It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Up to 75% off TotalBiscuit's favorites: Pillars of Eternity, Wasteland 2, S.T.A.L.K.E.R., Pharaoh + Cleopatra and more.

Love him or hate him, TotalBiscuit is a force to be reckoned with. He's the guy that millions of gamers listen to on a daily basis - whether it's first impressions, reviews, or his trademark cynical commentary on industry news, ins and outs - The Cynical Brit's influence on a generation of gamers can be hotly debated, but never denied. Today, we take a look at some of his favorites, his top bites, the 30+ games that <span class="bold">TotalBiscuit Recommends</span>:

From the creative minds of Chris Avellone, Tim Cain and Josh Sawyer comes Pillars of Eternity, where adventure continues beyond the gate. It's a critically lauded revival of the classic cRPG in the vein of Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale, to call it Obsidian Entertainment's spiritual sequel would be an understatement. Of course, that's not the only modern revival of old school favourites - Wasteland 2 is a sequel to the historic 1988 title that redefined RPG gameplay and inspired legendary titles like Fallout - full of multipathed quest solving, choice, consequence and maturity. Brilliant storytelling isn't just an RPG domain - classic point and click adventures like The Longest Journey or its big, action-adventure sister Dreamfall: The Longest Journey are known for featuring some of the most unique universes and best written tales in gaming. The list just goes on with some of absolutely top releases in gaming history including S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat, Mount & Blade, Pharaoh + Cleopatra, and so much more!

See TotalBiscuit's own take on this promo's biggest highlights!
<iframe width="775" height="436" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NwiFN8Ddj34" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This weekend, <span class="bold">TotalBiscuit Recommends</span> some of his favourite games ever. Check them out in our weekend promo, with deals up to 75% off lasting until Tuesday, July 21, 3:59 AM GMT.
Post edited July 17, 2015 by Konrad
Not using youtube so I have no idea what all this drama here is about *shrug* But the sale has some nice games and is a different mix than the usual weekend sales which I approve of ;-)
Post edited July 17, 2015 by moonshineshadow
psumner: Apparently, "love him or hate him" is GoG's way of defending TotalBiscuit's association with GamerGate, his wish for someone to get cancer on Twitter, his contacting the employers of game developers if they don't like him, his defense of transphobic humor, and so on. I don't love or hate him--I oppose the endorsement of someone who relies on hatred as a career gimmick and encourages negativity that damages gaming.
He did apologize for the cancer comment, and I'd say that "transphobic" epitaph in PoE was not transphobic at all in my eyes.

I do agree that the contacting of employers incident was 100% uncalled for though.
low rated
So I scrolled through 6 or 7 pages of posts and didn't find an answer so I apologize if this has already been addressed.

I know that GOG sponsors TB's esports team but do the individual sales from this promotion benefit him in any way (e.g. % per sale to him, % of sales towards Axiom, etc.)? I would watch the video to see if he discloses it but don't wanna give him the view.
Post edited July 17, 2015 by gc_sicbkoy
high rated
I don't quite get all the controversy. All I need to know is that he made a 2 hour long video explaining why Deus Ex is the best game ever, which as the resident DX fanboy makes me personally think he's a cool guy, and that as such his videogame taste probably matches with mine and therefore I should have a look at what he recommends. ...And be disappointed when I don't see DX there.

I find it pretty sad to see this much hate around, honestly. I don't care much about youtube personalities (although they do make nice background noise sometimes), but if I still get my usual weekend promo while GOG adds some extra visibility, then good for them. I care more about GOGs love for social media.
Post edited July 17, 2015 by P1na
low rated
"Here endeth the lesson".

Classic Total Biscuit response there.

And I see he is still supporting Gamergate, still denying the doxxing and harrasment. Anyone disagree with GG or its methods? Deny it and label them "anti-Gamergate"; encapsulates the "with us or against us" mentality. Which is TB's method, anyone disagrees with him or has a different viewpoint, call them an "Idiot".

I mean this is where alot of the tension with TB is. It's rather cynical of GOG to claim that it is a "love or hate" at that is rather simplistic descriptor.
gc_sicbkoy: So I scrolled through 6 or 7 pages of posts and didn't find an answer so I apologize if this has already been addressed.

I know that GOG sponsors TB's esports team but do the individual sales from this promotion benefit him in any way (e.g. % per sale to him, % of sales towards Axiom, etc.)? I would watch the video to see if he discloses it but don't wanna give him the view.
No. They sponsor Axiom (I think something like 1000-2000$ a month, although that could also be completely wrong. I'm basing this number off my memory), and in return TB does a few streams now and then, and the Axiom team does the "Pro gamers vs. [older RTS game available on GOG.com]" series.

But TB himself doesn't receive any monetary compensation himself, everything goes straight to Axiom.
OMG, I didn't notice that TB posted in this thread! :O
Great selection of games here, too bad some users decided to focus on TB instead of the fact there are some dirty cheap great games....might even go for a couple Ive never played
low rated
P1na: I don't quite get all the controversy. All I need to know is that he made a 2 hour long video explaining why Deus Ex is the best game ever, which as the resident DX fanboy makes me personally think he's a cool guy, and that as such his videogame taste probably matches with mine and therefore I should have a look at what he recommends. ...And be disappointed when I don't see DX there.

I find it pretty sad to see this much hate around, honestly. I don't care much about youtube personalities (although they do make nice background noise sometimes), but if I still get my usual weekend promo while GOG adds some extra visibility, then good for them. I care more about GOGs love for social media.
Sure he attracts a lot of hate but a lot of people have genuine criticisms of TB and the Gamergate movement which he supports.
These are some great recommendations, thanks GOG and TotalBiscuit!

I'm not sure why are people upset about it, you get 45 (great IMO) games with varying discounts as recommended by one of the most popular Youtube gaming streamers. Even if you don't know who that is I think you can agree that having discounts is great, so just be happy about it?
yyahoo: Perhaps you saw MegapiemanPHD and though PewDiePie...

IIRC, PewDiePie did do a couple Humble Weekly sale selections...
Nah, i didn't even knew that channel/person existed. I remember a while ago seeing some news thread about some youtube personality doing something with gog, it could even be a previous TotalBiscuit thing and i'm confusing stuff up, i just remember thinking "Oh, gog have partnerships with youtubers?".

Anyway i subscribed to that MegapemanHD channel, i like to see vides about indie titles, especially when the youtuber isn't "ALLLLL CRAZYYYY" with the comments.

MrFortyFive: I certainly didn't mean to imply that he (or anyone for that matter) is devoid of valid criticism, but my post was very brief so I probably should clarify that I meant that I believe his advocacy of a better PC gaming environment was something I thought the general PC gaming community could rally behind, so I didn't really get this seemingly knee-jerk negative reaction in the thread to his presence in the sale. Regardless, everyone is indeed entitled to their opinions. However...
I was referring to your "unsubstantiated" part, if the stuff that has been revealed here is true then yeah, i wouldn't say that it is "unsubstantiated". But i don't agree with your point of view, he could even be famous for helping old ladies cross the road that he still wouldn't be isent of any criticism.

Mind you that i don't hate him, i actually used to watch some of his "Wtf is" videos but i unsubscribed after the whole drm debacle with the consoles (kind of ironic now that i think about it). Anyway, i would pick every "gamergater" and every "social justice warrior" and put them in an colosseum with actual weapons, no audience, no, just them "debating" without annoying those that don't care about that stuff and yet have to endure it in every UNRELATED thread...
Post edited July 17, 2015 by Cyraxpt
gamesfreak64:
JLH: I've read that people can play it fine at minimum specs. there are options to cut the graphics down too. but yeah if you think it's better to wait value-wise then that's your choice/your $$$. I paid 45...I think the first time I ever paid that for a game on gog and no regrets.

at the same time iffy specs can make you reluctant. I understand that. I can't tell you if your specs are iffy or not. I'm not computer savvy. I will say pillars is one of my favorite crpgs ever. it's got a few flaws but what it does right...it does very well.

*question:*
do digital-only games take longer for price drops than similar physical copies (say pillars of eternity versus dragon age or similar comparisons)? I guess it partially depends on how well the game sells.
i dont know about physical copies , (retail cd/dvd) , and if the price will drop at same rate as digital only, i do know that despite companies want to get rid of the discs, a lot of games that arrived as digital only, suddenly get physical copies, with hardcopied manuals (paper, not pdf) and extra maps and more, usually at same price or maybe 2 bucks more then the digital only.

Seeing this development i tend to get the physicals, cause reading a 200 page manual is better doing so from a paper manual, this way i can play and keep the manual open on my desk.
I'd go for physical if available.

I would even get a digital copy on GOG, and then buy a cd/dvd with paper manual (printing pdf is quit expensive in ink), just for the manual,.
I am used to gaming like the old times: command and conquer on my pc running and me, browsing the real (paper) manual it might sound sentimental but i prefer paper manuals and would gladly pay 20 euros for a decent highquality paper manual like we had in the past like cossacks had.

These games(i still have them, had good paper manuals: baldurs gate 1,mechcommander,HOMM3, Arcanum, fallout1 (more pages then fallout2), fallout 2,Shadow watch, Cossacks european wars, Jagged alliance(dos) JA2, and the other non 3d classic Jagged Alliance games,TiberianSun, Planscape torment, patrician 2.

The game, the box, and the manuals and packaging added to the overall game excitement, nowadays if retials still exist, its usually a smelly amaray cd/dvd box of bad thin quality, no manuals (only pdf) and a disc that looks like it has been used 100 times before eventhough the game is sold a new, sometimes 20 or 25 bucks, so the packaging
of games nowadays has gone down the drain.
Now we only have the game itself that can thrill you, the rest is long gone.
Post edited July 17, 2015 by gamesfreak64
I'm sure I'm not the only one who saw this, got excited and found out a couple games didn't make it to the 75% threshold. Maybe next time they will be.
Fesin: No. They sponsor Axiom (I think something like 1000-2000$ a month, although that could also be completely wrong. I'm basing this number off my memory), and in return TB does a few streams now and then, and the Axiom team does the "Pro gamers vs. [older RTS game available on GOG.com]" series.

But TB himself doesn't receive any monetary compensation himself, everything goes straight to Axiom.
Thank you for the response.
infinitee8: I'm sure I'm not the only one who saw this, got excited and found out a couple games didn't make it to the 75% threshold. Maybe next time they will be.
some of these games are not even a year old. Who in their right mind would put all of these games at 75% off? that would be bad business