Howdy, folks, and welcome to the next incarnation of The Community Giveaway, a tradition carried on by the handsome IAmSinistar, the lovely moonshineshadow the Puzzlemaster zeogold, and now finkleroy!
zeogold no longer has enough free time to administer the giveaway, so he's passed the torch to me. The previous thread can be found here
. Please either set your chat settings so that you can chat with everyone or add me as a friend. zeogold has also transferred The Community Giveaway - Non-GOG Edition to me. Many thanks to zeogold for keeping both giveaways alive and well over the years. I intend to keep the giveaway running the same way it has been. Please feel free to suggest ways to improve the giveaway, but at this time no rule changes are planned.
Please send all donations for both giveaways directly to me and let me know what platform the keys are for. The Non-GOG edition of the giveaway can be found here
I've decided not to say "you're welcome" every time someone thanks me. Instead I'll say it right here and now. To everyone who has thanked me in the past and to everyone who will thank me in the future, you're welcome!
PLEASE READ THESE BEFORE ASKING FOR ANYTHING.
1. If you donate a key to this giveaway, you're leaving who gets it FULLY UP TO MY DISCRETION. If you'd like to pick and choose who gets what yourself, you'll have to open up a giveaway of your own. I will no longer be requesting games or accepting nominations people make for me for this giveaway. My wishlist is public, and anyone can buy me a game from it, if they so wish.
2. Reputable members ONLY are accepted. By "reputable", I do not mean having a high rep, but having an active presence in the community. Who I deem reputable is AT MY DISCRETION.
As a general guideline, you must have a non-recent registration and have been actively participating in the community for at least a month or so. I WILL BE THE JUDGE on whether you are reputable enough or not.
3. You will be banned from this giveaway if:
- you are rude
- you are on the Known Scammers list or have otherwise been shown to be an alt account/impersonator/troll
- you lack meaningful community participation (which usually means that most of your participation is taking from giveaway threads)
- you knowingly give empty/false/unusable codes
All blacklistings are, again, AT MY DISCRETION.
4. No code-dropping of any sort. Please. I know you mean well, but I'd rather you donate to this giveaway.
5. If you wish to make a donation, please send me a chat message containing the keys and let me know what platform the keys are for. You will receive full credit for your donation and your name will be added to the list of donors. You may, however, request to be anonymous, and I will honor this request.
6. Nominating other members is allowed and encouraged. The nomination will only be accepted if the nominee falls within the terms of this giveaway. If a key is granted to a nominee, it will count toward their monthly limit. The nominee has a week to claim the game before it is up for grabs for everyone else again. If somebody has been nominated for a game, the game will be removed from the list until either redeemed or a week has passed. If you do not wish to receive nominations, either leave a request in the thread or PM me and you'll be added to the "No Nominations For Me Now" list in the third post. If you wish to be removed from this list, let me know in the same manner.
You are limited to making one nomination per update and two total nominations per month. If the nomination is declined by the nominee or by me because it would exceed their monthly limit, it will still count toward your limit, so please check the list of users who have received a non-daggered game during the current month to ensure that the nomination would not exceed their monthly limit, and if you have the ability to see what games are in their library, please ensure that they do not already have the game. All posts that include a request or nomination will automatically be declined if they have been edited for any reason, even if it's because the GOG forum merged two of your posts.
7. The limit is one game per month. Exceptions are made for games with a dagger symbol (†), which indicates that they were given away en masse for free sometime in the past. The giveaway goes by calendar month. The beginning of each month is at midnight on the first of the month in the Pacific time zone. When daylight saving time is inactive, this time zone is called Pacific Standard Time (PST). When daylight saving time is active, this time zone is called Pacific Daylight Time (PDT). Please note that daylight saving time begins and ends at different times in the United States than it does in Europe. A good website that explains time zones is timeanddate.com
8. Keys are first-come, first-served.
9. Some games are on a multi-game code. If given such a code, only redeem the game(s) you were granted. IF YOU VIOLATE THIS RULE, YOU WILL BE PERMANENTLY BANNED FROM THE GIVEAWAY. NO MORE SECOND CHANCES.
10. NO FEEDING THE TROLLS! In the event that a scammer or troll DOES arrive (and I have no doubt that they will upon seeing the very title of this thing), DO NOT PROVOKE THEM! I know who they are. You know who they are. Leave them be. I will NOT allow this thread to be derailed into a discussion about scammers. If you're concerned that they're a scammer and I'm not noticing it, notify me via PM rather than clogging up this thread, please.
11. Ask in the thread. No requesting via PM unless you've already requested in the thread and I somehow missed it (which is unlikely since I'm on this forum a lot and this is one of the threads I lurk on frequently).
12. All keys for all platforms are accepted. If you wish to donate any key, please PM it to me and let me know what platform the key is for. I now run both the Non-GOG edition and the GOG edition of the community giveaway. The Non-GOG edition of the giveaway can be found here
13. Please refrain from editing a post that includes a request. Please carefully consider what you want to request before you request it. If you need to change your request, please wait until at least 10 minutes after you made your original request and post a new message. If you post before 10 minutes have passed, the forum will automatically merge the two posts, which will result in an edited post.
14. I've decided not to take pre-requests for nominated games because people will see it's been nominated, know that their request will be denied and not bother requesting it. Then someone else will come along and pre-request it, and I don't think that's exactly fair. I know zeogold took pre-requests for nominated games, so I've decided to make this an official rule. If the nomination isn't accepted within a week, it will be first come first serve from that point.
15. If you are granted a game, it is customary to thank the donor either in public, in private, or both. If you see that someone has not thanked the donor in public, please don't assume they didn't thank them in private. This is more of a general guideline regarding etiquette than an official rule that is set in stone. I want to make sure our donors know that they're appreciated, but I don't want to force anyone into thanking the donor in public, and I want to try to avoid any possible tension that may arise from someone assuming that someone else is being ungrateful.
16. You are only allowed to request keys for yourself. Every granted key must be redeemed by the account that requested it. If you would like to request a key for a friend or family member, they need to meet the eligibility requirements and you need to nominate them for it. If the giveaway grows to the size that it probably wouldn't be a huge deal if this rule is removed, we can talk about removing it. In the meantime, if the giveaway stays at its current size, I think it's only fair that donors know that the keys they're donating are going directly to the people who are requesting them. If a donor notices that a key they donated was redeemed by a different account than the one that requested it, please let me know about it via PM. We'll all have to have a chat about what happened, and I'll take it on a case by case basis. If there are repeated issues with the same user breaking this rule, it will lead to them being banned from the giveaway.
17. If a game's DLC is listed alongside the base game, you're free to request just the DLC. The only way it would be required to be a packaged deal is if it's requested by the donor. When this happens, I will make a note of it on the list. This is true of all keys, including the daggered keys that include tons of games. If you'd only like one or two games, that's fine.
18. Donors are welcome to check if a key has been redeemed by the user who requested it. If a key has not been redeemed, and it has been at least 72 hours since the key was granted, the donor is welcome to contact me. Upon being notified by the donor, I will notify the giftee that they must redeem the key within one week from that moment. If they fail to do so, the key will be returned to the giveaway.