It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

ZFR: Why do you think it matters so much whether he could visit same person twice or not?
Cadaver747: 1. because they might have a modified "bite" ability (vampire but with death outcome) and visit the same player to kill him faster
That seems really oddly specific.
ZFR: I still don't see why we should wonder about it now. We'll cross the bridge when we get there. At the moment let's try and lynch scum.
Let's, but can the scum and neutrals be part of the same evil (also neutrals have access to scum chat)? That's why.

And it's hard, at least for me, to tell who is scum, there are 2 lurkers, 2 suspicious players, 1 overly active one, you and SPF.

I will provide my analysis, I think we all will eventually.
Cadaver747: Let's, but can the scum and neutrals be part of the same evil (also neutrals have access to scum chat)? That's why.
There is a name for those neutrals who can kill townie and have access to scum chat: scum.
Cadaver747: 1. because they might have a modified "bite" ability (vampire but with death outcome) and visit the same player to kill him faster
A_Future_Pilot: That seems really oddly specific.
Oh yes. I should provide more variety like: the kiss of death, soul sucking, ass raping till death, brain f@cking, telefragging (yes, that's probably it).
Vampire lord is the only thing I heard of and I like the "bite" thing because it's kinda mystical and scary, possesses ones are also fall into that category.
EBWOP:
Additionally: as we know they are compulsive visitors with modified something-something.
I just can't think that they are just visit and watch their non-neutral players. They must do something sinister, maybe breaking into their heads through dreams or something. I'm so sorry that I used a term "bite" it was definitely out of place.
For some reason I think (or hope) that this "modified" ability leads to victim death.
ZFR: There is a name for those neutrals who can kill townie and have access to scum chat: scum.
Carradice was lynched, he was a neutral. Is it possible that neutral IS the mafia?
OK, let me rephrase it. I'm aware that the knowledge of the answer can be useful to Town, but what is the purpose of asking those questions?

The only ones who can answer it are Lift, Carradice and possibly another neutral and/or Mafia. Do you expect Lift to explain his setup? Or Carradice to answer from the dead? Or a neutral to go "yes Neutrals can kill because I'm a vampire too?"? Or a Mafioso to say "nope, I can assure you that Mafia exists besides neutrals; I should know because I'm one."?

In general "Neutral" refers to non-Mafia roles. But Lift said there could be a twist; so... who knows?

There might be a time later when discussing mechanics might help Town get more info. That time is not now. Now is the time to hunt scum: i.e. people who can kill Townies at Night. However they're called.
ZFR: There might be a time later when discussing mechanics might help Town get more info. That time is not now. Now is the time to hunt scum: i.e. people who can kill Townies at Night. However they're called.
I didn't know that this is not the proper time to discuss such things. When is, if I may ask?

As for the scum hunting, you provide your analysis, AFP as well. I expect we all do the same on our behalf later on.
Do you have any other suggestions?
Cadaver747: Let's, but can the scum and neutrals be part of the same evil (also neutrals have access to scum chat)? That's why.

And it's hard, at least for me, to tell who is scum, there are 2 lurkers, 2 suspicious players, 1 overly active one, you and SPF.

I will provide my analysis, I think we all will eventually.
There has only been one instance that I can ever remember where a true neutral was on a scum team at the same time, and it is a game that ZFR hosted so I'm not sure why he felt he couldn't answer you. Joe and gogtrial were Lovers with no true alignment to Town or Mafia. I was Mafia and I was told Joe was my teammate so he had access to our chat, but in reality he was working with gogtrial (who also had access to our chat). Other than that I've never seen a Neutral have access to scum chat. Also, Lovers are not typically neutral in alignment but in this instance they were.

So no, a neutral will not typically have access to scum chat. If it is the case this game that a neutral does we will find out once it's over.

So it seems the two leading wagons are zazak and gogtrial. My opinion is still the same on zazak and I will not be voting him, and I would still prefer GameRager (but I don't see that happening today), so let's put some more pressure on gogtrial and see what he has to say.

Unvote GameRager
Vote gogtrial
trentonlf:
Thank you for the info on neutral / scum part. Could you please point me to that very game, I'd like to check how it was played out.

@All
It's L-2 situation, please be VERY careful.
PookaMustard: Trent brings up the "Oh well" part of your post and translated it into not caring about whether a lynch happened or not, but I see it as "GR just being GR."
Well at least someone else got all that...though as always I must still suspect everyone at least a little bit....no hard feelings, eh? :D
========================================

zazak09: An active player can often provide more insight by being allowed to stay in the game.
And if scum they could be a threat to town.

Leaving players in just because they contribute a good amount of posts is not a very good reason, imo.
=========================================

ZFR: OK, I did a re-read of the thread, ignoring zazak.
Care to explain why?

(Also lol a bit)

ZFR: Looking at gogtrial's end of yesterDay behaviour, it seems very strange. Whether 20, 30 or 50 posts per page, post 300 is the last he saw. So why hop prevoiusly to Carradice to "balance the wagons" then seeing posts 298 and 299 (I specifically quoted Carradice to give him a notification, in case Micro didn't quote him) asking for a claim, why put Carradice at L-1. Why risk a quickhammer, accidental (from a newbie) or otherwise? When there is clearly enough people online to ensure no lynch doesn't hapen. He did mention in post 296 that he would do it, but... why exactly?

I also don't like his vote on Cavender's wagon today.
You make some good points that echo some of my own feelings on the matter.....I have been contemplating voting them for a bit of time now....dunno which way to go, though.
=========================================

Cadaver747: What is the problem to ask politely every person to claim at L-2 at the end of the day (a few hours before the end)?
It's better to do such things(push suspects to claim if need be) with enough time on hand so they can get online and read/reply, and also so that people can change their votes if need be.....doing so too close to deadline doesn't seem like a good idea, generally.
==========================================

2. because they might confuse the town watchers, if there are any
3. ???
4. profit
This made me laugh(the south park reference)....thanks for that.
------------------------------------------------

Cadaver747: @All
Agreed....we have plenty of time for gogtrial to post some more so I am willing to give them a chance to post in defense of themselves.
============================================

Done for now...not voting yet, as gogtrial is likely to be my vote and he is at l-2 &I don't want to bring him close to hammer while we have plenty of time still left to post/discuss.

Might vote later on if his future posts don't sound good enough and we get too close to deadline.

Have a good one, and stay safe/well, ya'll.

(@OP: None of the above is a vote)
zazak09: I do find the Cadaver vote suspicious, but it's not convincing enough for me yet. We're better off going after someone like Microfish, whose participation is inconsistent and many players have scum read at one point.
Hint: if you read my games, you find many people find my playstyle to be scummy to some degree or other, yet I have never been scum.

More later, if Lift allows.

++++++++++++++++++++

A_Future_Pilot: My theory is that you saw these chats, and then in addition interpreted LFR's post to be agreeing (the same way I did), and then you slipped up by talking about how multiple people believe it even though there weren't any posts (outside of the supposed day-chat) that would indicate that.
Please explain who LFR is? Thank you.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

A_Future_Pilot: 1. If gogtrial is scum, and there was discussion in day-chat about how his actions made him look scummy, then yes, I could see his early attacks on the three of you being an attempt to draw attention away from gogtrial (however, to then be the first to cast suspicion at gogtrial publicly doesn't make sense...)

The whole misunderstanding around the end of day and hammering happened within an hour (according to GOG's "posted 23 hours ago" thing). It's quite possible that no one was available on day chat through all that, or that they were continuing to let him flounder as has been their modus operandi (assuming this whole scenario is the case, which admittedly is becoming more and more of a stretch).

2. In my experience lurkers become less lurky as the game wears on. I don't think it makes sense to not lynch a scummy player just because they're active (although an argument can be made that more active players will have more opportunity to seem scummy - hence LAL).

If he's not scummy enough to convince you yet, that's totally reasonable, but hopefully if a wagon gets rolling on a scummy player you'd choose lynching them even if they're active rather than contributing to a no-lynch.

3. Contrariwise, I'd be totally fine hopping on a wagon against Microfish or trent, the two lurkiest players to date AFAIK.
1. Daychat was a surprise to have last game, I don't see it being a thing 2x in a row. The odds are against it, unless it fit Lift's mood when he was making this game.

@ZFR could tell you probabilities of "how common daychat is, what the probaility of having daychat 2x in a row is" and then ding me for trying to use the setups of previous games to determine likelihoods of how this game is setup. :D :D

That being said, I'm not buying your daychat argument for other reasons.
Cadaver reads as town, though major Kudos to SirP for noting that Cadaver was not yet doing analysis on his vote history posts, just compiling them.
I find it more likely to be nightchat and oh, trent, you and ? being in a team together. Those names are suppositions and examples, not even FoS's.

2. Agree with you here.

3. *raises eyebrows*
+++++++++++++++++++

>>>>>>>>>>Note, I lost my mental notes and don't feel like rereading tons just to hopefully recompile them. I should maybe type them out, but meh.

++++++++++++++++++
I am reading SirP as town, which, coupled with his agreeing with ZFR so much makes me read ZFR as "town-by-extension." Maybe they are on different teams but for now I am leaving them town.

GR is lurkier (and since autocorrect doesn't know that word, I'll use the desired replacement) and murkier than I am, I think.

++++++++++++++++++
A_Future_Pilot: snip
I have never been scum, but from a town perspective, if all of the talkative townsfolk are defunct, the game drags on with suspect players running the show, and has a chance at becoming boring. (See the last days of game 64 and the content output per day once talkative players were removed from play.) Those who are lurky by default don't seem to always step up and take the place of the talkative folk. Sometimes this happens, but sometimes we just end up slogging along without any info.
On the contrary to all of this is my pet theory that when you have multiple scum, one will be trying to lead and direct the convo while another hides in the BG going with the flow, posting little-in-comparison-to-the-aforementioned-Director-of-Conversation-Scum.
+++++++++++++++++
I need to get back to hunting penguins from my hang-glider which is floating over the Amazon.

It has been two days now, and
FoS GameRager and Pooka

+++++++++++++++++
ZFR: But then there is no way that same buddy wouldn't have explained to him that me not hammering was natural.
So, you use a screwdriver to pound nails? :O

[gotta go, read through 482
Microfish_1: Hint: if you read my games, you find many people find my playstyle to be scummy to some degree or other, yet I have never been scum.

(snip)

I have never been scum, but from a town perspective.....
While I don't currently suspect you, you DO know that that doesn't mean anything, right? One could never be scum then be scum in the next game, and the reverse as well(never be town then be town the next game).

Microfish_1: GR is lurkier (and since autocorrect doesn't know that word, I'll use the desired replacement) and murkier than I am, I think.
Lol and o.0

Microfish_1: It has been two days now, and
FoS GameRager and Pooka
If you skimmed the thread first you'd notice that I posted recently.....post 505, in fact. :)

Also keep your fingers away from me plz....don't know where they've been, after all. ;D
trentonlf:
Cadaver747: Thank you for the info on neutral / scum part. Could you please point me to that very game, I'd like to check how it was played out.

@All
Game #55
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/gog_mafia_55_trouble_at_arstotzkan_boot_camp/page1
trentonlf: There has only been one instance that I can ever remember where a true neutral was on a scum team at the same time, and it is a game that ZFR hosted so I'm not sure why he felt he couldn't answer you.
I did answer him exactly that:
"In general "Neutral" refers to non-Mafia roles. But Lift said there could be a twist; so... who knows? "

My point is it's useless to expect to get an answer now.

But hey, let's try:

@Lift: Is Neutral Mafia and Mafia Neutral?

trentonlf: I didn't know that this is not the proper time to discuss such things. When is, if I may ask?
When we have enough information to actually get an answer?

But hey, knock yourselves out. I'm done with this. You go ahead and discuss your vampires.
trentonlf: I would still prefer GameRager (but I don't see that happening today)
I've had GameRager in my town-pile since early yesterday, so haven't been really examining him much, but I guess my reason for having him so depends on WIFOM. Could you recap what your reasons for suspecting him were? (No worries if not, then I'll go back to read him tonight when I have time.)
I've been thinking lately that I really don't like the way he's constantly going "oh, maybe I'll vote later", without going on the record. (Sure, in this instance it's probably beneficial to me personally, but it's very much not beneficial to town for him not to put his money where his words are.)
I suspected early today that there was probably one scum hiding on zazak's wagon, and thought it was ZFR, but maybe not...