It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I just rechecked the Gobliiins Games which were recently unbundled and Gobliins 3 received language specific installers. With the Gobliiins pack it was possible to install the FDD versions of the game as well by using options during installation. Now the FDD versions will be installed no matter what - they are not optional anymore. If you chose the English installer after installation you will have different shortcuts for FDD version or CD version. This is not the case for the German release because the german version of the FDD games is not included (and it never even was in the gobliiins pack). Even with the german version the FDD folder containing the necessary files is there and by adding it using Scummvm you can still play the english FDD version as well as the German CD version. I am wondering why the other Gobliiin Games still have not received seperate language specific installers since they are multi-language as well as I stated above....
Post edited March 21, 2015 by MarkoH01
is someone planning to create an unbundling tracker thread?
apehater: is someone planning to create an unbundling tracker thread?
Honestly I think a full blown <span class="bold">Bugzilla</span> or <span class="bold">TRAC</span> installation is more warranted to cover and track this level of massive breakage, with the bonus of letting interested parties get notifications when things change and are updated. Not sure anyone would care to put that much effort into it without getting paid mind you. :)
Post edited March 21, 2015 by skeletonbow
mrkgnao: [So is the Mac OS X installer really only for Geneforge 1, or was it simply left ununbundled (and stashed into the first available sub-game)? Judging from the file size and date, I would guess the latter. If a brave Mac owner wishes to install and check...]
I just tried it out. The installer includes all five games and installs them as separate applications.
high rated
Question for the knowledgeable ones, as my account hasn't been clear of updates since about May.

When I stopped grabbing updates real time many months ago the Account tab would not show your total number of games unless there was an update available. Did they fix that? I'm sitting at 1, but would miss my number on my shelf if that problem persists.
budejovice: Question for the knowledgeable ones, as my account hasn't been clear of updates since about May.

When I stopped grabbing updates real time many months ago the Account tab would not show your total number of games unless there was an update available. Did they fix that? I'm sitting at 1, but would miss my number on my shelf if that problem persists.
The total number of games now stays there even when there are no updates. At least it does for me. I think they implemented the fix a short while ago.
budejovice: Question for the knowledgeable ones, as my account hasn't been clear of updates since about May.

In order to see the total game count all the time, install the Barefoot Essentials web browser extension, it adds this capability to gog.com
high rated

ddickinson: The total number of games now stays there even when there are no updates. At least it does for me. I think they implemented the fix a short while ago.
Cool, thanks! Update: 0, it has been a long time...

skeletonbow: In order to see the total game count all the time, install the Barefoot Essentials web browser extension, it adds this capability to gog.com
Thanks, skeleton, as well. I can confirm that it's fixed even if one doesn't have B.E. installed (attached).
Attachments:
clear.jpg (21 Kb)
Post edited March 21, 2015 by budejovice
budejovice: Cool, thanks! Update: 0, it has been a long time...
With 991 unbundled games in your account, it won't be long before you see those update notifications again. :-)
high rated
ddickinson: With 991 unbundled games in your account, it won't be long before you see those update notifications again. :-)
Tell me about it. :) Just glad I have everything downloaded in its still-bundled state. I'll be doing a lot of selective picking for updated unbundlers for the time being. I doubt I'll see Update: 0 again for quite some time...
When there is an update I wish it would show exactly what had been updated and for what OS. Would make things so much simpler for the rest of us.
From MaGog's logs for 21 March:

NOTE! ADDED FILE Bard's Tale, The, downloadables, Linux installer, English+French+German+Korean+Polish+Russian (gog_the_bards_tale_1.0.0.1.tar.gz; Fri, 20 Mar 2015 17:10:20 GMT; 3,255,108,535)

NOTE! ADDED FILE Broken Sword 2: Remastered, downloadables, Linux installer, English+French+German+Italian+Spanish (gog_broken_sword_2_remastered_1.0.0.1.deb; Wed, 18 Mar 2015 17:29:27 GMT; 1,289,726,446)

NOTE! ADDED FILE Broken Sword 2: Remastered, downloadables, Tarball archive (gog_broken_sword_2_remastered_1.0.0.1.tar.gz; Wed, 18 Mar 2015 17:28:44 GMT; 1,312,985,807)

NOTE! ADDED FILE Broken Sword 2: Remastered, downloadables, product_bonus_51593 (gog_broken_sword_2_the_smoking_mirror_1.0.0.2.tar.gz; Wed, 18 Mar 2015 17:28:27 GMT; 719,823,240)

NOTE! ADDED FILE Broken Sword: Director's Cut, downloadables, Linux installer, English+French+German+Italian+Spanish (gog_broken_sword_directors_cut_1.0.0.1.deb; Wed, 18 Mar 2015 17:26:35 GMT; 1,110,827,786)

NOTE! ADDED FILE Broken Sword: Director's Cut, downloadables, Tarball archive (gog_broken_sword_directors_cut_1.0.0.1.tar.gz; Wed, 18 Mar 2015 17:26:11 GMT; 1,219,063,876)

NOTE! ADDED FILE Broken Sword: Director's Cut, downloadables, product_bonus_51583 (gog_broken_sword_the_shadow_of_the_templars_1.0.0.3.tar.gz; Wed, 18 Mar 2015 17:25:31 GMT; 313,362,340)

NOTE! CHANGED FILE Capitalism 2, downloadables, Windows installer, English (setup_capitalism2_2.3.0.9.exe ***TO*** setup_capitalism2_2.4.0.10.exe; Tue, 03 Mar 2015 10:41:01 GMT ***TO*** Fri, 20 Mar 2015 13:12:52 GMT; 66,534,096 ***TO*** 66,444,032)
budejovice: Thanks, skeleton, as well. I can confirm that it's fixed even if one doesn't have B.E. installed (attached).
My kind of man.
Using light colour scheme and list view.
mrkgnao: [So is the Mac OS X installer really only for Geneforge 1, or was it simply left ununbundled (and stashed into the first available sub-game)? Judging from the file size and date, I would guess the latter. If a brave Mac owner wishes to install and check...]
Loenas: I just tried it out. The installer includes all five games and installs them as separate applications.
Thank you. As expected, left ununbundled.
The Book of Unbundled Tales, Chapter 54:

NOTE! ADDED FILE Descent 1+2, downloadables, Descent 1: Windows installer, English (setup_descent_2.1.0.8.exe; Thu, 26 Feb 2015 11:37:22 GMT; 25,876,928)

NOTE! ADDED FILE Descent 1+2, downloadables, Descent 2: Windows installer, English (setup_descent2_2.1.0.10.exe; Thu, 26 Feb 2015 11:41:09 GMT; 554,371,624)

NOTE! REMOVED FILE Descent 1+2, downloadables, Windows installer, English (setup_descent12_2.0.0.7.exe; Fri, 31 Jan 2014 10:19:37 GMT; 564,611,632)

NOTE! ADDED FILE Descent 1+2, downloadables, Descent 1: Mac OS X installer, English (descent_1_2.1.0.14.dmg; Thu, 26 Feb 2015 11:37:23 GMT; 30,170,795)

NOTE! ADDED FILE Descent 1+2, downloadables, Descent 2: Mac OS X installer, English (descent2_2.1.0.13.dmg; Thu, 26 Feb 2015 11:41:51 GMT; 594,276,547)

NOTE! REMOVED FILE Descent 1+2, downloadables, Mac OS X installer, English (descent_12_1.1.0.7.dmg; Tue, 03 Dec 2013 15:44:58 GMT; 614,673,294)