It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Stooner: my bike was stolen inside my house... 1st week after moving...
Dischord: Thieves, a collective bitch about life in general.

Shifty little farts who take things, sometimes without reason, that often don't have the intellect to use what they have stolen, more often don't have the skills to resell them at a value near their worth, and often end up wasting years of their lives in jail for something they could have worked for in days, weeks, or months.
We have a lot of meth heads around here. They typically rip off bikes because they don't want to walk wherever they are going. They have no intention of selling it, they just toss it into a ditch when they get there.

Only the guys with cable and lock cutters intend to resell.
high rated
orcishgamer: We have a lot of meth heads around here. They typically rip off bikes because they don't want to walk wherever they are going. They have no intention of selling it, they just toss it into a ditch when they get there.

Only the guys with cable and lock cutters intend to resell.
Not too many meth heads visible around here yet, but seems they bust alot of labs out in the rural areas not far from me. Theft always conjures up memories of me loading up a car with people, taking them to places they otherwise would not have been able to get to, then noticing that the cigarette lighters in the back were stolen days later.

It happened a couple of times with different sets of people, cheap souvenirs I guess, as none of the people that were in the car owned cars to even use them in.
Well well well well.

I have 3 or 4 steam games. Wanted to launch one today (haha). Steam client didn't work. At all. So, no steam-related game worked at all. Tried to "repair" steam client from install site. Didn't work (installed always stopped for failing to find some help.url file). So, uninstalled and reinstalled client. That was fast and easy.

It uninstalled all my steam-related games.

Seriously. Fuck steam. And, as an bonus option, disembowel all steam fanboys and steam coworkers.
Telika: Well well well well.

I have 3 or 4 steam games. Wanted to launch one today (haha). Steam client didn't work. At all. So, no steam-related game worked at all. Tried to "repair" steam client from install site. Didn't work (installed always stopped for failing to find some help.url file). So, uninstalled and reinstalled client. That was fast and easy.

Seriously. Fuck steam. And, as an bonus option, disembowel all steam fanboys and steam coworkers.
Next time save the game data folders/settings files from your old install(in a new location on your HDD to avoid them being overwritten) before re-installing Steam. You can then just copy the files back to your new Steam installation and keep your saved games/settings/etc.
Yeah I might do that.

Though, to be fair, steam uninstalled the games without losing the saves. Upon reinstallation, I was able to resume the games from where I used to be...
I miss the old GOG .

I waited impatiently for the new releases of every Tuesday and Thursday but now i'm just checking the front page of the website then close it . :(
Can we have a "nice things about life in general" thread or do I need to ease up on my Prozac?
tinyE: Can we have a "nice things about life in general" thread or do I need to ease up on my Prozac?
Try this.
tinyE: Can we have a "nice things about life in general" thread or do I need to ease up on my Prozac?
Telika: Try this.
XD Yeah, well that was a super popular thread! Another one of my suggestions bites the dust. I guess I'll get back to work on that idea I had for using sheep's bladders to prevent earthquakes.
Telika: Well well well well.

I also had the "bootstrap does not work blaa blaa blaa"-problem a couple of days ago just like many other Steam users seemed to, but I did find one suggested fix that worked for me:

- From your Steam installation folder, delete everything else _except_ the steamapps-folder, and steam.exe. Everything else, just delete.

- Run steam.exe, log in, let it update, blaa blaa blaa. It re-downloaded all those deleted Steam files, and I didn't have to redownload any of the games.

So fortunately there was a quite simple, albeit not so obvious, fix for it. But it did remind me how volatile my Steam game collection is, if there are hiccups with the client.

"So what, play something else in the meantime.". Yeah, like GOG games... :)
Boy I just can't find the energy to start any of the games in my ever-growing pile of shame. I forced myself today to finally sit down with BG2:TOB. I have this old savegame where my party is stuck somewhere in the fire giant temple and the difficulty is just "too much" for a quick after work game. I'm tempted to start new RPGs all the time but I keep telling myself that I probably couldn't separate all the different stories in my head and therefore need to finally finish BG2 for good.

The last "game" I finished was Actual Sunlight. Yeah this did really resonate with myself. I have no energy in the morning to get up and it feels like I have even less energy when I come home from work after the usual 10h shift of failure.

-edit:

Oh god do I hate the people that tell you that you can do what you want with your life... that you could reach everything you really want to. This is bullshit. Obviously we can do pretty much of nothing with our lives. The only behavior that gets ever rewarded is doing what you don't want to. How is one supposed to "seize the day"? What does that even mean?

If I really would do what I want to I would be a big asshole in the view of others and people would very quickly start to put me to my place.
Post edited February 21, 2013 by itti
I'm pretty sure someone made a thread where one could/can list all the good things going on in their life. I forget the title, though.
GameRager: I'm pretty sure someone made a thread where one could/can list all the good things going on in their life. I forget the title, though.
:D someone resurrected it a few minutes after I posted. I was half joking but there is some nice stuff in there now regarding gyros and Saints Row among other things.
GameRager: I'm pretty sure someone made a thread where one could/can list all the good things going on in their life. I forget the title, though.
I think I may have made one a while ago, but that died pretty quickly. Apparently bitching is more satisfying. :-)
Here:
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/things_i_really_really_love