It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Playing through Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag finally after getting it for free some time ago. I have the saddest pirate ship: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfMm7cIsb_I
Diablo 3 RoS[Hard] - Finally after years of just sitting in my library of games I've finally got around to beating the whole game. Really was easy with the Monk class, only died once by accident in the early half of the game, most of the later bosses didn't even damage me. I didn't like the story as much as diablo 2 and the combat while more fluid didn't have the weight that diablo 2 had.

Into the Breach - Got around to beating this game for my first times as well; I like it - though just not nearly as much as FTL(which I haven't beaten yet ugh!).

Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri - Slowly playing it, experimenting with lower difficulties and watching youtube videos trying to understand how all the systems work and manage everything. I really really like it.
Playing SaGa Frontier 2 now, and I got tired of hunting for the Granite Staff (rare drop), so I ended up hacking it in, overwriting the *third* Rock-Beast Tag I got (which is supposed to be about as rare). (I also gave the Granite Staff infinite uses, as that particular weapon normally has infinite uses; I wouldn't do this to the Seven-Star Sword, if I did chose to hack it.)

(Also, got 2 Stone Plates when going hunting for Dead Stones, then after getting enough, another dropped from a normal battle later in the same event. I seem to be getting some strange luck here.)

I may get that Wizardry spinoff from the Humble Store when it comes out, even though I'd rather not buy games from there. (I prefer itch.io for non-curated DRM-free games.)
Just fed all the special birds in Septerra Core and got my "Ultimate" Equipment for my party. I should be now very close to the final act of the game. The combat is little bit better again, after the search for Mourn Graveyard.
Post edited May 19, 2019 by MMLN
You make the call:

Tomb Raider (2013)
Just Cause 2
Mad Max
Portal 2
The Saboteur
or Aliens C.M.

What should I play?
Before you all dismiss Aliens, I got the entire package for $5. :D
To Tiny above: I dunno about most of them but DON'T play The Saboteur unless you have a ton of time to explore everything/kill all the enemies & blow up all the hard targets/etc. It is a very long game to complete 100%.
tinyE: You make the call:

Tomb Raider (2013)
Just Cause 2
Mad Max
Portal 2
The Saboteur
or Aliens C.M.

What should I play?
Portal 2 is probably the shortest game w/ most railroaded plot in that list, Just Cause is a perfect implementation of being a 1980s action movie hero complete with infinite usage parachutes and grappelling(?) hook. Mad Max is similar to Just Cause 2 but more limited or more awesome depending on your view of the Mad Max movie franchise.

tldr:
Portal 2, then Just Cause 2 or Mad Max.
tinyE: You make the call:

Tomb Raider (2013)
Just Cause 2
Mad Max
Portal 2
The Saboteur
or Aliens C.M.

What should I play?
morrowslant: Portal 2 is probably the shortest game w/ most railroaded plot in that list, Just Cause is a perfect implementation of being a 1980s action movie hero complete with infinite usage parachutes and grappelling(?) hook. Mad Max is similar to Just Cause 2 but more limited or more awesome depending on your view of the Mad Max movie franchise.

tldr:
Short is good right now with all the activity at the inn right now, do Portal 2 it is.
THANK YOU :D

BTW I tried Aliens CM this morning. It's not great but not nearly as bad as people say. Problem is the Aliens are a little too faithful to the movies. THEY ARE TOO DAMN FAST!!! :P
morrowslant: Portal 2 is probably the shortest game w/ most railroaded plot in that list, Just Cause is a perfect implementation of being a 1980s action movie hero complete with infinite usage parachutes and grappelling(?) hook. Mad Max is similar to Just Cause 2 but more limited or more awesome depending on your view of the Mad Max movie franchise.

tldr:
tinyE: Short is good right now with all the activity at the inn right now, do Portal 2 it is.

BTW I tried Aliens CM this morning. It's not great but not nearly as bad as people say. Problem is the Aliens are a little too faithful to the movies. THEY ARE TOO DAMN FAST!!! :P
The game is much better, after Gearbox fixed the typo bug in the AI code of Aliens. Before it was complete trainwreck, now it it pretty average game, not bad, but not good either ;)
tinyE: Short is good right now with all the activity at the inn right now, do Portal 2 it is.

MMLN: The game is much better, after Gearbox fixed the typo bug in the AI code of Aliens. Before it was complete trainwreck, now it it pretty average game, not bad, but not good either ;)
I paid like $5 for it. I call it a bargain even if it sucks.

And did they update the sounds?
I read in a review for the original that the sounds, especially for the guns, were awful and not true to the movies, but I think they are fantastic. The iconic pulse rifle sounds great and VERY true to form.
MMLN: The game is much better, after Gearbox fixed the typo bug in the AI code of Aliens. Before it was complete trainwreck, now it it pretty average game, not bad, but not good either ;)
tinyE: I paid like $5 for it. I call it a bargain even if it sucks.

And did they update the sounds?
I read in a review for the original that the sounds, especially for the guns, were awful and not true to the movies, but I think they are fantastic. The iconic pulse rifle sounds great and VERY true to form.
I am sorry, I do not know. I do not own the game, so all I know, is what friends told me about the improvement of gameplay after the typo fix. No clue about gun sounds.

Well, now I remember it was fix by a game owner and not by the company, so I really do not know, if Gearbox officially fixed this typo.

Just in case, after few minutes of searching, I have found you the explanation how to fix it by yourself, if Gearbox hasn't fixed it by themselves yet :

https://www.moddb.com/mods/templargfxs-acm-overhaul/news/the-biggest-bug-in-the-game-is-just-one-letter-long
Went down the Jagged Alliance 2 rabbit hole again. I don't think this game will ever get old. It just sucks me in each time!

Just now realized that I'm out of medkits right before a massive fight to defend the town of Chitzena. At great expense I'm sending one of my cheaper mercs across the map on a helicopter to deliver a single medkit. The helicopter will probably still be in flight by the time the fight is over, but hopefully any wounded mercs won't bleed out before the helicopter arrives in the aftermath. At least the merc can pick up some weapons to take back to San Mona to sell. Come to think of it, there's an old lost tourist couple in Chitzena that might as well also hitch a ride on the helicopter back to the airport. I was dreading trekking them across the map to safety to complete their quest.
tinyE: BTW I tried Aliens CM this morning. It's not great but not nearly as bad as people say. Problem is the Aliens are a little too faithful to the movies. THEY ARE TOO DAMN FAST!!! :P
I know you said not to reply, but I had to ask: Did you ever play/enjoy the original aliens trilogy games on PC?

(The ones where one can play alien/predator/human, I mean)
As for me: I'm currently playing Bioshock 2-Complete Edition:

*Spoilers*

The good:

The whole "psychology/psychiatry being used to blindly push for communal good at the sacrifice of self-determination" plotline is good so far(I'm on Chapter 3 or so), the new areas are well done, and the "homages" to the first game(first power received & second power being the same in both games/big baddie revealed in a similar fashion to the first game & the first boss fight at the same/similar points in both games) are nice.

I also liked how the game is a proper sequel to the first game(I had originally thought[from word of mouth & reviews) that it was a prequel), and the added notes/glossary entries are fun to read through(even more so than the first game) 7 they offer more info on the setting/people/etc.

The things I find odd are:

IIRC there was no mention of the current "big bad" in the 2nd game in the first 1st game, and other new characters that got little to no acknowledgement in the first game that are in the second game.

Also it's weird that throughout the levels I played Andrew Ryan/etc talk about secrecy being key to rapture's success(Capturing people who got too close to the city, not letting new arrivals come via advertising), yet he/others OBVIOUSLY used many people/supply runs to build the city & new blood was likely needed to replace lost citizens due to accidents/crime/etc.

Nitpicks:

I miss the familiar voices of the vending machines
As usual, I'm not playing anything. They all suck! :(