Flotsam (In Development) Updated to 0.4.1 (Galaxy & Offline Installer) Changelog from Steam:
The Polluted Fishies are ready to be caught!
The Polluted Fishies are ready to be caught!
This patch updates the food pipeline with the new Polluted Fish and a Pollution Mechanic.
As the first step towards pollution, drifters can now get polluted by eating the various tiers of polluted fish; Bottle Fish, Oil Gobblers and Bloated Flounders. Eating too much will get them ill and bed-ridden for a short amount of time.
Thanks again to everyone who tested it in experimental! Your reports and feedback are always a great help <3
Enjoy everyone and sea you next patch!
Early Access 0.4.1: Polluted Fishies
New Pollution Mechanic
- Edible items now have a pollution amount.
- Drifters can get gradually polluted.
- Drifters that reach full pollution contract a disease.
- Added disease: Microbe-Plastics. Drifters that contracted Microbe-Plastics will be bedridden for a duration.
- Pollution is shown on drifter overview portraits.
- Items that are polluted will have a color that reflects how polluting they are.
- Added a survival guide page on Pollution & Disease.
New Polluted Fishies
- Added three new polluted fishes: Bottle Fish, Oil Gobbler & Bloated Flounder.
- Fishing now fishes up random fish. The odds of fishing better fish will increase as you clean up the ocean.
- Added Seaweed Sheet, which is used as an ingredient in certain food recipes.
- Added the Fishing Chair, where drifters can fish in the town. They'll fish up any fish in the swimming radius.
- Added the Unbottler, where bottled fish can be unbottled to reduce pollution. This building requires energy and has the following recipes:
- Unbottled Fish.
- The Chop Shop no longer has the Bird Chow recipe, but it did gain the following recipe:
- Seaweed Sheet.
- Added the Fishwasher, where polluted fish can be cleaned and prepped. It has the following recipes:
- Unbottled Filet.
- Gobbler Filet.
- Flounder Filet.
- Bird Chow.
- Re-introduced the Fish Sticks. It has the following recipes:
- Dried Bottle Fish.
- Dried Unbottled Fish.
- The recipes in the Fish Kabob have been changed to the following recipes:
- Grilled Gobbler.
- Grilled gobbler Filet.
- Grilled Flounder.
- The recipes in the Food Truck have been changed to the following recipes:
- Unbottled Roll.
- Gobbler Roll.
- Quarter Flounder.
- Temporarily removed the Fishing Hut.
- The amount of pollution on food can be found in the item tooltip.
- Certain research is now locked behind other research.
- Slightly reduced cost of Research Station, as it comes into play sooner now.
- Empty categories no longer show in research panel.
- Chop Shop, Battery, Scrapsmith and Watchtower are now behind research.
- Added research images to more construction research projects.
- Weight tiers now affect energy requirement more gradually then before.
- Energy mileage has been increased which means less energy needed for the same distances.
- Reduced amount of food you start with.
- Reduced cost of Energy Pole.
- Reduced metal cost of the Seaweed Grower.
- Reduced memory allocation of certain UI elements. This should reduce stuttering.
- Reduced memory allocation of animations. This should reduce stuttering.
- Fixed an issue where the drying rack would work at twice the speed it should.
- Fixed Captain's Log not showing the energy production and consumption correctly.
- Fixed error spam when a building with inventory visuals got deconstructed or upgraded.
- Fixed fuel requirement still showing in the research window.
- Fixed description of drifters producing energy.
- Fixed an issue where fish would show in salvage markers.
- Fixed an issue where the movement button on the map would not update when the set path became available.
- Fixed research panel not updating the next available research when research completed.
- Fixed research panel unlock button not updating when research was completed.
- Fixed warnings not disappearing when a drifter died.
- Fixed battery meters not updating on load.
- Fixed an issue where drifters would swap between electricty generators every 30 seconds.
- Fixed storages not being able to accept newly added items.
- Fixed an issue where the walkway segment status would throw an error and not update to the correct value.
- Fixed some Chinese characters showing as boxes.
- Added generator storage visual.
- Changed item color backgrounds: Polluted items are now purple. Rare and Crafted items are now the same green.
- Updated the item tooltips improve color background visibility, and tweaked layouts to fit them.
- New icon backgrounds added to landmark, marker, production panels.
- The item tooltip now shows the weight of an item.
- Added movement cost back to the map.
- The movement button on the map now always shows, but will be disabled when you cannot move to a set point.
- Added warning for hunger / thirst.
- Drifters will now always prioritize the Manual-Powered Generator over the Townheart Crank.
- The salvaging attribute will now change the priority of landmark salvaging as well, instead of only changing the priority of the salvaging assignment.
Behind the Scenes
- Created a manual world editor to provide testing grounds for future patches.
- Added functionality to add images in text, which will be used for clarity in the future.
- Changed the way we store item information in the back-end, reducing the amount of bugs around drifters not eating.