It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

HereForTheBeer: Incoming wall-o'-text bitch.
I often read your posts and wonder what type of machinery you install and maintain. I'd ruled out something mundane like HVAC or refrigeration as there's definitely someone nearer than the hundreds of miles you seem to travel. This post has more clues than usual. Now I assume it's machining of some sort, but 0.005" seems pretty average for a CNC mill or lathe, and too accurate for something like a 20-year-old waterjet.

Anyway, no need to reveal the secret. Maybe I'll be able to piece it together from your next story.
grimwerk: I often read your posts and wonder what type of machinery you install and maintain. I'd ruled out something mundane like HVAC or refrigeration as there's definitely someone nearer than the hundreds of miles you seem to travel. This post has more clues than usual. Now I assume it's machining of some sort, but 0.005" seems pretty average for a CNC mill or lathe, and too accurate for something like a 20-year-old waterjet.

Anyway, no need to reveal the secret. Maybe I'll be able to piece it together from your next story.
You got me curious, so I googled +/-0.008" (0.2mm) machine and a bunch of possibilities came up.

Soooo...could it be Cold-Roll forming machine ? Whatever that is ?!! :)
grimwerk: I often read your posts and wonder what type of machinery you install and maintain. I'd ruled out something mundane like HVAC or refrigeration as there's definitely someone nearer than the hundreds of miles you seem to travel. This post has more clues than usual. Now I assume it's machining of some sort, but 0.005" seems pretty average for a CNC mill or lathe, and too accurate for something like a 20-year-old waterjet.

You have my curiosity up now, so I googled and many possibilities came up. Could it be:
A Cold-Roll Forming machine ?

(whatever that is ?)
Post edited June 09, 2014 by marianne
The thread I needed. I just deducted that the girl I was talking to on facebook probably was annoyed by me, and didn't say it. I kinda wish she did, would have saved me feeling like shit, and we exchanged 3000 messages. I left her a final message, and part of me hopes she actually enjoyed talking to me, and the cynic inside me goes against that. Oh well. I can live with
Seems trivial when I put it into writing, but hey, sometimes I just gotta let it all out. I feel better already
darthvader39560: The thread I needed. I just deducted that the girl I was talking to on facebook probably was annoyed by me, and didn't say it. I kinda wish she did, would have saved me feeling like shit, and we exchanged 3000 messages. I left her a final message, and part of me hopes she actually enjoyed talking to me, and the cynic inside me goes against that. Oh well. I can live with
Seems trivial when I put it into writing, but hey, sometimes I just gotta let it all out. I feel better already
Are you sure she was annoyed ? And then...how much annoyed ? And was it a temp thing or really bad. I hope your final message left the door open. 3000 messages are a lot, and this has obviously been going on awhile. Not like a few messages where you barely know each other. Maybe she will get back to you. If not, and it were me, I'd try again. Good luck. :)
Industrial woodworking primarily consisting of engineered sheet goods (MDF, particle board, veneered plywood, that sort of thing). These particular machines, however, are also used for plastics, light metals, circuit board blanks, sheet rock (gypsum), and other panel-type materials. Go to any decent-sized local cabinet shop and you'll see the type of stuff I work with.

Now, given that you can get only so much repeatable accuracy working with engineered wood panels, 0.008" isn't bad at all. And that it holds this tolerance after 20 years and three or four different installation sites is nothing to sneeze at. But 0.005" over a 96" (2.4 meter) stroke, even with the mostly-stable Lexan they work with, is asking too much. It doesn't help that that pieces are such thin strips over that 96" length.

Really wish they would have asked someone about its specifications beforehand. Doesn't help that this is their first major foray into machining.

Anyway, we'll see how it goes. Maybe I'm predicting a battle that won't occur, and that we'll instead come to an understanding about what is and is not possible for their application.
Been watching Doctor Who. I know that the series is as old as the oceans, but even so the Daleks are fucking retarded baddies. I just can't take the stupid Roombas seriously.
AlKim: Been watching Doctor Who. I know that the series is as old as the oceans, but even so the Daleks are fucking retarded baddies. I just can't take the stupid Roombas seriously.
You never watched Land of the Lost did you? I'm talking the original one from the 70s. Whenever the Sleestak attacked all they really ever did was an interpretive dance routine; curious strategy.
darthvader39560: The thread I needed. I just deducted that the girl I was talking to on facebook probably was annoyed by me, and didn't say it. I kinda wish she did, would have saved me feeling like shit, and we exchanged 3000 messages. I left her a final message, and part of me hopes she actually enjoyed talking to me, and the cynic inside me goes against that. Oh well. I can live with
marianne: Are you sure she was annoyed ? And then...how much annoyed ? And was it a temp thing or really bad. I hope your final message left the door open. 3000 messages are a lot, and this has obviously been going on awhile. Not like a few messages where you barely know each other. Maybe she will get back to you. If not, and it were me, I'd try again. Good luck. :)
Well... I think I was annoying, and since I sit next to her tomorrow I'll apologize for being a douchebag, then change the subject like a pro :). The final message I left I stated that I'm sorry if I'm overreacting (Probably am, lol). I think it was temporary thin I hope, and I can probably rectify it. I keep telling myself that she probably wouldn't talk to me if I annoyed her. I think I was just being to needy.
Ah well. I'll be able to fix it tomorrow I'm sure.
Thanks.
marianne: Are you sure she was annoyed ? And then...how much annoyed ? And was it a temp thing or really bad. I hope your final message left the door open. 3000 messages are a lot, and this has obviously been going on awhile. Not like a few messages where you barely know each other. Maybe she will get back to you. If not, and it were me, I'd try again. Good luck. :)
darthvader39560: Well... I think I was annoying, and since I sit next to her tomorrow I'll apologize for being a douchebag, then change the subject like a pro :). The final message I left I stated that I'm sorry if I'm overreacting (Probably am, lol). I think it was temporary thin I hope, and I can probably rectify it. I keep telling myself that she probably wouldn't talk to me if I annoyed her. I think I was just being to needy.
Thanks.
Aaaahhh...sounds like you may have crossed the line in the sand. From a female's perspective, no real damage done, it may have scared her. Best of luck
darthvader39560: Well... I think I was annoying, and since I sit next to her tomorrow I'll apologize for being a douchebag, then change the subject like a pro :). The final message I left I stated that I'm sorry if I'm overreacting (Probably am, lol). I think it was temporary thin I hope, and I can probably rectify it. I keep telling myself that she probably wouldn't talk to me if I annoyed her. I think I was just being to needy.
Thanks.
marianne: Aaaahhh...sounds like you may have crossed the line in the sand. From a female's perspective, no real damage done, it may have scared her. Best of luck
Sorta reassuring. Oh well. I'm sure my geeky charm will win her over haha.
I was settled for a nice evening (my wife is at her Yoga course) and finally finishing the 5th chapter of The Witcher so I could finally go on part 2 some day. Turns out, I was wrong. My little one is still not sleeping, up until now not even tried. And in a couple of minutes my wife will be back and then it's time for some shut-eye since I have to get up early.

Children are the most lovable pest.
toxicTom: I was settled for a nice evening (my wife is at her Yoga course) and finally finishing the 5th chapter of The Witcher so I could finally go on part 2 some day. Turns out, I was wrong. My little one is still not sleeping, up until now not even tried. And in a couple of minutes my wife will be back and then it's time for some shut-eye since I have to get up early.

"Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child" by Marc Weissbluth, my friend.
There are some as think that sleep training children is barbaric, but keep in mind, we barbarians are very well rested ^_^
toxicTom: I was settled for a nice evening (my wife is at her Yoga course) and finally finishing the 5th chapter of The Witcher so I could finally go on part 2 some day. Turns out, I was wrong. My little one is still not sleeping, up until now not even tried. And in a couple of minutes my wife will be back and then it's time for some shut-eye since I have to get up early.

Yep...Know what you mean....with 4 of them...*yawn*
AlKim: Been watching Doctor Who. I know that the series is as old as the oceans, but even so the Daleks are fucking retarded baddies. I just can't take the stupid Roombas seriously.
tinyE: You never watched Land of the Lost did you? I'm talking the original one from the 70s. Whenever the Sleestak attacked all they really ever did was an interpretive dance routine; curious strategy.
LoL. We used to call a guy I used to know Sleestack.

Been a while since I heard that term, that show was unwatchable IMO.
Summer is already annoying me... A week ago we had comfortable 22 or 23°C (73°F). Then, suddenly, the temperature jumped up to 32°C (88°F). Nothing wrong with that (occasionally), but... I know it won't get any colder during the next 3 1/2 months. Even worse, temperatures will rise further in a couple of weeks, with peaks of 40°C (104°F) -.-

I think I'll try to become a fish. Cool water everywhere... And when some fisherman manages to catch me, they'll put me on a bed of crushed ice in our market hall. Doesn't sound too bad.