It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

JudasIscariot: snip
tburger: So - I consider it settled . Thx :-D
I don't since it's not here yet :P
DyNaer: snip
You know it's not working that way?

It's not like you request something, and GOG will do it.

I'd kill GOG team if they spam me with notifications every time they change installer (not the game itself).
DyNaer: snip
SLP2000: You know it's not working that way?

It's not like you request something, and GOG will do it.

I'd kill GOG team if they spam me with notifications every time they change installer (not the game itself).
I think you didn't followed what i meant to say :

- the requests aint' new; (they are more than 6 months old) : so i think i'm patient...if not i don't know what to say :(
- the system updates is just broken , it doesn't work as intended every time : just for example : Anomaly Warzone Earth got flagged today ; but in the games shelves i don't know what's got updated .....
- a better system or coupled with a changelog will be a better solution

but no , gog, continues to keep secrety of what they have planned to do , so don't lecture me how i should put a resquest to them >.< , i'm a customer if i find a service or a part of a service not working properly and i report it : it's to expect in a future a better functionnality.

and i'm not alone resquesting this....

about the billboards thingy, i never said they should be flagged by the system updates ; if you reread my post ; i said they created this problem : they will change the installers everytime they have somes games removed from their catalog (at this rate once a year or so). To me the billboards are uncessary and give extra work , which could be not expected when they introduced them.

To sum up : since the updates system doesn't work properly time to time + some updates which ain't mentionned , i must rely to the downloader. But if i rely to the downloader , with the change of the billboards, the installers files doesn't match with the previous ones.: GREAT (of course they doesn't match if a game got any kind of update, but the billboards change by itself isn't a game update) -> reason of my request of a list about games affected.
Post edited January 31, 2014 by DyNaer
I just got an update notification for Anomaly Warzone Earth, which appears to have gotten an update with FLAC music soundtrack but was not listed in the recent FLAC soundtrack blog post. Presumably we'll be seeing other games gain FLAC soundtracks in the future as well. Thanks for the extra goodies GOG.

What would be really cool, but probably next to impossible... would be to obtain the source data used to generate the cutscenes on many old games from the 90s when computers couldn't really do realtime 3D FMV in-engine so they pre-rendered scenes on SGI Indigos or similar. Having that source data and regenerating full screen video in high res/HD without the scanlines, low res tricks and other tricks used to highly compress the video so it'd run on 386/486 class computers back in the day would bring the videos a whole new life of their own on modern systems. That's a lot of effort for marginal gains granted, but would be something cool/fun to tinker with if someone actually had access to the raw source data assets and was geeky enough to pull it off. ;oP
Post edited January 31, 2014 by skeletonbow
DyNaer: To sum up : since the updates system doesn't work properly time to time + some updates which ain't mentionned , i must rely to the downloader. But if i rely to the downloader , with the change of the billboards, the installers files doesn't match with the previous ones.: GREAT (of course they doesn't match if a game got any kind of update, but the billboards change by itself isn't a game update) -> reason of my request of a list about games affected.
Perhaps a middle-of-the-road solution would be to allow users such as yourself to opt-in to a notification system through your account settings that alerts you to any and every change to files in your library, while for other users the current notification system continues to alert them only to 'significant' changes. Although, there would still need to be a way for GOG to label or communicate what the changes were.
Post edited January 31, 2014 by SCPM
I just noticed that Republic has a v2 installer.

To my knowledge that leaves the following games with a v1 installer:
Colin McRae Rally 2005
Dark Fall 2: Lights Out (original version)
Space Rangers
Space Rangers 2
Second Sight

I only have Dark Fall 2 and Second Sight from these games. Both still have the v1 installer.
Post edited February 01, 2014 by HertogJan
HertogJan: To my knowledge that leaves the following games with a v1 installer:
Chessmaster 9000
(...)
Chessmaster has been updated to v2 some time ago :)
HertogJan: I just noticed that Republic has a v2 installer.

To my knowledge that leaves the following games with a v1 installer:
Chessmaster 9000
Colin McRae Rally 2005
Dark Fall 2: Lights Out (original version)
Toca Race Driver 3
Second Sight

I only have Dark Fall 2 and Second Sight from these games. Both still have the v1 installer.
Both Space Ranger games are also still v1. Toca Race Driver 3 has been updated to v2 (2.0.0.2). I can confirm that Colin is still at v1
Thanks to both of you for correcting me.
While grabbing the new flac additions, here's some updated game files I came across:

Darklands (January 1, 1992) - 1.0.0.5 mac file (bug fixes)
Earthworm Jim 1 + 2 (April 30, 1996) - 2.0.0.7 setup file ('silent' bug fixes) and 1.0.0.5 mac file (bug fixes)
Witcher - Enhanced Edition, The (October 26, 2007) - 2.0.0.12 setup files ('silent' bug fixes) and 1.0.0.3 mac file ('silent' bug fixes)
Witcher 2 - Assassins Of Kings, The (April 17, 2012) - 3.4.0.25 setup files ('silent' bug fixes)
Since GOG is reluctant to post the list of the games which have their billboards changed ; (there are certainly more than that) . It's possible some have some fixes (like Divine Divinity).

here those i found :

A New Beginning
Alone in the Dark - The New Nightmare
Amerzone - The Explorer's Legacy
Amnesia - The Dark Descent
Anachronox
Anvil of Dawn
Avadon 2 - The Corruption
Avadon - The Black Fortress
Avernum - The Complete Saga
Back to the Future - The Game
Baldur's Gate 2 Complete
Baldur's Gate - The Original Saga
Beneath a Steel Sky
Betrayal at Krondor Pack
Beyond Divinity
Botanicula
Book of Unwritten Tales, The
Broken Sword 2 - Remastered + The Original Game
Broken Sword 3 - The Sleeping Dragon
Broken Sword 4 - The Angel of Death (Secrets of the Ark)
Broken Sword - Director's Cut + The Original Game
Cat Lady, The
Costume Quest
Dark Eye - Chains of Satinav, The
Dark Fall 2 - Lights Out
Dark Fall - The Journal
Deponia
Deponia 2 - Chaos on Deponia
Deus Ex 2 - Invisible War
Deus Ex GOTY Edition
Divine Divinity
Divinity 2 - Developer's Cut
Dragonsphere
Earthworm Jim 1 + 2
Edna & Harvey - The Breakout + Harvey's New Eyes
Eschalon - Book I
Eschalon - Book II
Flight of the Amazon Queen
Gabriel Knight 2 - The Beast Within
Gabriel Knight 3 - Blood of the Sacred, Blood of the Damned
Gabriel Knight - Sins of the Fathers
Gemini Rue
Geneforge 1-5
Gothic 2 Gold Edition
Gothic 3
Gothic 3 - Forsaken Gods Enhanced Edition
Heretic Kingdoms - The Inquisition
I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream
Icewind Dale 2 Complete
Icewind Dale Complete
In Cold Blood
Inquisitor
Invictus - In the Shadow of Olympus
Ishar Compilation
Jack Keane
Jade Empire - Special Edition
Kingdom - The Far Reaches
Lands of Lore 1+2
Lands of Lore 3
Last Express, The
Legend of Kyrandia, The (Book One)
Lionheart - Legacy of the Crusader
Little Big Adventure 2 (Twinsen's Odyssey)
Longest Journey, The
Lure of the Temptress
Machinarium - Collector's Edition
Miasmata
Might and Magic 6-pack - Limited Edition
Might and Magic 7 - For Blood and Honor
Might and Magic 8 - Day of the Destroyer
Might and Magic 9
Myst 5 - End of Ages (Limited Edition)
Myst - Masterpiece Edition
Nancy Drew - Curse of Blackmoor Manor
Neighbours From Hell Compilation
Neverwinter Nights - Diamond Edition
Penumbra Collection, The
Phantasmagoria
Phantasmagoria 2
Planescape - Torment
Realms of Arkania 1+2
Return to Krondor
Return to Mysterious Island
Richard & Alice
Riven - The Sequel to Myst
Sacred Gold
Sam & Max Beyond Time and Space
Sam & Max Save the World
Sam & Max - The Devil's Playhouse
Scratches Director's Cut
Septerra Core - Legacy of the Creator
Shattered Steel
Sherlock Holmes - Secret of the Silver Earring
Silver
Soulbringer
Spellforce 2 - Dragon Storm
Spellforce 2 - Shadow Wars
Spellforce Platinum
Stacking
Still Life
Still Life 2
Syberia
Syberia 2
Temple of Elemental Evil, The
To The Moon
Tyrian 2000
Ultima 9 - Ascension
Uru - Complete Chronicles
Vampire The Masquerade - Redemption
VR Soccer '96
Warlords Battlecry
Warlords Battlecry 2
Whispered World, The
Witcher 2 - Assassins of Kings, The
Witcher - Enhanced Edition, The
Wizardry 8

Needless to say, it cause a lot of issues with the downloader while checking if a game has its installer changed (only size & digital signature have been changed) , the lastest build number is reused :(
Post edited February 02, 2014 by DyNaer
Good work.
DyNaer: Since GOG is reluctant to post the list of the games which have their billboards changed ; (there are certainly more than that) . It's possible some have some fixes (like Divine Divinity).
Hi DyNaer,
thank you very much for doing what I expected from GOG.
DyNaer: Needless to say, it cause a lot of issues with the downloader while checking if a game has its installer changed (only size & digital signature have been changed) , the lastest build number is reused :(
Number of fucks given by GOG: zero.
high rated
Thanks DyNaer for compiling the list.
I'm keeping a link to your post so that I don't redownload them until there's some actual reason to do so.

Seems it's time to add another voice to the complaints regarding this issue, I think I'm going to contact GOG with some feedback.

Thiev: Large number of Windows installers will receive silent update in the upcoming days. There are no game content changes, just installers' (removed billboards of games no longer in catalogue).

What is deemed a minor change receive no notification. If said change does not involve game content whatsoever, the build remains the same version.

Yes, you don't like it. No, I cannot do anything about it.
Sadly, DyNaer did what GOG should have done - provide a list of games affected solely by the billboards change.
Can GOG at least tell us if there have been any changes other than the billboards to any of these and to which ones?
And if there are any others not in DyNaer's list?