It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

monkeydelarge: Your body needed some vitamin K... Whenever your body needs something, you start to crave foods that contain what your body needs. :)
VABlitz: That has to be it, I always seem to need lots and lots of chocolate.
I'm not talking about foods like chocolate, potato chips and cupcakes, smart ass.
VABlitz: That has to be it, I always seem to need lots and lots of chocolate.
monkeydelarge: I'm not talking about foods like chocolate, potato chips and cupcakes, smart ass.
I know, I was just being a little cheeky.
VABlitz: You're probably pregnant.
Ha, I knew that someone was gonna make the easy joke when I posted that ;).

monkeydelarge: Your body needed some vitamin K... Whenever your body needs something, you start to crave foods that contain what your body needs. :)
I tend to eat a lot of salads though, and take a multivitamin.It should be mentioned that these are not just ordinary pickles, but are in fact "Zesty" with hot peppers mixed in. Yum.
Why does this world have so many people who go around, treating innocent people like shit or just challenging innocent people into a fight and then when you stand up against them, they act like they are innocent and you are the one who is the big bad bully? Why do so many people unleash verbal abuse on innocent people and then when the innocent people point out that they are being verbally abused, the abusers deny it and say it's just their imagination? So many people nowadays = no accountability. That is the problem. So fucking annoying...and I'm sick of it. Going to live the life of a hermit as soon as I have enough $$$ to do so. It's also sad that in the year 2014, living the life of a hermit is a luxury. :( A thousand years ago, you could just pick a place in a forest near a river or lake, build a house, grow food and that's it. Today, you have to save up tons of money to buy land and save up tons of money to cover the property taxes for life, before becoming a hermit.
Post edited August 17, 2014 by monkeydelarge
monkeydelarge:
the systems in place are not there to accommodate you, they are meticulously designed for maximum exploitation. in short, 'it's a trap' a trap of debt, a trap that keeps you grinding the 9 2 5, a trap to feed your income upwards to the powers at be. you can't win, you can only try to minimize your losses, it's taken hundreds of years for them to figure out precisely how low to dangle that carrot but, they finally got it down to a science.

to only way to win is to not play.

firstly, explore your emigration options, the US is a terrible place for the non-wealthy. secondly, seek out housing alternatives, I strongly recommended goggling 'tiny houses', there is a true wealth of information to be found in regards to living outside the pitiless machinations of America's corporate oligarchy.

the bottom line to finding happiness in the US is establishing the balance in how much freedom you are willing to exchange for 'comfort'.
I initially wasn't going to post this,as I was afraid about how it was going to be received by others(the main reason I don't usually post much), but I'm so pissed off that I don't care anymore(and if I post it with a delay from the subject-matter, the reason was to see whether I'd cool down, but I didn't-I also don't care if nobody reacts to what I'm saying-at least I will have vented).
The subject at hand is the contribution in the forums, and , more specifically, a contribution I tried to make that ended up in vain. Here's what happened:
Yesterday, there was this thread(I prefer to keep things anonymous) where a link to some article in pdf format was posted. Only problem was the article wasn't accessible to people that weren't registered to the site. I knew of a site that had logins contributed by the site users and although I had an idea that this wasn't exactly what is accepted by people on this forum(it has nothing to do with piracy, but still, most people here are too strict concerning anything even slightly resembling to the grey area of the law), I decided to get the article anyways. I initially thought i'd tell people to get it themselves with this method, but then decided against it and instead posted a shortened link to the file via one drive(the initial link was too damn long!). I expected some form of thanks or something but here's what I got instead; the OP of said thread at first said my method wasn't exactly a good one(I was expecting that one, given the general forum stance) and then complained that he practically couldn't trust my link(I expected some thanks at least regarding the fact that I had just made the article accessible while before it wasn't). In particular, he worried because the link was shortened(understandable, given the fact that scam sites also use this tactic). Then another poster told him that the link was created by one drive itself like the youtu.be links etc. But still the OP was like he didn't feel like clicking it and he didn't want to see someone's one drive and such stuff. I sais that that file was the only one I had in my one drive and said that he couldn't see my one drive contents from the file anyways-I even posted a screengrab to prove that!
After all this, the issue wasn't continued(to my knowledge) but the OP still hadn't thanked me for my contribution(no matter how minor it may have been). All this left a bitter aftertaste to my mouth, as the whole situation was pretty irritating(just imagine the same thing happening in the physical world-that is, trying to help a neighbour or something only to get a fair amount of distrust and bitching instead of thanking-which was the polite thing to do, no matter whether he agreed with my method or not).
You may wonder what is my point in writing all this. Well, firstly I vented but also secondly wanted to raise an important question-the question of contribution in the forums. Everybody says that people need to contribute more instead of appearing only in GA threads. Well, why should somebody even bother bother to contribute if his contribution isn't going to be acknowledged by the community ?(I know I may sound entitled here and that religion-at least the christian one- says to contribute even without getting thanked, but still people in the physical world-my friends or my fellow students- thank me when I help them. Why should I remain silent then when some random person on the internet is ungrateful about me even trying to help(I could have done nothing of what I did, and I'd be better off after all).
Anyways, thanks for making the trouble to read all the way down here. If you made it this far, you sure are a champ at understanding! :-)
@Treasure: my reaction is not to get too attached to the reactions of just one person, how a single person reacts shouldn't be a measuring stick of the thankfulness or lack thereof of people on this forum.
monkeydelarge:
evilnancyreagan: the systems in place are not there to accommodate you, they are meticulously designed for maximum exploitation. in short, 'it's a trap' a trap of debt, a trap that keeps you grinding the 9 2 5, a trap to feed your income upwards to the powers at be. you can't win, you can only try to minimize your losses, it's taken hundreds of years for them to figure out precisely how low to dangle that carrot but, they finally got it down to a science.

to only way to win is to not play.

firstly, explore your emigration options, the US is a terrible place for the non-wealthy. secondly, seek out housing alternatives, I strongly recommended goggling 'tiny houses', there is a true wealth of information to be found in regards to living outside the pitiless machinations of America's corporate oligarchy.

the bottom line to finding happiness in the US is establishing the balance in how much freedom you are willing to exchange for 'comfort'.
I agree with you 100%. My eyes have been opened.
Just Women.

I now remember why I had a hiatus from dating. I thought I had a great date with a lady over the weekend. Now she is not returning email messages or texts, and not answering phone calls. If there's a problem the only way to solve it is to talk it out, and if that's the end of the relationship at least give the loser a Fuck Off message. And yes there was a minor little thing I probably should apologize for, but it's not something I can do without contact.
VABlitz: I now remember why I had a hiatus from dating. I thought I had a great date with a lady over the weekend. Now she is not returning email messages or texts, and not answering phone calls. If there's a problem the only way to solve it is to talk it out, and if that's the end of the relationship at least give the loser a Fuck Off message. And yes there was a minor little thing I probably should apologize for, but it's not something I can do without contact.
How long hasn't she been responding? (I figure like one day?) Maybe you're just pushing it too much and should calm down.
Post edited August 18, 2014 by F4LL0UT
F4LL0UT: How long hasn't she been responding? (I figure like one day?) Maybe you're just pushing it too much and should calm down.
No it's been a couple days, and no I haven't been spamming the inbox. We just usually talk at night and in the morning, so it's kind of unusual. I'll wait it out and see what comes of it and I'm not that stressed about it. I just really hate unresponsiveness. A little "I'm busy" text would have been nice.
VABlitz: No it's been a couple days, and no I haven't been spamming the inbox. We just usually talk at night and in the morning, so it's kind of unusual. I'll wait it out and see what comes of it and I'm not that stressed about it. I just really hate unresponsiveness. A little "I'm busy" text would have been nice.
I see. "Just women" indeed.
I don't like thieves. Unless I'm playing one in an rpg.
Ragnarblackmane: I don't like thieves. Unless I'm playing one in an rpg.
I agree. I hope that one day I wake up and hear on the radio that all thieves in the world have been found dead in a ditch at the same time and we can leave our doors open. I doubt it's gonna happen, though. Of course I'm exaggerating but my break-in last year has scarred me for life.

What happened to you that you're posting this?
thieves like us?