneath A Steel Sky

Best game finished in 2009: Fallout
Worst game finished in 2009: C&C3: Kane's Wrath

2010:

Final Fantasy VII, Dead Space, Unreal, Heavy Rain, Mass Effect, Mass Effect: Bring Down the Sky, Secret of Monkey Island: SE, Jagged Alliance 2, Jagged Alliance 2: Unfinished Business, Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction, Ratchet and Clank Future: Quest for Booty, Assassin's Creed

Best game finished in 2010: Final Fantasy VII
Worst game finished in 2010: Ratchet and Clank Future: Quest for Booty

2011:

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Red Dead Redemption, Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare, The Elder Scrolls IV: Shivering Isles, Bioshock, Assassin's Creed 2 GotY, Plants vs. Zombies, Neverwinter Nights, Resistance 3, Call of Duty: World at War, Duke Nukem 3D, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Left 4 Dead (Advanced), Might and Magic III: Isles of Terra

Best game finished in 2011: Bioshock
Worst game finished in 2011: Deus Ex: Human Revolution

2012:

Batman: Arkham Asylum, Demon's Souls, Metal Gear Solid, Grand Theft Auto IV: The Lost and Damned, Grand Theft Auto IV: The Ballad of Gay Tony, Descent: Freespace - The Great War, Portal, Ultimate Spider-Man: Total Mayhem

Best game finished in 2012: Demon's Souls
Worst game finished in 2012: Grand Theft Auto IV: The Lost and Damned
Post edited August 13, 2012 by keremix
Already finished:
http://www.gog.com/en/forum/general/games_finished_in_2012_1/post566

Having a small baby has really put a dent on my gaming efforts. Which is probably just good.

Tiny Bang Story
Machinarium clone with worse pixel hunting puzzles. Other than that, charming little game.

New Star Soccer
Remember Sensible Soccer? Well this is a modern take on the game, with a somewhat complex RPG layer on top. Got this both on PC and Android. Marking this as complete since the Android version I've played, well its kind of finished. This version is of course nowhere near as deep as the PC version. Infact at first it feels like bunch of daft minigames put together. The stats and items add depth to the gameplay though. And it becomes very addicting with not having just enough money/energy for training/private life between games. My character retiring at age of 22. Winning treble with Arsenal as well as Euro cup trophy with his country(Norway!). Having all stats full and the best boots on every game + tons of NRG drinks stocked the game gets really easy. Still would couple of items(fancy houses) and Champions League as well as World Cup title missing. But after 6-7 season it starts to repeat itself. And very easy as stated. For £2 this was well worth the money. Will play more of the PC version.
Fallout: New Vegas!
Finished Ninja Blade. Certainly not a very good PC port, quite buggy and crashes make you restart the whole level all over. There's a specially annoying spot near the end of level 8 that crashes every time if you miss a QTE, and it hit me twice. Fortunately, it's the shortest level.

Otherwise, though, I thought it was good enough (stay clear if you don't like QTEs, though). Not great, but good action, totally ridiculous and over-the-top cutscenes, etc.

Games finished so far:
Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines, Darwinia, Dark Messiah of Might & Magic, Shadowgrounds, Braid, And Yet it Moves, Modern Warfare 2, Shank, Dead Space, Kane & Lynch 2, Modern Warfare 3, Rogue Trooper, Depths of Peril, Portal 1 and 2, Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 1 and 2 (PC versions), LIMBO, Diablo III, Just Cause, Project: Snowblind, Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP, Garshasp: The Monster Slayer, Ninja Blade.