It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

DRM-free approach in games has been at the heart of GOG.COM from day one. We strongly believe that if you buy a game, it should be yours, and you can play it the way it’s convenient for you, and not how others want you to use it.

The landscape has changed since 2008, and today many people don’t realize what DRM even means. And still the DRM issue in games remains – you’re never sure when and why you can be blocked from accessing them. And it’s not only games that are affected, but your favourite books, music, movies and apps as well.

To help understand what DRM means, how it influences your games and other digital media, and what benefits come with DRM-free approach, we’re launching the FCK DRM initiative. The goal is to educate people and ignite a discussion about DRM. To learn more visit https://fckdrm.com, and share your opinions and stories about DRM and how it affects you.
Crosmando: Like what, Handball?
nightcraw1er.488: I would have gone with egg and spoon race, budum bah!
No, for real there's a game called Handball and it has Denuvo, and it's yet to be cracked!
Apparently there's a new wonder group of crackers calling themselves FCKDRM. They are using GoG's logo (the FCKDRM one) for their group. I suspect there will be a lot of confusion with some thinking GoG is responsible for this group.
low rated
Enebias: Well, if you want to do damage craking them early is the best way.
Pheace: So it's not about game preservation then, it's about a resistance to DRM because... issues?
Why do you care about selfish carnts that hate liability and paying taxes?
In a case that I have lost my job or that I need to make strong a cutout, I will have no internet. DRM fucks in this situation. Thanks Gog.com and to the developers who believes in the gamers!
You can add Steam's shameless censorship of customer's bad game reviews critisizing DRM, spyware, malware and embedded crypto-jackers to the list...

[url]http://steamcommunity.com/games/593110/announcements/detail/1808664240333155775/fbclid=IwAR3qhJjU12pF64B9J_uxdvXDML_rOQNydBdjoveSY3yMGv3CANORGxhjTNA[/url]

Congratulations, Gog! You have just won my customer loyalty by default!
Post edited March 24, 2019 by user deleted
ShawnHopscotch: You can add Steam's shameless censorship of customer's bad game reviews critisizing DRM, spyware, malware and embedded crypto-jackers to the list...

[url]http://steamcommunity.com/games/593110/announcements/detail/1808664240333155775/fbclid=IwAR3qhJjU12pF64B9J_uxdvXDML_rOQNydBdjoveSY3yMGv3CANORGxhjTNA[/url]

Congratulations, Gog! You have just won my customer loyalty by default!
you do realise they do not remove the review-bomb reviews? they just do not let them count towards the score. so there is no censorship there, really.

edit- and I am not sure what this has to do with DRM, so a bit confused why it is posted in this thread....
Post edited March 24, 2019 by amok
amok: I am not sure what this has to do with DRM, so a bit confused why it is posted in this thread....
Actually Valve said that reviews about DRM and/or EULA would not be considered as valid and would not count towards a game score.

Sorry, I do not have the source anymore (it was linked in another thread on GOG forums).

-----

I found the source:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/valve_takes_a_piss_on_what_you_think_about_drm_and_eula/post12
Post edited December 05, 2019 by vv221
amok: I am not sure what this has to do with DRM, so a bit confused why it is posted in this thread....
vv221: Actually Valve said that reviews about DRM and/or EULA would not be considered as valid and would not count towards a game score.

Sorry, I do not have the source anymore (it was linked in another thread on GOG forums).
yes? and if gOg said reviews which does not deal with the game itself do not count towards the score on gOg - is it DRM?

or do you mean it is valid is it is one of the review topics they consider contextual (i.e. not part of the actual game) is about DRM? so it is not about DRM, but about discussions about DRM. Anyway, they let the reviews stay, they do not remove them. All they have said is that they no longer let review-bombs dealing with contextual topics influence the game score.
Post edited March 24, 2019 by amok
amok: (…)
I updated my previous post with a link to the post quoting the relevant part of the Steam announcement ;)
vv221: I updated my previous post with a link to the post quoting the relevant part of the Steam announcement ;)
and I edited my a bit, hope it is clear
To be honest, I’ve no real opinion about Valve’s move.
I’m not a Steam user, nor a Steam reviews reader, so it doesn’t affect me at all.

I posted this only to give some context to ShawnHopscotch post ;)
vv221: To be honest, I’ve no real opinion about Valve’s move.
I’m not a Steam user, nor a Steam reviews reader, so it doesn’t affect me at all.

I posted this only to give some context to ShawnHopscotch post ;)
fair enough, no problem
I think that GOG should focus more bringing more indie games (and more games in general) instead of worrying about the DRM on other sites.

GOG's broken curation system (and broken people who create it) are far more dangerous to the future of this site.

The number of games rejected by the so called "curators" is appaling and they continue to allienate good game developers from this site.
ChrisGriffin: I think that GOG should focus more bringing more indie games (and more games in general) instead of worrying about the DRM on other sites.

GOG's broken curation system (and broken people who create it) are far more dangerous to the future of this site.

The number of games rejected by the so called "curators" is appaling and they continue to allienate good game developers from this site.
What's the number?

I guess this is a perfect example of the expression "Your mileage (kilometers?) may vary".

For me, I can think of a literal handful of indie games I feel should be here that were rejected (or I have to assume were rejected). I'd rather have more "old games" from the last 10-15 years, that have been kept prisoner behind Steam DRM despite being "old news" at this point.

I still think GOG's biggest strength is being the largest DRM-free store that is also curated. I wouldn't want it to turn to itch, but your mileage may vary. It's really a tragedy what happened to PC gaming in the last 10-15 years in that there are such few options for anyone who wants DRM-free gaming.
ive always been anti DRM as i mfrom a generation where DRM hardly existed, as a kid in the 80's and 90's all i did was walk into a store and buy it there was no accounts or clients i needed to setup even on PC, it was justp ut disk in and play.

DRM exists in my mind to combat piracy and it fails hard ive seen countless 0 day releases of games just with a search online, ofc i havnt downloaded any illegal games cos id rather get them here on GOG,

in all honesty though i was actually thinking at one point to pirate sniper elite v2 and v3 cos i thought they would never come to GOG and im glad i never pirated them cos after watching rebellions developer stream a few weeks back, they announced the sniper elite v2 remaster would be coming to GOG so i cant wait for that.

but DRM is getting out of control and this new GOOGLE STADIA which sounds more like a UEFA football team than a gaming streaming service needs to be boycotted and stopped as soon as possible, we didnt think anything of steam back in the day and look at it now, so its time to slay this tiny puppy before it grows into an ugly cerberus.
Google stadia will obviously require a google account to login and play so they can get more data on people and gamers, and also the fact that if a service like this takes off it will be bad news for game shops in town like game,gamestop and others and used game stores online.
microsoft is already thinking about cloud gaming for there next console! so we need to boycott cloud gaming service as these are the enemy of gamers and anyone who doesnt have a fast internet connection will not be able to play

fuck DRM and fuck google stadia