It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

GenlyAi: ...
Nice game, outstanding atmosphere. Have fun!
Thank you @swr2048 and @zeogold for Wargame: Red Dragon!
bjgamer: we'd prefer to request a game we'd actually play and a good introduction to the HOG
zeogold: Tell you what, I'll ship you over a copy of Time Mysteries: Inheritance - Remastered. It's an Artifex Mundi game and pretty much a classic example of what their games look like (hidden object combined with some light point-and-click puzzling). Not too taxing, albeit from their early years and thus a bit less polished than some of their stuff. Pretty much something to get your feet a bit wet and see if you like that sort of gameplay.
If you do enjoy it, the Mystery Case Files series is pretty much the best of the best in the genre. I've yet to come across anything that's ever topped Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove.
Thank you zeogold for Galactic Civilizations II: Ultimate Edition, and thank you liamphoenix for donating it.

Special thanks zeogold for helping us out with finding an introduction to the HOG genre with Time Mysteries: Inheritance. It looks like an interesting one to start with and I have to admit while Syberia looks good I was reluctant to request another game (even daggered) from the GOG Community giveaway before it can be restocked a bit more. :)

Thank you MarkoH01 for donating Time Mysteries: Inheritance and giving the wife and I a chance to try out a genre we have not experienced before. :D
bjgamer: Thank you MarkoH01 for donating Time Mysteries: Inheritance and giving the wife and I a chance to try out a genre we have not experienced before. :D
Hope you have dusted it off before playing. It has been in this giveaway for quite some time and nobody wanted it. But it probably now feels good to be adopted in the end and it will shine just for you and your wife :)

Enjoy the game. I know I did. These HOG are quite inetersting especially for people (like me) who don't have that much time on their hands. You will be able to play such an HOG between two other games and some of them have really good stories and some nice point and click in them. Some even give you the option to play another mini game instead of the HOG sections. I have to confess that I don't play them for the HOG sections (which I find a bit boring myself) but for the "point + click light" sections and the story. The one you just got is a three parter as far as I remember - the story continues in the other parts even though the story is still sort of concluded in this one as well.
bjgamer: Thank you MarkoH01 for donating Time Mysteries: Inheritance and giving the wife and I a chance to try out a genre we have not experienced before. :D
MarkoH01: Hope you have dusted it off before playing. It has been in this giveaway for quite some time and nobody wanted it. But it probably now feels good to be adopted in the end and it will shine just for you and your wife :)

Enjoy the game. I know I did. These HOG are quite inetersting especially for people (like me) who don't have that much time on their hands. You will be able to play such an HOG between two other games and some of them have really good stories and some nice point and click in them. Some even give you the option to play another mini game instead of the HOG sections. I have to confess that I don't play them for the HOG sections (which I find a bit boring myself) but for the "point + click light" sections and the story. The one you just got is a three parter as far as I remember - the story continues in the other parts even though the story is still sort of concluded in this one as well.
You might like this bundle, 5 proper point and click adventure games and a load of HOG games

https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/dollar-viva-bundle

Personally I tried one HOG Artifix Mundi game and didn't think the story was comparable to a good point and click adventure game.
MarkoH01: ..
supplementscene: You might like this bundle, 5 proper point and click adventure games and a load of HOG games

In case somebody is interested in some games of this bundle - wait a little bit.
I just sent 19 leftover keys to zeo.
supplementscene: Personally I tried one HOG Artifix Mundi game and didn't think the story was comparable to a good point and click adventure game.
Artifex Mundi is just the publisher. The games can be quite different in their quality. Myfirst HOG was Dark Arcana and I was quite impressed for a game I did not expect anything from. Of cousre a good point and click will always have the better story and gameplay- Like I said, I consider those to be adventures light :)

Regarding the mentioned bundle: thank you for pointing it out. However I already still have a lot of Artifex Mundi HOG I wanted to play and I also try to buy only Steam games that can also be played without the Steam client (which is the case for each Artifex Mundi game so far).
supplementscene: You might like this bundle, 5 proper point and click adventure games and a load of HOG games

gixgox: In case somebody is interested in some games of this bundle - wait a little bit.
That's kind of you. Is there Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island amongst those by any chance?
gixgox: In case somebody is interested in some games of this bundle - wait a little bit.
supplementscene: That's kind of you. Is there Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island amongst those by any chance?
Yes, it is.
supplementscene: Personally I tried one HOG Artifix Mundi game and didn't think the story was comparable to a good point and click adventure game.
MarkoH01: Artifex Mundi is just the publisher. The games can be quite different in their quality. Myfirst HOG was Dark Arcana and I was quite impressed for a game I did not expect anything from. Of cousre a good point and click will always have the better story and gameplay- Like I said, I consider those to be adventures light :)

Regarding the mentioned bundle: thank you for pointing it out. However I already still have a lot of Artifex Mundi HOG I wanted to play and I also try to buy only Steam games that can also be played without the Steam client (which is the case for each Artifex Mundi game so far).
When it comes to 'adventure light' I quite like games like The Charnel House Trilogy and The Samaritan Paradox. Short, not too difficult but with engaging stories that can be played in an afternoon

I looked at Dark Arcana and I don't think it's for me, I'm quite reliant on narative/character for my adventure enjoyment. The game I played was Clockwork Tales of Glass and Ink. The puzzles were quite enjoyable but the story didn't have much too it.
supplementscene: That's kind of you. Is there Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island amongst those by any chance?
gixgox: Yes, it is.
Great that's the one remaining game I wanted from this bundle.

Zeogold if it doesn't mess up your system can I please request Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island?
Post edited February 27, 2018 by supplementscene
kmcoolice: I see a lot of games with daggers so I would like to add to my collection "Silence of the Sleep" (†) .

Also can I have H1Z1?
Granted.
Take the Trickster Crate as well.
MarkoH01: I have to confess that I don't play them for the HOG sections (which I find a bit boring myself) but for the "point + click light" sections and the story. The one you just got is a three parter as far as I remember - the story continues in the other parts even though the story is still sort of concluded in this one as well.
If that's the case, I recommend taking Namariel Legends: Iron Lord from the list. The entire game is pretty much nothing but light point-and-click.

That's a pretty good bundle...I think, like, half the stuff in there is on my wishlist.
Do you know how long it stays up? I can't seem to find that info.
Edit: Nevermind, found it right there staring me in the face.

supplementscene: Zeogold if it doesn't mess up your system can I please request Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island?
Heh. A bit of a different request, but I'll allow it.
Granted.
Post edited February 28, 2018 by zeogold

I considered buying the bundle just to send him all the keys.

For amusement, mostly. ;)
Thank you swr2048 for H1Z1 and thank you MarkoH01 for Silence of the Sleep. Big thank you as always goes to zeogold.
Can i ask for Rivals of Aether and Marooners?
I would like to respectively request Nostradamus: The Last Prophecy and Namariel Legends: Iron Lord.

What is this talk of "point and click light"? When we point and click we do it hard, that's how we roll;)