It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Get Mystery Games in Leprechauns’ Hats • 300+ deals up to 90% off

UPDATE: The Sale is coming to its end and Daedalic's catalog joins in for the final stretch, alongside steampunk dungeon-crawler Vaporum. Make sure to snatch your Leprechaun hats and sweet deals until March 19, 11pm, everyone!

Oh, Paddy, dear, an' did ye hear the news that's goin' round? It's the start of the GOG.com St. Patrick’s Day Sale, lasting the whole week, I found!

Come join the festivities - we’re launching with 300+ deals up to -90%, and Leprechaun Hats full of great Mystery Games!

Since we’re all Irish this week, how about having some fun, and checking what the GOG Leprechauns have for us, hidden in their mystery Hats! Every Leprechaun Hat contains a Mystery Game that you don't own yet – it's a great way to discover something new and broaden your horizons. What's more, those Mystery Games that are also on sale cost more than the cost of a Hat, so you know you’re getting a great deal with every Hat you open. Check the FAQ for details.

And if you don’t trust in what the mischievous GOG Leprechauns will pick for you, choose from more than 300 deals, with discounts ranging up to -90%. We’ve selected for you some all-time classics, as well as the best games from recent years including Little Nightmares (-50%), Ys SEVEN (-25%), ABZU (-50%), Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines (-75%), Pillars of Eternity: Hero Edition (-40%), STAR WARS: Knights of the Old Republic II (up to -75%), Yooka-Laylee (-66%) and many more.

The GOG.com St. Patrick’s Day Sale will last until March 19, 11pm UTC.
No warning on repeats?
PainOfSalvation: No GOG Connect either
Pheace: First thing I checked :p

Weren't Mystery purchases refundable?
I think they are in a way you could get a gift code if you don't like the game or money back to GOG wallet.
Pheace: First thing I checked :p

Weren't Mystery purchases refundable?
BeatriceElysia: Yes they are and more: you can ask for giftable keys instead.
You got to contact support first, but they are quick about it.
That doesn't sound that bad then.

Not a fan of the random format myself. Always got the impression these kind of sales usually had some great games available at the beginning so people get hyped and then either just get filtered out or rarely given out. (not talking GOG experience here)

Would be great if sales like this showed exactly which games you could win, how many copies were left if some are at risk of running out and your percentage chance to win each game.
Post edited March 12, 2018 by Pheace
Ilona: Dear GOG - Add Hide owned games filter on front page PRETTY PLEASE !
It hurts my eyes to browse the huge wall of colorfull mess of owned games .
+1 to this! ^
low rated
Wishmaster777: It's very simple - if you don't want to buy a mystery hat then don't do it.
ciemnogrodzianin: That was my opinion until I've noticed that GOG manipulates regular discounts to make those Mistery Boxes more attractive.

By the way, I'm not going to touch my wallet without reading RWarehall's spreadsheet.
Good. Now that you think they do discount manipulations stay away from the mystery hats, and the problem will be solved.
Bought 3 hats one by one, got 2 repeats (gift codes).
Wishmaster777: Good. Now that you think they do discount manipulations stay away from the mystery hats, and the problem will be solved.
Not sure if you've got my point. I'm always away from random boxes. The problem is that event seems to affect the shape of regular sale, which I hope I'm allowed to complain.
low rated
Wishmaster777: Good. Now that you think they do discount manipulations stay away from the mystery hats, and the problem will be solved.
ciemnogrodzianin: Not sure if you've got my point. I'm always away from random boxes. The problem is that event seems to affect the shape of regular sale, which I hope I'm allowed to complain.
So, you are complaining, because you are unable to dictate the discount prices.
Watcha smokin'?
Get a job, get some money, host a website where you sell video games, then dictate the discounts.
Problem solved. :-)
Ilona: Dear GOG - Add Hide owned games filter on front page PRETTY PLEASE !
It hurts my eyes to browse the huge wall of colorfull mess of owned games .
You can do that with the user-made add-on script Barefoot Essentials. I highly recommend it, in addition to Adalia Fundamentals.
high rated
lostwolfe: (...) terrible layout [again]? check. (...)
Could you elaborate a little bit more about this, please? What's so terrible and why?
you guys need to fix GOG Galaxy. what's the point of buying games, when i cant even connect/stay online. It connects sometimes(1 out of 10 tries) and then randomly disconnects. been using the .37 version then changed to BETA, seems a bit better, but not by much.

not sure what's going on, but it's been like that for over two weeks now. :/
No.
Finally got the GOG version of Dying Light! Not the historical low, but I'm fine, thanks guys!
Don't gamble if you don't want to.
high rated
lostwolfe: (...) terrible layout [again]? check. (...)
Chamb: Could you elaborate a little bit more about this, please? What's so terrible and why?
before i get started in on this, i want to thank you both for responding and for taking the time to read this. it has been something i have come back to time and time again with each sale that has this layout, so i appreciate that you are actually listening.

---

the whole layout amounts to visual stew.

to you, perhaps, it is easy to sift through the tiles to find what it is you're looking for. to someone else, it is a clunky mess of looking at the tiles, mousing over them to figure out what the stars mean. checking the right hand bottom of each tile to see if you own something [or don't own it.] - and every day, when the sale rolls, it's a new [and frustrating] task to see what's been added to the sale.

i have asked [and will continue to ask] for this same setup in a list form [in the same way as the wishlist is structured.] you already have the technology. i just wish you'd use it:

new to the sale? mark it with a "new" label and a slightly different colour and add it to the top of the list.

on my wishlist? mark it with a "wishlist" label and add a slightly different colour and add it /just/ below the new items. [or, if you want to do this properly, add it in it's own section, like you do with "already owned" products so that it's visually separate.

already owned? mark it with "owned" and a slightly different colour again and bump it to the very bottom of the list [preferably in it's own, separate section like you already do for weekly sale items we already own.]

all of this could also use the sorting features you already have on-site for other list pages, but added as a link to the sale page so that those of us who prefer lists can look at it this way.

i understand.

you don't want people to be rational when it comes to sales, so you dress them up as pretty as you can and the tile concept falls right into that "prettifying" notion.

but we are customers of yours. we want to give you money. but sometimes, the way you present the sales makes it very difficult.

---

again, i want to thank you for taking the time out to read this and i hope other people will chime in with their feedback, also.
Post edited March 12, 2018 by lostwolfe