It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Enebias: Hm... why don't we change the rules to solve troubles, so that everyone might agree?
Something like this:

-all games are updated at the beginning of each month, those requested are given away solely at the end;
-you can request up to three games per month, but you can win only one;
-if more than a person asks the same game in the same order of preference, the winner is randomly chosen;
-if someone breaks the rules, they are banned for the month.
Except those rules wouldn't solve troubles, but create more. Not only random choosing will be additional work, but also it would be harder to make a choice, knowing that the game you requested can be taken away by someone else due to "dice roll".

As someone who also live in inconvenient time zone, I've also missed quite a few games because of the update timing. But I've come to think of it as acceptable downside for being able to request a game and know that I'll get it if no one else asked for it earlier.
I nominate The_Vityaz for The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav
BeatriceElysia: Yep!
51nikopol: Why do new people who ask for a game that is not on the list get told off but this is O.K.? And then you get the game you begged for. I think the word you used is shameful and I agree.
1: I think you are being unfair likening BeatriceElysia to a game beggar, while she has donated games here.
2: then you do the same?

Anyway, there is a thread for asking for games, so aspiring donors can see requests there, and maybe check if the requesters still want the game:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_gog_community_gifting_thread
bler144: I do agree the wishlists are problematic, though I'm not sure it matters all that much in this context. If you get nominated for something you aren't actually serious about in this GA, it's easy enough to decline. The game remains on the gift list right where it was.
So I don't really see the problem here.
There is none. I just wanted to point out that the wishlist itself might not be an actual alternative to get the game you want from this giveaway since without telling anybody that you really would like THAT particuilar game people won't know. They might now it is one of many but it's up to luck if they actually would nominate you for this one when it has arrived to the pool.

bler144: I think the bigger danger with the lack of tiers on the wishlist is that someone may go around randomly gifting you things off your WL unprompted outside of any organized event entirely, and then what do you do? I'm serious here - if someone looked at your list of 68 WL games...
Hey, stop looking at my wishlist! ... wait ... I invited you because I made it public .. nevermind :)

bler144: and decided to gift you one at random...and they gift you something you don't even really want, that's both non-optimal for both parties and potentially a bit awkward. "Oh thanks, but I didn't actually want that one!"
It's not optimal, I agree. One could decline and ask the person that wanted to gift you the game to ask for a refund but that would also be a bit akward for both sides. However, as I said, I need the wishlist to make up for GOGs stupid website and game browsing options. I personally use Adalia Fundamentals which actually offers the possibility to show which games you really want and which one you are just watching ... however only people who also use this script can see this ... so yes, not optimal. Luckily for me the gifts I received were always very welcome. I completely see the problem here though.
Post edited April 18, 2019 by MarkoH01
MarkoH01: snip
;)
bler144: I'm serious here - if someone looked at your list of 68 WL games and decided to gift you one at random...and they gift you something you don't even really want, that's both non-optimal for both parties and potentially a bit awkward. "Oh thanks, but I didn't actually want that one!"
Indeed gog wishlist is problematic, I would assume that most recent adds on the wishlist are most wanted, but there is many ppl that add games just to remember that they want to check it someday.
I kind of like steam wishlist because at least you have some control over it, for example my 1st 25 games on steam are most wanted games and all others are just interesting one that waiting for good sale/bundle/or whatever. :)
But it's not like they will change something anytime soon...
Hi,
if it's still available, could I have "Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers " ?

Thanks
low rated
snip-
moved to gifting section, since i needed something outside the available inventory of keys.
Post edited April 19, 2019 by 7PCGamer
7PCGamer: does anyone have a spare GoG key for
Chronicles of Riddick Escape from Butcher Bay

thanks.
Please familiarize yourself with the purpose of a thread (generally found in the very first post of the thread, as is the case here) before posting in it. This request is off-topic for this thread. You might want to have a look at the gifting thread instead.
bler144: I'm serious here - if someone looked at your list of 68 WL games and decided to gift you one at random...and they gift you something you don't even really want, that's both non-optimal for both parties and potentially a bit awkward. "Oh thanks, but I didn't actually want that one!"
Trid: Indeed gog wishlist is problematic, I would assume that most recent adds on the wishlist are most wanted, but there is many ppl that add games just to remember that they want to check it someday.
I kind of like steam wishlist because at least you have some control over it, for example my 1st 25 games on steam are most wanted games and all others are just interesting one that waiting for good sale/bundle/or whatever. :)
But it's not like they will change something anytime soon...
THIS. Going by methodology of "most recently added games are the most wanted" would actually be the biggest mistake in anyones life. Right after pressing big red button that says "DO NOT PRESS". I add games to GOG wishlist as soon as they are available, so this makes it very hard to determine what is wanted more without talking.
I would like to nominate Korotan for Craft the World.
high rated
ariaspi: Since no one seems interested in Sir, You Are Being Hunted, may I ask for it, please? :)
Granted.
powergod: Hi,
if it's still available, could I have "Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers " ?

Thanks
Also granted.
nikzeo: hi. can i have Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers?
I can't find any posts on the forum from you aside from this one. Hang around the place a while and come back after you've been more active.
Denied due to lack of participation.

51nikopol: Syberia 3
Take my advice, Syberia 3 is AWFUL. If you liked the first 2 Syberia games, definitely do NOT play it because it ruins the memory of them. I can send you my full review on it, if you like, but there's a lot of reasons that it's an absolute wreck of a game.

Enebias: Hm... why don't we change the rules to solve troubles, so that everyone might agree?
Something like this:

-all games are updated at the beginning of each month, those requested are given away solely at the end;
-you can request up to three games per month, but you can win only one;
-if more than a person asks the same game in the same order of preference, the winner is randomly chosen;
-if someone breaks the rules, they are banned for the month.
Mmm...I could theoretically do this, but it would:
1. be a bit more work
2. inevitably leave a pretty high amount of people who end up getting nothing in comparison to how it works currently - if there are 3 really popular games on the list, people would bank all their requests on those alone and then leave the less-popular games completely, whereas they might have normally taken those less-popular games at the end of the month after seeing the more-popular ones gone

51nikopol: Why do new people who ask for a game that is not on the list get told off but this is O.K.? And then you get the game you begged for. I think the word you used is shameful and I agree.
Dogmaus: 1: I think you are being unfair likening BeatriceElysia to a game beggar, while she has donated games here.
2: then you do the same?
1. I mean, being a donor doesn't absolve someone of everything. I mean, Beatrice has also asked for Doc to donate specific games before, which didn't particularly go over too well either. I ain't perfect just because I run the giveaway, either.
2. I think he was being sarcastic/mocking with that, to be fair.

In regards to the whole "asking to be nominated for a game if it shows up on the list", in my opinion, I'm not really sure how to feel about being "in the spirit of the giveaway" or not, but I leave it up to the individual asking/potential nominators to decide that for themselves if they feel it's appropriate. If somebody gets nominated and they qualify for giveaway, that's enough for me to give it to them.
Post edited April 19, 2019 by zeogold
I'd like to request Hitman: Codename 47, please?
zeogold: Take my advice, Syberia 3 is AWFUL. If you liked the first 2 Syberia games, definitely do NOT play it because it ruins the memory of them. I can send you my full review on it, if you like, but there's a lot of reasons that it's an absolute wreck of a game.
You should accept that some things are really subjective. While I do agree that Syberia 3 will never be nearly as good as 1 and 2 and while I also would agree that they somehow transformed the main character into something she never was I would also not say that it is awful (except maybe for the many bugs regarding the poinmt and click controls they implemented after release that I experienced). It is different and in some regards it also is similar - the end is wide open (so that's definitely a minus) but by no means did I not enjoy the game.
Post edited April 19, 2019 by MarkoH01
high rated
andysheets1975: I'd like to request Hitman: Codename 47, please?
Granted.