It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

djdarko: Hi guys,

I'm sorry to report the user "The_maestro27" should be avoided.

We agreed on a trade:
My Saints Row 2 and Leisure Suit Larry Reloaded Steam keys for a copy of Jade Empire (GOG).

His exact words were "Sounds good. We have a deal then! Buying it!"

I sent him the keys immediately afterwards, and he stopped responding, he hasn't responded in 18+ hours and he's even online now. It has been confirmed by a steam user here that my steam keys are now taken.

I guess I should have been smart enough to only send 1 code first... but I guess I trust people too much.
They got me too. It was supposed to be 4 keys for $6 of games. Said the exact same thing too "Sounds good. We have a deal then! Buying it!"
I urge anyone that has been scammed in a trade to please send GOG support a ticket along with back-up screenshots of evidence.

This is a really great forum with a predominance of amazing people so I'm really sad to see you guys get scammed :-(

And also, thank-you both for posting publicly so that other people here do not get scammed.
@akhliber @djdarko Maybe he/she will reply back but you guys can send a support ticket so gog can ban his/her account from abusing other users :s I

That's why I suggested that a permanent +rep (or some kind of feedback system) can prove useful...I've traded more than 10 times here and every time I suggested the person with the higher rep to send keys after me. (some users were nice enough to go first though)
If the user really tried to run away with the keys it's sad to see someone act like this for 5$ lol.
djdarko: Hi guys,

I'm sorry to report the user "The_maestro27" should be avoided.

We agreed on a trade:
My Saints Row 2 and Leisure Suit Larry Reloaded Steam keys for a copy of Jade Empire (GOG).

His exact words were "Sounds good. We have a deal then! Buying it!"

I sent him the keys immediately afterwards, and he stopped responding, he hasn't responded in 18+ hours and he's even online now. It has been confirmed by a steam user here that my steam keys are now taken.

I guess I should have been smart enough to only send 1 code first... but I guess I trust people too much.
Sorry to hear that. That was a very generous trade offer to begin with, but I guess some people are just assholes and want to steal even the smallest amounts of dollars. Have you notified the blues, so that they can at least ban him?
Wow, that is just abhorrent behavior duping three people like this. I don't understand what is the thought process as they know once people find out they won't be able to do this sort of thing again or even show up here. Very unfortunate for all you guys.
Zurvan7: That's why I suggested that a permanent +rep (or some kind of feedback system) can prove useful...
lol, the scammer actually has 5x more reputation than I do!
I'm giving it a half hour before contacting both GOG and Humble support with details and screenshots. I can't even believe this is necessary. This is a great community, and it's sad to see people taking advantage of that.
stg83: Wow, that is just abhorrent behavior duping three people like this. I don't understand what is the thought process as they know once people find out they won't be able to do this sort of thing again or even show up here. Very unfortunate for all you guys.
They probably maintain multiple accounts and make one post a day on some random thread to raise the rep high enoughto look respectable. Which is a shame, it just takes one bad egg to ruin a cake.
Post edited April 20, 2014 by theslitherydeee
Zurvan7: That's why I suggested that a permanent +rep (or some kind of feedback system) can prove useful...
djdarko: lol, the scammer actually has 5x more reputation than I do!
yeah but logged in march 2014 and having quite a high rep.... I haven't seen this user post much so he/she might have abused the rep system to trick people :s
Momo1991: And also, thank-you both for posting publicly so that other people here do not get scammed.
This. I was about to ask the results in the topic he opened.
I just received this message from The_maestro27:
"#1: They wont give you extra keys just because you say they were stolen
#2: You sent them as gifts
#3: Selling humble bundle codes is forbidden (Each purchase is intended for use by one individual.)
#4: There's absolutely no way they'll believe you since you sent them as gifts
#5: Learn from your mistakes (same applies to everybody else ;) )
#6: Happy Easter "

Time for some screenshots and I suppose there's no need to wait on reporting him to GOG and HIB support. How sad.
akhliber: I just received this message from The_maestro27:
#3: Selling humble bundle codes is forbidden (Each purchase is intended for use by one individual.)

Time for some screenshots and I suppose there's no need to wait on reporting him to GOG and HIB support. How sad.
hahaha either this person is trolling you thinking it's 1 april today or the individual is dumb as hell. Now you can take a screenshot of his message and expose the motherfucker. Some people these days are too desperate to be considered as a member of human society. Scamming people for games...
Post edited April 20, 2014 by Zurvan7

Wow, what arrogance. If you're reading this, The_"maestro"27: fuck you and I hope you had a shitty Easter. How poor do you have to be, for not being able to afford fucking 6 dollars, and having to resort to stealing instead.

Some people take pride in being a fraud and jackass in the end a person without personal culpability is less than dog shit I have to scrape off my boot after a walk in the park. I've decided not to get mad, someone who is less than nothing doesn't exist in my world, how can I hate the nonexistant.
DProject: How poor do you have to be, for not being able to afford fucking 6 dollars, and having to resort to stealing instead.
Exactly what I was thinking.