It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Mount & Blade Warband download screen in Galaxy shows the game, plus a patch for people with older versions of the installer, then it shows under DLC the Napoleonic Wars DLC, the Viking Conquest DLC, and it also has a patch. From the end user side of things though it is not really clear what that patch is for or what it does. It just says:

Patch 2.021 (gog-17) 2.012 (gog16) -> 2.021 (gog17)

Patch for what? For Napoleonic Wars? For Viking Conquest? It is as clear as mud, and the Napoleonic Wars installer is version 1.168 (gog-13), while the Viking Conquest DLC installer is 2.023 (gog-19).

So does this patch 2.021 apply to Napoleonic Wars thus upgrading it from the as yet not released gog16 build to the gog17 build? Or does it apply to Viking Conquest, updating it from gog-19 to gog17?

Or is it a file turd left around from some previous installer build that is no longer useful? Putting the name of what it patches into the text shown instead of just an unadorned "patch" would be pretty useful. I can file it in mantis but I figured I'd mention it here and find out as it might just be a matter of deleting an unnecessary file.

Please do put meaningful unambiguous names on patches and files though in the future as they can be rather confusing as to what they apply to or whether or not they're even needed or useful anymore or to whom they're still useful for. :)

TIA

Update: Upon pondering it a bit more, I'm leaning towards thinking the ambiguous patch was for a previous release of the Viking Conquest DLC as the version number is similar to what a former version of that might have been, but if this is the case, the file is still pretty useless because the main installer for that DLC is gog-19 and the patch only would take someone with a former build up to version gog-17. They would still need a gog17->gog19 patch to bring them up to current, so IMHO the patch should either be removed and have people redownload the full installer to use the current version, or rename the patch to make clear it is for Viking Conquest DLC and add another patch to go from 17 to 19 so that the patch sitting there currently is meaningful/useful and up to date. Definitely looks like a file turd at the moment. :)
Post edited September 06, 2016 by skeletonbow
high rated
From MaGog's logs for 6 September, two updates: one with file updates but no changelog update, and another one with a changelog update but no apparent file changes (I suppose they will come later today or in the following days):

---------------------------

Dying Light: The Following - Enhanced Edition has probably changed

[CHANGELOG UPDATED]
Patch 1.12.0 (6th September 2016)

- Various stability improvements (including co-op)
- Minor tweaks and fixes
- Various balance tweaks regarding Be the Zombie mode

Dying Light: The Following DLC fixes:

- Fixed losing buggy parts after playing Be the Zombie
- Fixed buggy paintjob replication
- Minor fixes improving balance

FORCED SHOWDOWN has probably changed

[FILE UPDATES]

* File added: Patch 45.629 [Linux] --- File size: 29.0 MB --- Version: gog-1 -> gog-2

* File added: Patch 45.629 [Windows] --- File size: 54.0 MB --- Version: gog-10 -> gog-11

* File changed: Linux installer, English --- Size has not changed (1.4 GB) --- Version *FROM* 45.625 (gog-1) *TO* 45.629 (gog-2)

* File changed: Mac OS X installer, English --- Size has not changed (1.4 GB) --- Version *FROM* 45.625 (gog-2) *TO* 45.629 (gog-4)

* File changed: Windows installer, English (part 1 of 2) --- Size has not changed (32.0 MB) --- Version *FROM* 45.625 (gog-10) *TO* 45.629 (gog-11)

* File changed: Windows installer, English (part 2 of 2) --- File size *FROM* 2.3 GB *TO* 2.4 GB --- Version *FROM* 45.625 (gog-10) *TO* 45.629 (gog-11)

[NO CHANGELOG]
deleted
high rated
The Curious Expedition
Patch 1.0.0.4 (06th September 2016)
Added newly rewritten event texts by Luke Openshaw
New Tome pages

Homebound
Extended Vision

Bugfixes

Added fame back to idol
Stone Circles also reveals missions and not just villages
Fixed music tracks not stopping and overlapping each other
Fixed music restarting repeatedely
Fixed weird glitch sound in music
Fixed missionaries losing spiritual solidarity perk
Fixed occult vision perk
Fixed missionary getting angry when you say that evolution is wrong
Fixed not being able to enter golden pyramid when being alone
Fixed space key sending trek to wrong location
Fixed inconsistent number of funds shown in harbor text
Fixed rare case of missing native character portrait
Fixed not being able to trade in village when low standing
Fixed events with dropped items should not appear if no items in inventory
Post edited September 06, 2016 by Wurzelkraft
Fairfox: I always like to download the full game installers (rather than patches) and I literally just re-downloaded Dying Light the other week after months of no updates. Failfox.
Depends. I don't mind incremental updates as long as they are small, and only up to say 3 of them. If the patches are huge or a lot of them, I'd go for a full download.
rtcvb32: Depends. I don't mind incremental updates as long as they are small, and only up to say 3 of them. If the patches are huge or a lot of them, I'd go for a full download.
I prefer full archives because I archive my games on DVD+R and it's a hassle (and more space wasted) to either re-download and re-burn the base installer or keep track of which base installer among my old DVD+Rs goes with which patch when they're not on the same disc and I habitually forget to write the version numbers on the labels.
ssokolow: I prefer full archives because I archive my games on DVD+R and it's a hassle (and more space wasted) to either re-download and re-burn the base installer or keep track of which base installer among my old DVD+Rs goes with which patch when they're not on the same disc and I habitually forget to write the version numbers on the labels.
I was considering doing this myself, but wasn't sure of the practicality. I think I have a spool of 50 DVD+R's that I've had sitting around that I could put to this use.

Do you do this only for Windows installers or for Mac/Linux as well? The Mac/Linux installers aren't generally split into multiple files, so I'm curious how, if at all, you handle this.

Also, how many DVD+R's do you go through per year? I think it would take me almost 250 DVD's to burn my entire GOG folder... I suppose I could focus on just the Windows installers.
ssokolow: I prefer full archives because I archive my games on DVD+R and it's a hassle (and more space wasted) to either re-download and re-burn the base installer or keep track of which base installer among my old DVD+Rs goes with which patch when they're not on the same disc and I habitually forget to write the version numbers on the labels.
apparition: I was considering doing this myself, but wasn't sure of the practicality. I think I have a spool of 50 DVD+R's that I've had sitting around that I could put to this use.

Do you do this only for Windows installers or for Mac/Linux as well? The Mac/Linux installers aren't generally split into multiple files, so I'm curious how, if at all, you handle this.

Also, how many DVD+R's do you go through per year? I think it would take me almost 250 DVD's to burn my entire GOG folder... I suppose I could focus on just the Windows installers.
I already archive every YouTube video I watch (among other things), so I'm not sure how many DVDs I go through. I can tell you it's at least 200 per year, though, because my mother always gives me a 100 spindle of Taiyo Yuden archival discs for my birthday and another for Christmas.

As for how I handle it, I grab Windows installers and extras for everything, plus Linux installers when available. (I figure that, if the Linux build of a cross-platform game ever proves shoddy, I've got a second chance at getting the game to work in Wine.)
ssokolow: I already archive every YouTube video I watch (among other things)
Heh. I saved all of the web-comics I read for a long time. Lately I don't have the time to read, let alone save them.

Do you have larger games? The Linux installers for The Witcher 2 are 20GB each. I'm not sure how to put that onto a DVD.
high rated
Last updates from MaGog's logs for 6 September:

[Part 1 of 3]

A game has probably been added: Death Road to Canada

A game has probably been added: Meridian: Squad 22

Kenshi [In Dev] has probably changed

[FILE UPDATES]

* File changed: Windows installer, English (part 1 of 3) --- Size has not changed (32.0 MB) --- Version *FROM* 0.93.20 (gog-3) *TO* 0.93.19 (gog-3)

* File changed: Windows installer, English (part 2 of 3) --- Size has not changed (3.9 GB) --- Version *FROM* 0.93.20 (gog-3) *TO* 0.93.19 (gog-3)

* File changed: Windows installer, English (part 3 of 3) --- Size has not changed (1.1 GB) --- Version *FROM* 0.93.20 (gog-3) *TO* 0.93.19 (gog-3)

[CHANGELOG UPDATED]
Update 0.93.21 (06th September 2016) [Experimental Branch - Galaxy Only]

- Stealth sound overhaul. When sneaking, targets will sometimes hear you. The chance depends on distance and skill. A zero-skill character will be lucky if he can sneak around a shop without being detected. This gives more XP to compensate.
- Stealing chances rebalanced
- Town guards will investigate buildings that have their doors left open at night. They can recognise intruders.
- You can no longer steal from your hired bodyguards if they get knocked out, they will now see it as a betrayal. IF they see it happen, that is.

FIXES:

- Dogs shouldn't go to sleep right next to your body after knocking you out anymore
- Fixed hired bodyguards not healing your guys
- Fixed an AI bug with crafting bench hauling

Patch 0.93.21 (5 September 2016)

- The last update nerfed the stolen goods sell values too strongly (15%), they've been increased to 50%. I wanted to fix this before the weekend, because it ruined thievery.

Meridian: New World has probably changed

>>> Sub-forum changed *FROM* <i>http://www.gog.com/forum/meridian_new_world</i> *TO* <i>http://www.gog.com/forum/meridian_series</i>

Man O' War: Corsair [In Dev] has probably changed

[FILE UPDATES]

* File changed: Mac OS X installer, English --- Size has not changed (7.5 GB) --- Version *FROM* 0.4.1 (gog-01) *TO* 0.4.2 (gog-06)

* File changed: Windows installer, English (part 1 of 3) --- Size has not changed (32.0 MB) --- Version *FROM* 0.4.1 (gog-10) *TO* 0.4.2 (gog-11)

* File changed: Windows installer, English (part 2 of 3) --- Size has not changed (3.9 GB) --- Version *FROM* 0.4.1 (gog-10) *TO* 0.4.2 (gog-11)

* File changed: Windows installer, English (part 3 of 3) --- Size has not changed (2.9 GB) --- Version *FROM* 0.4.1 (gog-10) *TO* 0.4.2 (gog-11)

[CHANGELOG UPDATED]
patch 0.4.2 (06 September 2016)

- Fixed a bug with the boarding timeout.
- Additional boarding tutorial should no longer show up with a weird objective
- Fixed an issue with some AI ships being unable to steer.
- Altered quest dialogue for easy pickings
- Wizards should no longer break the interface if they’re trying to cast an unequipped spell
- Skaven Doombringer slightly reduced in power: (unintentional) ability to crash game removed.
- Flyer health increase
- Crew vs flyer damage increased commensurate with the health increase
- Player ship’s flyer healthbar added above ship UI
- Fistful of Grapeshot quest will now continue if cutscene was interrupted by docking
- Manual docking at your waypoint will now clear it
- First mate no longer tries to steer during cutscenes
- Player ship’s flyer will now automatically engage enemies you attack/that attack you unless otherwise ordered.

Dying Light: The Following - Enhanced Edition has probably changed

[FILE UPDATES]

* File removed: Windows installer, Dutch (parts 1-7)

* File removed: Windows installer, French (parts 1-7)

* File removed: Windows installer, German (parts 1-7)

* File removed: Windows installer, Italian (parts 1-7)

* File removed: Windows installer, Polish (parts 1-7)

* File removed: Windows installer, Russian (parts 1-7)

* File removed: Windows installer, Spanish (parts 1-7)

* File added: Patch 1.12.0 [Windows] --- File size: 1.2 GB --- Version: 1.11.2 (gog-12) -> 1.12.0 (gog-13)

* File changed: Windows installer, English (part 1 of 7) --- Size has not changed (32.0 MB) --- Version *FROM* 1.11.2 hotfix (gog-12) *TO* 1.12.0 (gog-13)

* File changed: Windows installer, English (part 2 of 7) --- Size has not changed (3.9 GB) --- Version *FROM* 1.11.2 hotfix (gog-12) *TO* 1.12.0 (gog-13)

* File changed: Windows installer, English (part 3 of 7) --- Size has not changed (3.9 GB) --- Version *FROM* 1.11.2 hotfix (gog-12) *TO* 1.12.0 (gog-13)

* File changed: Windows installer, English (part 4 of 7) --- Size has not changed (3.9 GB) --- Version *FROM* 1.11.2 hotfix (gog-12) *TO* 1.12.0 (gog-13)

* File changed: Windows installer, English (part 5 of 7) --- Size has not changed (3.9 GB) --- Version *FROM* 1.11.2 hotfix (gog-12) *TO* 1.12.0 (gog-13)

* File changed: Windows installer, English (part 6 of 7) --- Size has not changed (3.9 GB) --- Version *FROM* 1.11.2 hotfix (gog-12) *TO* 1.12.0 (gog-13)

* File changed: Windows installer, English (part 7 of 7) --- File size *FROM* 1.9 GB *TO* 3.0 GB --- Version *FROM* 1.11.2 hotfix (gog-12) *TO* 1.12.0 (gog-13)

[NO CHANGELOG]
high rated
[Part 2 of 3]

FORCED SHOWDOWN has probably changed

[CHANGELOG UPDATED]
Patch 45.629 (06 September 2016)

- Free subscriber DLC expanded by community level up!

Contestants

- The community level just increased to 17!
- Good work subscribing and watching the streams, it’s really great to see people engaging with our games this way.
- If you’re wondering what that is, check it out at https: //www.betadwarf.com/community

- This unlocks the Raging Denver skin for all subscribers, and reveals the next reward: UltraSettsu skin!
- Look at that cool blue and gold armor.. Doesn’t it remind you of something?

- We’ve also sent out the first batch of subscriber keys with the Pink honor armor skin for the original FORCED, so go check an old friend out in new clothes ;)

- The Subscriber benefits are now also available for GoG, check your newsletter mail for more information :)

- On a related note, this week there’s DOUBLE XP for people subscribing, so share the love and we may get to that UltraSettsu skin before you know it!

- We did a small patch to unlock the raging Denver skin and squeezed a few bug fixes in as well, you can see the changelog below.

Version 629 changelog

- Fixed an issue where ranged characters couldn’t hit Ratbo the Terminator when enlarged
- Fixed an issue with the boon “I have a Hulk” not displaying values properly
- Fixed an issue with the card “Predator Tech” using the wrong description.
- Fixed an animation issue that caused the Stormbringer’s bow to not bend when stretching
- Unlocked the Raging Denver skin for Subscribers

- Stay raging
- (I know I’m gonna be playing some Team Red with Volco and Denver)
- BetaDwarf

Curious Expedition, The has probably changed

[FILE UPDATES]

* File changed: Linux installer, English --- Size has not changed (163.0 MB) --- Version *FROM* 1.0.0.0 (gog-16) *TO* 1.0.0.4 (gog-17)

* File changed: Mac OS X installer, English --- Size has not changed (160.0 MB) --- Version *FROM* 1.0.0.0 (gog-19) *TO* 1.0.0.4 (gog-19)

* File changed: Windows installer, English --- Size has not changed (74.0 MB) --- Version *FROM* 1.0.0.0 (gog-15) *TO* 1.0.0.4 (gog-16)

[CHANGELOG UPDATED]
Patch 1.0.0.4 (06th September 2016)
Added newly rewritten event texts by Luke Openshaw
New Tome pages
- Homebound
- Extended Vision

Bugfixes
- Added fame back to idol
- Stone Circles also reveals missions and not just villages
- Fixed music tracks not stopping and overlapping each other
- Fixed music restarting repeatedely
- Fixed weird glitch sound in music
- Fixed missionaries losing spiritual solidarity perk
- Fixed occult vision perk
- Fixed missionary getting angry when you say that evolution is wrong
- Fixed not being able to enter golden pyramid when being alone
- Fixed space key sending trek to wrong location
- Fixed inconsistent number of funds shown in harbor text
- Fixed rare case of missing native character portrait
- Fixed not being able to trade in village when low standing
- Fixed events with dropped items should not appear if no items in inventory

Subterrain has probably changed

[FILE UPDATES]

* File changed: Windows installer, English --- Size has not changed (586.0 MB) --- Version *FROM* 1142 (gog-21) *TO* 1144 (gog-22)

[CHANGELOG UPDATED]
Patch 1144 (06th September 2016)

- Fixed : Possible invasion being triggered when it should not. ( in some game play progress senario. )
- Updated : Cheaper metal and resin cost for grenades in expense of increased cost of other materials.
- Updated : Increased max durability of all ranged weapons a bit.
high rated
Added the changelogs for Dying Light: The Following - Enhanced Edition, FORCED SHOWDOWN, and Subterrain to the respective game fora.

Vythonaut added the changelog for Curious Expedition, The to its game forum.
Post edited September 07, 2016 by HypersomniacLive
high rated
[Part 3 of 3]

I'm sorry, I tricked you: I've got nothing else to report.

Well, that's not entirely true either. You'll see why in a while.

This is a sort of... intervention. A call to order for GOG. Or for whoever is in charge of assigning versions (GOG versions) to new patches and updates. I assume this process is also carried out manually, so I'm completely aware that errors are bound to happen. But lately the amount of versioning errors in file updates is unacceptably high.

Take this last batch of updates, for instance:

· Kenshi [In Dev] (in the first post): the changelog clearly indicates the new version is 0.93.21, but the versions attached to the affected files make it seem like a regression (from 0.93.20 to 0.93.19). To add insult to injury, the 'GOG version' remains as gog-3 for all files.

· The Curious Expedition (second post): all the files jump from version 1.0.0.0 to 1.0.0.4, but only the Linux and Windows builds get an increased 'GOG version'. The Mac build gets stuck at gog-19...

...which isn't probably its right 'GOG version' to begin with, as Mac files appear to be getting too big an increase of 'GOG version' in every update as of late. E.g.:

· <span class="bold">FORCED SHOWDOWN</span>: the Mac installer jumps 2 'GOG versions' when the other OSs only jump by 1

· <span class="bold">Mount &amp; Blade: Warband</span>: the Mac DLC installers jump 5 'GOG versions' when the Windows and Linux ones only jump by 1

· <span class="bold">Don't Starve</span>: again the Mac installers jump 5 'GOG versions' when the rest only jump by 1

This is only a small sample from the last 2 days, but I could go on. So please, could you be a little more careful when updating files and assigning 'GOG versions' to them (especially where Mac OS X files are concerned)?

Finally, the reason why I said it wasn't entirely true that I had nothing else to report. I indeed have. An error: sometime during the last 2 MaGog updates, a new bogus game has appeared in GOG's database, and it's being broadcasted through its API.

This is a new ID (2140144903), even though most of its fields mimic those of "Cannon Fodder". Even the "title" field contains "Cannon Fodder", and the linked gamecard is that of "Cannon Fodder" (CORRECTION!!! THIS IS NO LONGER THE CASE! AS YOU CAN SEE FOR YOURSELF IF YOU CLICK ON THE PREVIOUS LINK, YOU'RE NOW DIRECTED TO A BOGUS GAME CARD), but strangely enough, only "Cannon Fodder 2" comes up when one searches "Cannon Fodder" on the website. Plus, if you follow the "purchase link" included in the API entry you'll end up at a checkout page for a certain PRODUCT_TITLE_2140144903 game which moreover appears to be on sale at 17% off. :\

Furthermore, the addition of this bogus game seems to have messed up with the way MaGog compiles its DB and it has marked "Cannon Fodder" as a missing game, like it had been removed from the store. I sincerely hope this has just been a silly error and no game has actually been removed.

I'd appreciate if you could remove this bogus game with id=2140144903 from your database so it doesn't keep interferring with MaGog, though. Since some of us are doing (part of) your job for free, at least don't make it more difficult for us. Thank you.
Post edited September 07, 2016 by muntdefems
Nvm. Didn't read properly.
Post edited September 07, 2016 by Grargar
Tannath: Odd. Last time I noticed when I clicked on the GOGDownloader links the Downloader would automatically launch, but today in order for the links to work I had to manually launch the Downloader before clicking on the links (for any game apparently, I checked several). I hope this is not the beggining of the end... =(
HypersomniacLive: Started just fine for me, so something else going on at your end.
Today it's working fine. Like I said, odd.