It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Postal 2 has a new updated and enhanced version on Steam which the developers have kindly commented last year here on the GOG forums that it will be coming to GOG in the new year but there hasn't been any word yet of when we might see the drop. I'm kind of chomping at the bit to want to play it now as it's been so long and I'm curious about all the new stuff. ;oP Coolest thing ever that a developer is updating such an old game with new content and bugfixes, etc. so long after the game's original release.

Ok, back to biting my nails in anticipation! ;oP
As i said in the subforum :

Windows installers got remplaced, different size , different timestamp (in the digital signature tab)

any insights about such hidden changes. ?

I HATE , when the devs team, reuse the same installer version, it's just like GOG have something to hide :/
DyNaer: As i said in the subforum :

Windows installers got remplaced, different size , different timestamp (in the digital signature tab)

any insights about such hidden changes. ?

I HATE , when the devs team, reuse the same installer version, it's just like GOG have something to hide :/
Any chance of a full list of which ones you found out about? I'm now worried that not all mine are up to date now. :(
Large number of Windows installers will receive silent update in the upcoming days. There are no game content changes, just installers' (removed billboards of games no longer in catalogue).

What is deemed a minor change receive no notification. If said change does not involve game content whatsoever, the build remains the same version.

Yes, you don't like it. No, I cannot do anything about it.
Thiev: Large number of Windows installers will receive silent update in the upcoming days. There are no game content changes, just installers' (removed billboards of games no longer in catalogue).

What is deemed a minor change receive no notification. If said change does not involve game content whatsoever, the build remains the same version.

So won't like my answer aswell >.>

It's just not professional , wihtout a decent system update notification. And you expect we don't say anything. We resquested something decent about tracking the changes. I personnaly requested the stop of silent updates here & make some requests to the support since the introduction of the v2 installer. And you simply said the behaviour continues, it's just a bad joke :( .

"Removing billboard for games no more in the catalog" , sorry, but if the billboards didn't have been introduced in first place, you shouldn't have to do this now. You do realize, everytimes some games will be removed from your catalog you will have to do the same thing ? (at the rate you do this , it could be happend once a year) -> It's just fantastic for those who maintain a list with accurate informations (md5 sums and such) ; and from what i observed with the downloader : it adds chunks to the lastest "version", not sure if it's a good thing....

And after the long process to updating all games to the v2 installers; you prepare to do another change (which is hidden),. This behaviour occured once in the past , i though you learned from your mistake, but obviously no. see my topic here : http://www.gog.com/forum/general/gogs_massive_silvent_update_game_list/page1

and the post from TET (which seems to be the same thing, you prepare to do) http://www.gog.com/forum/general/gogs_massive_silvent_update_game_list/post39

It's like, nodody read my request or ignored it.

And yes , you can do something, posting a list about the games affected : It's the bare minimum for the customers

right now, i don't want to buy anything from GOG. :/

ps : nothing personnal.
Post edited January 29, 2014 by DyNaer
Thiev: Large number of Windows installers will receive silent update in the upcoming days. There are no game content changes, just installers' (removed billboards of games no longer in catalogue).

I for one am happy about this. Got sick of checking for what updated to only find minor changes which didn't affect content (fixes etc)
Niggles: I for one am happy about this. Got sick of checking for what updated to only find minor changes which didn't affect content (fixes etc)
i clearly doesn't, they created this situation with the "billboards" in the installers.

second, if i didn't noticed the change in Divine Divinity this wouldn't have been mentioned (almost sure ; last time it wasn't)

third , with the non-existence of a decent tracking system or whatever something similar, it's just ridiculous....

If your are happy with the accumulation of above things , well good for you .....
Post edited January 30, 2014 by DyNaer
Personally, I'd like to see a change log for each game linked either on the gamecard page or, even better, from the game shelf in My Account. That way, when there is a change, you can click the link and see the installer version number and what has changed, and then you can make an informed decision as to whether you re-download or not.

EDIT: They could even just add a change log text file to the game extras.
Post edited January 30, 2014 by korell
Thiev: .

This is what the water company told me when I called and said "my pipes are frozen and there's no water in the toilet but my wife just pooped, WTF should I do, I don't want to see that shit!"
Hello Judas/Thiev,
So you guys (GOG) have apparently been testing the release of "Journeyman Project: Pegasus Prime" this month for Presto right? Can you tell us how goes it? Is it set for release next month?
I'm not pointing the finger, but can we keep this thread on track and discussing only the topic subject - "What did just update?" ?

Thanks folk :)
Post edited January 31, 2014 by ConnieThunder
JudasIscariot: Yes, yes we are but it takes time for it to travel across the ocean :/
Another week has passed. Are they still rowing or should we send rescue team?
I've just got a flag for Anomaly. I'm not sure but I think it's about FLAC soundtrack
Post edited January 31, 2014 by Ghorpm
JudasIscariot: Yes, yes we are but it takes time for it to travel across the ocean :/
tburger: Another week has passed. Are they still rowing or should we send rescue team?
Actually, I just got a notice that it has landed in eBay's shipping center and once I reply with the necessary details the manual may or may not arrive in 10 business days :)

I say may or may not due to the fact that every dang time I stick to one thing something goes pear shaped ...
JudasIscariot: snip
So - I consider it settled . Thx :-D