It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

kalmis666: This thread seems to be dead since OP hasn't updated the first post in weeks. Anyway, here is my complete list from this year.
Roberttitus: Thats why people should just do it like I do instead of just writing a game down when they beat it.... well if they seriously are interested in keeping track of what they beat in the year that is.
Instead of printing the whole list over and over again, I like to keep my full list in one place:

http://www.gog.com/en/forum/general/games_finished_in_2012_1/post89

Then it is much easier for me to find my way to the full list, instead of browsing through several pages trying to find where my latest full list might be.

Ps. Some people don't write anything about the game they finished. While I am probably mistaken, it just gives me a feeling the whole game was "meh" for them. :) But maybe that's just me, my end-feeling messages are quite verbose. No matter if anyone else wants to read them, they are there to remind myself how I felt about certain games fresh after finishing them.

As a matter of fact, I'd normally like to hear shortly how people liked the game they finished, kinda mini-review.
Same here. I like more this topic as a "mini-review" thread than only a "I finished thousands of games this year". It is always nice to hear people's opinion about games they played.
timppu: Some people don't write anything about the game they finished. While I am probably mistaken, it just gives me a feeling the whole game was "meh" for them. :) But maybe that's just me, my end-feeling messages are quite verbose. No matter if anyone else wants to read them, they are there to remind myself how I felt about certain games fresh after finishing them.

As a matter of fact, I'd normally like to hear shortly how people liked the game they finished, kinda mini-review.
That is exactly what I do... I usually assign a score as well so that other people can see for themselves how much I enjoyed a game so that they too might see if it is worth playing. Granted... most of the time a completed game for me gets a relatively high score (7-10 *10s being super rare... actually I don't think I have ever given one*), but that is mainly due to a game I would rate lowly (*I.E. 0-4*... which there are plenty of BTW) I typically don't have the patience to finish if they are more than a couple of hours long. Still... even if others don't find any use in my mini review & score, I (much like you) find it useful in determining what I liked & didn't like in a game when looking back at a later time in the year.
Post edited April 05, 2012 by Roberttitus
I try not to continue this "off-topic" meta-discussion too long, but:

Roberttitus: Granted... most of the time a completed game for me gets a relatively high score (7-10 *10s being super rare... actually I don't think I have ever given one*), but that is mainly due to a game I would rate lowly (*I.E. 0-4*... which there are plenty of BTW) I typically don't have the patience to finish if they are more than a couple of hours long.
Good point. I was getting worried will I give all games higher than 7.5 (out of 10) scores, making the whole rating less meaningful, but then if I gave much lower scores, maybe I shouldn't have finished them at all.

Sometimes I'm a bit lost how to rate some freeware game which lasts 10-30 minutes, like Cat and the Coup and that "Parable" game. But I think I gave them quite high points for artistic values and originality, even if as games they were lacking.

For commercial games, I'll rate lack of content and longevity more harshly.
Post edited April 05, 2012 by timppu
timppu: I try not to continue this "off-topic" meta-discussion too long, but:

Roberttitus: Granted... most of the time a completed game for me gets a relatively high score (7-10 *10s being super rare... actually I don't think I have ever given one*), but that is mainly due to a game I would rate lowly (*I.E. 0-4*... which there are plenty of BTW) I typically don't have the patience to finish if they are more than a couple of hours long.
timppu: Good point. I was getting worried will I give all games higher than 7.5 (out of 10) scores, making the whole rating less meaningful, but then if I gave much lower scores, maybe I shouldn't have finished them at all.

Sometimes I'm a bit lost how to rate some freeware game which lasts 10-30 minutes, like Cat and the Coup and that "Parable" game. But I think I gave them quite high points for artistic values and originality, even if as games they were lacking.

For commercial games, I'll rate lack of content and longevity more harshly.
I had a look at the Stanley Parable too and got all 6 endings - I liked it, reminded me of a cross between Portal and what Newgrounds classifies as an 'Art Game'
Also made me think of that film 'Stanger than Fiction' for obvious reasons, especially in that one ending where a female narrator takes over
I really don't know whether to include it in my list though - hardly seems to count...
Here's a tip though - you definaely DON'T need HL2 to run it through Steam (it goes and gets the Source SDK and it runs fine with that) but Desura insists you point it to your HL2 folder so not so much with that!
My Game list:

The Spiderwick Chronicles(WII) - Well, it was bad as expected. Despite that i finished it, cause at that time i hadn´t anything else to play since my PC was broken.

Spyro the Dragon (PSX) - Played that as a young boy. I just had the urge to play it again, but i have to admit it didn´t aged very well. At least it didn´t last too long.

King´s Bounty: The Legend - Great game. It got me hooked up for about 70h of playtime although it got pretty repeating after a while. Still a great time eater.

Defense Grid: The Awakening - Already played that one on 360 but never finished it.
After finishing all Story Mode missions with gold medals i consider it as finished.Overall great game if u like TD. I still have about 80 Challenge Missions to beat for the Master Strategist achievment....

A.R.E.S. Extinction Agenda - This reminded me of the MegaMan Series. Finished it once on Normal and i didnt felt like putting much effort into this for some achievments, so it took me only about 3 hours i think. It wasn´t good but not bad at all. Maybe just not my type of game.

Shadowgrounds - Again nothing great, but still enjoyable. Had it in my backlog far too long.

Gun Girl2 - Nice little freeware platformer, had my fun with it. I found it sometimes quite challenging. Especially the last boss took me alot of tries.

Kingdom Rush - A browser based TD Game. Nice mechanics and maps. Everybody who likes TD should give it a try.

Rune: Halls of Vallhalla - Finished it already years ago and had the urge to play through it again. Still a great game. Hopefully GOG is going to release it someday. For me a true underrated gem. Maybe just for me......

Chocolate Castle - Grabbed that one with the "Humble Voxatron Debut Bundle" i think. And hell i think im goddamn stupid. It took me weeks to beat that Puzzle Game. Still enjoyable and i hadn´t to look up any solutions...

Condemned: Criminal Origins - Nice atmosphere. Short. Dark and creepy. I liked it, especially the old school level. But the ending was very disappointing, not to say plain dumb..

Penumbra: Overture - Nice puzzles, creepy atmosphere and a somewhat interesting story. Definately worth my time. Still have Black Plague and Requiem lying around and im looking forward to play them.

Burrito Bisons Revenge - Im not sure if i should even list that one. I unlocked everything in in it and i still havn´t the feeling of accomplishing anything. Nice browser game for breaks.
And again its for free!
Soulcaster: I found it to be good for killing time. Some levels were hard for me but it never got frustrating.
Post edited April 05, 2012 by OmegaX
Ok.....So far this year...

FINISHED:
PC - Batman: Arkham City - Finished the main story, side missions and Riddler's Challage
PC - Borderlands - main story campaign
PC - Dead Space 2 - Excellent and scary as well
PC - LEGO Star Wars: Complete Saga 100% completion - Fun game with lots of replayability to it, if a little easy?
PC - Call of Duty: World at War - It's Call of Duty, not much to expect
PC - Darkfall:Lost Souls - hard puzzles and scary
PC - Mass Effect 3 - Story was FANTASTIC...Ending? ehhhh
PC - DeathSpank - Finished it a few weeks ago...nice little adventure,lots of comedic content and plays on various RPG franchises.
PC - Deus EX - Finally finished it...great game and i can see why it it be considered one of the best
Post edited April 05, 2012 by Hovis1974
06/01/2012: Magic: the Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers 2012
09/01/2012: Portal 2
17/01/2012: Bloodrayne
18/01/2012: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers
27/01/2012: Space Rangers
28/01/2012: Gabriel Knight 2: The Beast Within
15/02/2012: Fortix 2
18/02/2012: Alpha Protocol
11/03/2012: Deus Ex: Human Revolution
17/03/2012: Deus Ex: Human Revolution - The Missing Link DLC
06/04/2012: Shank Short game that was fun, though frustrating at parts. Not sure I want to play it on hard as well.
06/04/2012: DLC Quest Short and semi-funny game, that I'll probably forget about.
07/04/2012: Lume Really short game with a few frustrating puzzles (damn you cabinet)
Post edited April 06, 2012 by JMich
Full list:

http://www.gog.com/en/forum/general/games_finished_in_2012_1/post89

7. ICO (2001) (PS2, 6.4.2012, 9/10)

I really liked this game. To me the graphics still look great in this early PS2 title, it is not so much about how many pixels there are, but how they are used. Almost everything is near perfect in this game, graphics, (minimalistic) audio, story, gameplay, length, challenge, the ending etc. I even liked the last boss fight, it didn't make me pull my hair in agony, pretty normal "get the idea, then you should be fine".

What has always set this game apart is its unusual dreamlike world. I liked the story and game world for similar reasons I liked e.g. the movie Mononoke Hime (Princess Mononoke). For game play, it is a bit like Tomb Raider with less action and an interesting twist (you try to guide and protect a magical snow white girl).

The only two complaints from me come from that due to the genre (quite linear action-adventure with pretty easy puzzles overall), this game has rather low replayability value. I might play it through again later, just for the kicks.

The second complaint comes that for some reason I didn't find any save game points maybe for the last hour or so of the game. It just so happened that we received some visiting friends while I was still playing the ending part, and I didn't want to switch off the PS2 because then I would have lost about 45 minutes of pretty tedious platform jumping at the very end. So I had to leave the PS2 running in paused mode in order to continue it later. Oh well. For the rest of the game, the save game system with fixed save points was passable, I didn't usually have to replay big parts of the game.

Next I'm trying Shadow of the Colossus by the same development team. I hope it is as good as ICO, I've played it only a bit before.
Post edited April 06, 2012 by timppu
Hero Core, a small free game where you play as a person with a jetpack, flying around in a metroid-like environment, collecting powerups and defeating bosses. Imagine a mix between Metroid 2 and the good parts from Section Z, and you have Hero Core.
Fallout New Vegas Dead Money

Complete List
Wing Commander IV - The Price of Freedom

Played through the whole thing in one go, with one interruption only. I didn't even plan on it, but I simply couldn't stop. O_o
Cloning Clyde. A short little game, and not very hard (I'm not a completionist). Fun, but had it been any longer, it would have started to overstay its welcome.
I've started about 15 games so far this year, and barely finished one (World of Goo - it is awesome. The soundtrack is actually something I love to listen to just because it's so awesome). I need to stop buy games and play some, dang it.

Games list:
http://www.gog.com/en/forum/general/games_finished_in_2012_1/post49