It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

In my personal experience, I made some public giveaways and donated a few keys to the Community GA (mostly in the pre-Zeo era though, most users today couldn't possibly remember).
I stopped because at best 2 people out of 10 played what they asked for, and I found that extremely offesnive. The games could have gone to someone who -like me now- does not have a buck and would have really enjoyed them. Making it a backlog item is shameful.
That's why now, when I can afford it, I make only gifts to people I know.

Edit: to solve the problem, maybe instead of first come-first served we could make a list of who asked for what and extract someone randomly at the end of each month?
I have personally no problems right now, but in case many ask for change, that might be a suggestion.
Post edited August 01, 2018 by Enebias
Enebias: I stopped because at best 2 people out of 10 played what they asked for, and I found that extremely offesnive. The games could have gone to someone who -like me now- does not have a buck and would have really enjoyed them. Making it a backlog item is shameful.
That's, IMO, the main problem now. There's so much urge to take the best part (or at least a part) of the monthly loot, that some people don't really appreciate what they're being gifted.

Still, I think the rules and the giveaway itself are OK. But a change of attitude would make some good.
depanza: Thanks to UncleColdBeer for the Dungeon Keeper Key and to Zeo as always for hosting this giveaway.
UncleColdBeer: Sure, hope you have fun becouse the game is awesome.

Also if you find the game aged poorly for your liking, try KeeperFX mod for it. Works well with GOG version and refreshes the experience a bit. Be aware that it changes the balance in many levels on top of all that cool stuff added.
I will give it a try, ive played this game before in older systems many years ago. I believe it will be nice to play it again. Thanks!
Can I have Dragonsphere?
Alexim: Thank you zeogold and _mz_ for the games!
If the new month has started, I can ask for Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!!?
glad you like the game.. have fun :)
high rated
I follow two simple rules:
- I only take a game if I know I can start playing it within a week.
- Not matter if I like the game a lot or not I try to do my best and finish it – that’s the best way to say "thank you" to the donor. Then I write a few sentences about my experience in "Game finished" thread and notify the donor about it.
I don’t really have a backlog - I rarely have more than five unfinished games so I really don’t feel guilty of abusing someone’s generosity. Getting a game and letting it collect virtual dust would be an insult, playing the game and letting know the donor how much fun I had - I believe that’s what’s this giveaway about.
Ghorpm: I follow two simple rules:
- Not matter if I like the game a lot or not I try to do my best and finish it – that’s the best way to say "thank you" to the donor. Then I write a few sentences about my experience in "Game finished" thread and notify the donor about it.
I don’t really have a backlog - I rarely have more than five unfinished games so I really don’t feel guilty of abusing someone’s generosity. Getting a game and letting it collect virtual dust would be an insult, playing the game and letting know the donor how much fun I had - I believe that’s what’s this giveaway about.
Well said!
high rated
In regards to the whole first-come-first-served thing:
Personally, I feel that it works ok the way it's currently set up. While fortune admittedly favors the fastest, the one-a-month limit keeps things a bit fairer, as Nicole already mentioned. If you do take that shiny new game you see, if something better comes along, it's going to somebody else.
I'm not doing it raffle-style, that's far too much work and better suited for a personal giveaway than something like this.

The way I see it, the only way the problem of the good stuff being snapped up could be alleviated is if there were more donations. Back when Moonshineshadow was running the show, I recall that there were perpetually a bunch of top-notch games on the list for weeks at a time to the point that they had to run around and find people to take 'em. Plus, this ain't quite like the non-GOG edition where there's usually tons of keys because they're leftover from bundles. Here, if anybody's dropping anything off, they usually spent the money JUST for the giveaway. As Cavalry has pointed out, a lot of the people who would hang around and plonk down a good $20 a sale for this purpose aren't really around anymore (although I must say, we have some amazingly generous donors still with us today).

I don't really see any way I can change things as they currently stand, though I do understand the complaints. Lone_Scout pretty much said it all best.

By the way, I'd like this opportunity to send a thanks yet again to all the donors who make this thing possible and keep things running. The fact y'all are just like "yeah, lemme throw down this money to give to strangers on the internet" says a lot, you guys keep the giveaway swingin' and the community jumpin'.
Post edited August 02, 2018 by zeogold
Ghorpm: I follow two simple rules:
Haven't paid much attention for that kind of threads (well, if you're talking about "Games Finished in 2018"). Will keep it in my mind. Thanks.
Alexim: Thank you zeogold and _mz_ for the games!
If the new month has started, I can ask for Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!!?
erbello: Hello.
So, with the new month, can I kindly ask for Project Zomboid?
Have a nice day :)
Rosalumina: Can I have Dragonsphere?
All granted.

AliensCrew: Can I ask for Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!! ?
'Fraid you're too late, amigo.
Anything else you fancy?
Post edited August 02, 2018 by zeogold
DampSquib and Zeogold - thank you very much for the game :)

Have a nice day :)
I'd like to ask for Sudden Strike 2 Gold to join my GOG library, please?
I'd like to nominate kmcoolice for SWAT 4: Gold Edition.
Post edited August 02, 2018 by finkleroy
I'd like to bashfully ask for Celestian Tales: Old North, if it's still up for the giving.
I'd like to request Way of the Samurai 4.