It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Fairfox: i wondah if 1st cum 1st serve(d) fo' realz benefits this threadie
it just becomes who can look at list quick enuf
as some1 who occasional lee donates it dont seem in teh spirit of giveaway

just mah 2 cents
Agree with that...
I wouldn't mind the quick-as-lightning giveaway looters if they actually donated something in exchange, keeping the giveaway alive. Don't get me wrong, some actually do, but just a small part of them...
Anyway, thanks Zeogold and all the regular donors for keeping this working.

BTW, you just wrote cum (and made me write it too, against my will...)and Linko90 did nothing? XD

just mah 2 cents
Lone_Scout: Agree with that...
I wouldn't mind the quick-as-lightning giveaway looters if they actually donated something in exchange, keeping the giveaway alive. Don't get me wrong, some actually do, but just a small part of them...
Anyway, thanks Zeogold and all the regular donors for keeping this working.

BTW, you just wrote cum (and made me write it too, against my will...)and Linko90 did nothing? XD
I had donated keys in the past, but I gave up on that as people were fast as lighting to claim some good keys, basically leaving only daggered keys... keys that are seriously going to stay there. TBH, I understand why people won't take daggered keys, but I shy away from donating recent good game gift key - I will rather gather more keys and host a giveaway of my own choice.

just mah 2 cents
Yes, but Zeo tempers this somewhat, by instituting a one-month limit for everyone who successfully receives a game (you can only ask for a new game one month after you've received your current game, which also makes Cook, serve, delicious 2 still up for grabs at this time of writing as the current poster doesn't quite qualify). Also, you get to participate only if you have some level of activity in the forum (at Zeo's discretion).

So, even if one were fast, there is still a hard ceiling. You can be quick but you won't qualify for the rest of the games till later. If Zeo were smart, he'd spread out the games throughout the month (per expiry date constraints).
Post edited August 01, 2018 by Nicole28
Big thanks to zegold and Fonzer!
Can I ask for Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!! ?
BeatriceElysia: I had donated keys in the past, but I gave up on that as people were fast as lighting to claim some good keys,....
Ah, you made me feel guilty asking for Trine 2 last June :( As previously stated, it was on my wishlist so I couldn't resist it the moment it was listed as I didn't asked for anything previous May.
Hopefuly next real major sale I can pay it forward in this thread.
high rated
Nicole28: Yes, but Zeo tempers this somewhat, by instituting a one-month limit for everyone who successfully receives a game (you can only ask for a new game one month after you've received your current game, which also makes Cook, serve, delicious 2 still up for grabs at this time of writing as the current poster doesn't quite qualify). Also, you get to participate only if you have some level of activity in the forum (at Zeo's discretion).

So, even if one were fast, there is still a hard ceiling. You can be quick but you won't qualify for the rest of the games till later. If Zeo were smart, he'd spread out the games throughout the month (per expiry date constraints).
Right, Zeo's work in this giveaway is most appreciated, along with the generous donations of everyone, and that's why I think we should do some extra effort to keep this alive. However, the position of Beatrice or Fairfox can be easily understood. When you kindly donate just to see your gift taken away by some lurker, and don't have any opportunity yourself to get anything because you aren't quick enough (new games last no longer than an hour before anyone asks for them, apart from some oldies, that will be left until day 30th or 31st of the month, and then someone will take them because there's no better loot around until next month), you get the feeling that something isn't working as it should, and you are just giving things to a few scavengers.

That would be easily balanced with:

1. A bigger number of donations. But with donors just growing tired of the situation and leaving and many people not donating anything at all the amount of available games gets scarcer every month. Therefore, I ask again for some extra donations. Even cheap $1 games are appreciated.

2. Responsible taking. Having something for free doesn't mean you must get it. Before asking for anything, take a moment to consider if that's a game you'll really enjoy or you are just growing your library for no reason. If you really wish it, go for it. If not, someone else probably will, so please be kind and step aside.
BeatriceElysia: I had donated keys in the past, but I gave up on that as people were fast as lighting to claim some good keys,....
zlaywal: Ah, you made me feel guilty asking for Trine 2 last June :( As previously stated, it was on my wishlist so I couldn't resist it the moment it was listed as I didn't asked for anything previous May.
Hopefuly next real major sale I can pay it forward in this thread.
No need for feeling that way. I just feel some people are way to fast and that's not entirenly fair.
Post edited August 01, 2018 by BeatriceElysia
Nicole28: Yes, but Zeo tempers this somewhat. [...] Also, you get to participate only if you have some level of activity in the forum (at Zeo's discretion).

So, even if one were fast, there is still a hard ceiling. You can be quick but you won't qualify for the rest of the games till later.
Basically, this. It is for active community members, and one per month, so quite some limits already. Maybe someone will nab a good key right away, but it's still just the one that month (sure, can be hours apart if in the last moments of one month and first ones of the next, but that'd still make no others in both those months then), and it won't be some new user or someone just looking for giveaways. There's no luck of the draw involved and not with some other more or less creative conditions, but something of a reward for active members, out of what other members donate.
Due to how the community... devolved, and how the donations got reduced as a result, that limit on nominations had to be instituted, as opposed to the pretty massive drives to search for donation recipients back in the days when moon was running this, when you had several lists of dozens of recipients each posted quite frequently and there were still plenty of titles to go around. But I'd say that should be about it, requests from active members within the one per month limit shouldn't be changed or the whole spirit of this will be harmed.

Edit: Well put by Lone_Scout too. Even better even. No imposed limits, just being... gentlemanly about it overall. Which is something those who would fit the active community member description should generally be anyway.
Post edited August 01, 2018 by Cavalary
depanza: Thanks to UncleColdBeer for the Dungeon Keeper Key and to Zeo as always for hosting this giveaway.
Sure, hope you have fun becouse the game is awesome.

Also if you find the game aged poorly for your liking, try KeeperFX mod for it. Works well with GOG version and refreshes the experience a bit. Be aware that it changes the balance in many levels on top of all that cool stuff added.
Yup, thanks UncleColdBeer for Dungeon Keeper !
And helpo1 for Dragonspehere as well.
And zeo as usual, of course !
high rated
I would like to add my 2cts to this whole ninja getting good games thingy if I may.

I don't really see any problem the way zeo is running the giveaway now. As it has been said, one game per month is quite a strong limit so it's still quite fair. Of course some people have more time to watch this thread and therefore might get some donated games faster than others but that's just life. Also there is no alternative at all. One cannot expect anybody to take note about the value of a game at a certain point and also make sure that the one that did get a high priced game last month won't receive another this month - that's far too much work for a host and it will end in discussions when people are feeling to be rejected incorrectly. The rules are stated in the OP and imo they are enough to keep this friendly and fair.

I also would never think about this as being a kind of trading thread. When I donate here I don't expect to get any game back. Not now and not in the future. It's a donation and if that makes somebody happy I am happy too. Nobody is forcing anybody to donate anything so I don't see a problem here as well.

Keep in mind that this is just MY opinion and with my thoughts I don't want to tell anybody that a different opinion would be wrong at all.
Pouyou-pouyou: Yup, thanks UncleColdBeer for Dungeon Keeper !
And helpo1 for Dragonspehere as well.
And zeo as usual, of course !
You're welcome. Have fun!
MarkoH01: I would like to add my 2cts to this whole ninja getting good games thingy if I may.

I also would never think about this as being a kind of trading thread. When I donate here I don't expect to get any game back. Not now and not in the future. It's a donation and if that makes somebody happy I am happy too. Nobody is forcing anybody to donate anything so I don't see a problem here as well.
Problem isn't lack of so called 'trading' - it's a lack of meaningful keys donation. There was one nice key donated in sea of daggered keys and it's already taken...
It's not like I would ask for one. I'm not interested in Cook Serve Delicious 2 since I got it blindly (I wasn't aware which game I'm redeeming) from discord. I got steam key and never played it.

but I'm just agreeing with Fairfox and making my own point - it's not really polite, but currently there's no better alternative ideas for gifting.
BeatriceElysia: but I'm just agreeing with Fairfox and making my own point - it's not really polite, but currently there's no better alternative ideas for gifting.
There never will be a better alternative ... not just currently. As I said - it's pretty much impossible to do it differently if you want to keep such a thread friendly.

The problem is not that the rules are wrong the problem is that we simply don't have enough donators anymore. The pool more or less consists out of daggered games aka freebies. Sonating those for most people is not a big deal. The people who gifted and donated here in the glory days of GOG have already left GOG which is a petty but unfortunately true. I remember when there was insomnia sale (I guess it was in 2014 or even earlier) and people gifted left and right just because they could and because it was fun. I had to reject a gifted game because I already got it gifted from another. People helped others to get their game so they won't miss it. It was great and it was then when I learned that gifting can be a really fun thing - it feels good to help others.
Post edited August 01, 2018 by MarkoH01