It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

ssokolow: I already archive every YouTube video I watch (among other things)
apparition: Heh. I saved all of the web-comics I read for a long time. Lately I don't have the time to read, let alone save them.

Do you have larger games? The Linux installers for The Witcher 2 are 20GB each. I'm not sure how to put that onto a DVD.
I wrap them in a split 7-zip archive using `7z a -v4480m` to produce 4480MiB volumes.
apparition: Heh. I saved all of the web-comics I read for a long time. Lately I don't have the time to read, let alone save them.

Do you have larger games? The Linux installers for The Witcher 2 are 20GB each. I'm not sure how to put that onto a DVD.
ssokolow: I wrap them in a split 7-zip archive using `7z a -v4480m` to produce 4480MiB volumes.
Would you not be better off just splitting the file with split or if you want 7z adding -mx0 to just have it split the files I doubt you'll get much compression on an already compressed file you'd do better to install it then compress it down from there, no?
high rated
Titan Quest Anniversary Edition has been updated:

Update (07 September 2016)

Fixed frozen mouse cursor on some WIndows 10 machines
Fixed missing game fonts on some Windows 10 machines
Increased UI scale for 4k resolutions
Fixed possible crash when using RMB on the pet/party menu
Increased players' initial Life/Mana regeneration by 1 per second
Increased Bleeding Damage on wolves' Maul skill by 1 per second per level
Reduced Physical Damage on Distortion Wave by 15%
Increased Physical Damage on Distortion Wave ~ Chaotic Resonance by 30%
Tweaked Aktaios' (Orient Telkine) skill use
Adjusted Vitality Decay Damage on Aktaios' death beam
Reduced Life Leech and Elemental Resistance on Alastor
Alastor's aura now does Frostburn and Vitality Decay rather than Cold/Vitality Damage once a second
Fixed health of Panos (Centaur Hero)
Tweaked animations on Flaming Boarman
Improved death effect on Scarabaeus
Reduced hero lock radius of golden chests
Fixed name tag on Hector's Flashing Helm
Fixed Defensive Ability on Battlemage Circlet (60 -> 260 like the other set parts)
Adjusted level requirements and costs of Betrayer and Siren affixes
Fixed AI of "Monstrous Brigands" archers
Reduced amount of Arachnos armor dropping in "The Poisoned Spring"
Gave Leimon the Vengeful's zombie summons a limited life span
Improved effect of Arachnos' Ensnare skill
"Headphones" speaker setting is now called "Stereo" to avoid confusion
Edited Eye of Chaos pedestal to avoid possible glitch
Have these people ever heard of a fucking PATCH!?

It's only the 7th and I'm already out of bandwidth for the month because of this stupid game.
Post edited September 07, 2016 by tinyE
tinyE: Have these people ever heard of a fucking PATCH!?

It's only the 7th and I'm already out of bandwidth for the month because of this stupid game.
Yeah, I just downloaded and installed Titan Quest yesterday. Guess I get to do that all over again. :/
deleted

Nordic: "Patches? We don't need no stinking patches!"

haydenaurion: Nordic: "Patches? We don't need no stinking patches!"
I would have preferred the original from "The Treasure of the Sierre Madre". :P
high rated
From MaGog's logs for 7 September:

---------------------------

A game has probably been added: Caravan [Upcoming]

Titan Quest Anniversary Edition has probably changed

[FILE UPDATES]

* File changed: Windows installer, English (part 1 of 3) --- Size has not changed (33.0 MB) --- Version *FROM* 1.3 (gog-4) *TO* 1.3 (gog-5)

* File changed: Windows installer, English (part 2 of 3) --- Size has not changed (3.9 GB) --- Version *FROM* 1.3 (gog-4) *TO* 1.3 (gog-5)

* File changed: Windows installer, English (part 3 of 3) --- Size has not changed (1.7 GB) --- Version *FROM* 1.3 (gog-4) *TO* 1.3 (gog-5)

[CHANGELOG UPDATED]

- Fixed frozen mouse cursor on some WIndows 10 machines
- Fixed missing game fonts on some Windows 10 machines
- Increased UI scale for 4k resolutions
- Fixed possible crash when using RMB on the pet/party menu
- Increased players' initial Life/Mana regeneration by 1 per second
- Increased Bleeding Damage on wolves' Maul skill by 1 per second per level
- Reduced Physical Damage on Distortion Wave by 15%
- Increased Physical Damage on Distortion Wave ~ Chaotic Resonance by 30%
- Tweaked Aktaios' (Orient Telkine) skill use
- Adjusted Vitality Decay Damage on Aktaios' death beam
- Reduced Life Leech and Elemental Resistance on Alastor
- Alastor's aura now does Frostburn and Vitality Decay rather than Cold/Vitality Damage once a second
- Fixed health of Panos (Centaur Hero)
- Tweaked animations on Flaming Boarman
- Improved death effect on Scarabaeus
- Reduced hero lock radius of golden chests
- Fixed name tag on Hector's Flashing Helm
- Fixed Defensive Ability on Battlemage Circlet (60 -> 260 like the other set parts)
- Adjusted level requirements and costs of Betrayer and Siren affixes
- Fixed AI of "Monstrous Brigands" archers
- Reduced amount of Arachnos armor dropping in "The Poisoned Spring"
- Gave Leimon the Vengeful's zombie summons a limited life span
- Improved effect of Arachnos' Ensnare skill
- "Headphones" speaker setting is now called "Stereo" to avoid confusion
- Edited Eye of Chaos pedestal to avoid possible glitch

Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing - Complete Pack, The [removed on Jun 1, 2016] has probably changed

[FILE UPDATES]

* File added: Mac OS X installer, English --- File name: incredible_adventures_of_van_helsing_en_2.0.0.5.pkg --- File size: 10.9 GB --- Date: Wed 07 Sep 2016 09:53:49 GMT --- Version: gog-5

[NO CHANGELOG]

Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing II - Complete Pack, The [removed on Jun 1, 2016] has probably changed

[FILE UPDATES]

* File added: Mac OS X installer, English --- File name: incredible_adventures_of_van_helsing_ii_en_2.0.0.4.pkg --- File size: 13.0 GB --- Date: Wed 07 Sep 2016 10:25:18 GMT --- Version: gog-4

[NO CHANGELOG]

Death Road to Canada has probably changed

>>> Supported OS changed *FROM* Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10) and Linux (Ubuntu 14.04, Ubuntu 16.04) *TO* Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10) and Mac OS X (10.9.0 or newer) and Linux (Ubuntu 14.04, Ubuntu 16.04)

>>> System requirements for OS X changed *FROM* [empty] *TO* OS X 10.9+, Processor: 1.3 ghz, Memory: 128 MB, Minimum Supported Texture Size 2048x2048, Disk Space: 120 MB, Mouse, Keyboard

[FILE UPDATES]

* File added: Mac OS X installer, English --- File size: 57.0 MB --- Version: gog-1

[NO CHANGELOG]
ssokolow: I wrap them in a split 7-zip archive using `7z a -v4480m` to produce 4480MiB volumes.
Cusith: Would you not be better off just splitting the file with split or if you want 7z adding -mx0 to just have it split the files I doubt you'll get much compression on an already compressed file you'd do better to install it then compress it down from there, no?
I use 7-zip because, when I set up the habit and the shell alias I use, I'd forgotten about split. (And an argument could still be made that 7-zip is more idiot-proof... especially if you might someday need to access the Linux installer on Windows for some reason.)

As for the arguments, I don't actually remember which options I have in my shell alias. I was just summarizing the most relevant 7-zip option and the volume size I've settled on by experimentation.

(A DVD+R holds 4482MiB, but genisoimage won't produce UDF-only images, so you need a little extra space to fit both sets of filesystem structures and I've found that 2MiB is a good "works for 99% of cases without wasting too much space" choice.)
high rated
Call of Cthulhu: Shadow of the Comet has been updated:

Fixed the DOSBox configuration utility for the floppy disk version of Shadow of the Comet.

Huh? But it's not 6th September anymore.
Edit: Oh, sneaky fix. :P
Post edited September 07, 2016 by Grargar
Cusith: Would you not be better off just splitting the file with split or if you want 7z adding -mx0 to just have it split the files I doubt you'll get much compression on an already compressed file you'd do better to install it then compress it down from there, no?
ssokolow: I use 7-zip because, when I set up the habit and the shell alias I use, I'd forgotten about split. (And an argument could still be made that 7-zip is more idiot-proof... especially if you might someday need to access the Linux installer on Windows for some reason.)

As for the arguments, I don't actually remember which options I have in my shell alias. I was just summarizing the most relevant 7-zip option and the volume size I've settled on by experimentation.

(A DVD+R holds 4482MiB, but genisoimage won't produce UDF-only images, so you need a little extra space to fit both sets of filesystem structures and I've found that 2MiB is a good "works for 99% of cases without wasting too much space" choice.)
Technically I think 7z is doing the same thing as split in the end just it first raps the source files in a 7z container. With split you can still just cat the file even on windows and if you give it a numeric extension 7z may work though perhaps it would need to be .001 though.
Always hate backing up as I end up throwing par2 files all over the place to fill in the space on disc takes forever then you find the file that would have fit perfectly in that gap.
high rated
Last updates from MaGog's logs for 7 September:

A game has probably been added: 140

Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing: Final Cut, The has probably changed

[FILE UPDATES]

* File added: Mac OS X installer, English --- File name: the_incredible_adventures_of_van_helsing_final_cut_en_2.0.0.2.pkg --- File size: 18.7 GB --- Date: Wed 07 Sep 2016 13:02:10 GMT --- Version: gog-2

[NO CHANGELOG]

Call of Cthulhu: Shadow of the Comet has probably changed

[CHANGELOG ADDED]

- Fixed the DOSBox configuration utility for the floppy disk version of Shadow of the Comet.

Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing III, The [removed on Jun 1, 2016] has probably changed

[FILE UPDATES]

* File added: Mac OS X installer, English --- File name: the_incredible_adventures_of_van_helsing_iii_en_2.0.0.5.pkg --- File size: 10.9 GB --- Date: Wed 07 Sep 2016 12:39:58 GMT --- Version: gog-5

[NO CHANGELOG]

Death Road to Canada has probably changed

>>> System requirements for Linux changed *FROM* Ubuntu 14.04, 16.04 or newer, Processor: 1.3 ghz, Memory: 128 MB, Minimum Supported Texture Size 2048x2048, Disk Space: 60 MB, Mouse, Keyboard *TO* Ubuntu 14.04, 16.04 or newer, Processor: 1.3 ghz, Memory: 128 MB, Minimum Supported Texture Size 2048x2048, Disk Space: 60 MB, Mouse, Keyboard, Requires the following packages to be installed: libsdl2-2.0-0 libsdl2-mixer-2.0-0, Notice: this game comes with a 64-bit binary only
high rated
I created changelog thread to <span class="bold">Meridian Series.</span>
Please make as sticky.
Thanks.
Post edited September 07, 2016 by T_a_J
muntdefems: Call of Cthulhu: Shadow of the Comet has probably changed

[CHANGELOG ADDED]

- Fixed the DOSBox configuration utility for the floppy disk version of Shadow of the Comet.
muntdefems:
Forgot to mention it: a changelog was added to this game, but no file was updated. Did someone forget to upload the new installers?
Post edited September 07, 2016 by muntdefems