It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

JudasIscariot: Today we retire the temporary GOG Launcher app that originally came with your game. You're free to uninstall the app and your game will continue to work without it.
korell: I suppose it really is just that that statement above says you can uninstall the launcher that came with those games, it doesn't actually state that the launcher has been removed from the installers for those games. It is just a clarification that is needed. If those games are downloaded now and installed via their installer executable, does the retired launcher get installed with it (for you to then remove) or has the launcher been removed from those installers?
No, the launcher does not get installed now. There are some files in the game's directory that allow you to import the game into Galaxy if you so choose but you can run the game without them :)
korell: I suppose it really is just that that statement above says you can uninstall the launcher that came with those games, it doesn't actually state that the launcher has been removed from the installers for those games. It is just a clarification that is needed. If those games are downloaded now and installed via their installer executable, does the retired launcher get installed with it (for you to then remove) or has the launcher been removed from those installers?
Nope. Judas already confirmed it above, but for a non-staff confirmation as well, the new installer of AVP no longer carries the Galaxy launcher.
Post edited May 06, 2015 by Grargar
Just noticed something weird on the site itself- when I hover over an avatar it shows me what can be seen in the attachment. Is this a first indication of stuff that'll change on the site (especially the "invite to friends" thingy)? Just asking here since Judas seems to be online...
edit-damn, he went offline before I could post-oh well. Hopefully someone else will have an idea...
edit2-that invite to friends button is very inviting- should I actually press it? and with whom?
Attachments:
friends.png (23 Kb)
Post edited May 06, 2015 by Treasure
Judas, what is the 1.2 GB size change to the Blackguards installer?
Treasure: edit2-that invite to friends button is very inviting- should I actually press it? and with whom?
I just did, on you. Too shiny to resist. ;)
JaqFrost: Judas, what is the 1.2 GB size change to the Blackguards installer?
Just some compression being scaled back a wee bit along with the usual Galaxy import compatibility being added.
Treasure: edit2-that invite to friends button is very inviting- should I actually press it? and with whom?
IAmSinistar: I just did, on you. Too shiny to resist. ;)
Looks like I am going to have the entire forum on my list soon :D Already got a few requests :D
Post edited May 06, 2015 by JudasIscariot
JudasIscariot: Looks like I am going to have the entire forum on my list soon :D Already got a few requests :D
Including one from me just a moment ago. :D
IAmSinistar: I just did, on you. Too shiny to resist. ;)
I also accepted your invite.
JudasIscariot: Looks like I am going to have the entire forum on my list soon :D Already got a few requests :D
IAmSinistar: Including one from me just a moment ago. :D
I may need a "Maybe" button for this one :P Kidding, accepted :D
Grargar: I also accepted your invite.
Thanks kitty! So far I have you and the thievin' bastard, so I'm leading with quality at the moment.
Grargar: I also accepted your invite.
IAmSinistar: Thanks kitty! So far I have you and the thievin' bastard, so I'm leading with quality at the moment.
Great, now I can funppost at you guys in real-time :D
Nah not the entire forum. Not from my side and some of the guys in the conversational thread also said they are not interested in the friend stuff and the client :P
moonshineshadow: Nah not the entire forum. Not from my side and some of the guys in the conversational thread also said they are not interested in the friend stuff and the client :P
That's their choice, then :)
JudasIscariot: Great, now I can funppost at you guys in real-time :D
That feature alone would justify Galaxy's existence. :D
JudasIscariot: Great, now I can funppost at you guys in real-time :D
IAmSinistar: That feature alone would justify Galaxy's existence. :D
Hehehe :D