It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

orcishgamer: No, he's absolutely wrong, even in fucking massive airports you can walk for a solid mile and still be in the secure zone.
GameRager: If one leaves the secure zone then I assume they do make you get re-checked, though.
Yes, of course, but why would you do that before you've reached your destination? Most of the airport is in the secure zone. If you don't need baggage pick up or a taxi, which you'd only need at your destination, why would you leave it?
GameRager: What do they check into, and how fast is the express process vs. the regular ones?
You'll have to check the TSA's website for the program details. The extra speed will depend on your airport and normal travel routines.
Post edited February 21, 2013 by orcishgamer
langurmonkey: waiting in line, putting all your stuff in plastic box to be scanned, taking off your shoes so they can scan it, then walking through scanners and getting a pat down, takes more than 3 to 4 seconds. Then at the next airport, you have to go through the same thing depending on your trip. I don't find it so bad but I imagine it would be hell for GameRager considering he hates waiting 3 to 4 seconds while playing ME3.
orcishgamer: If you don't leave the secure zone (which is easy since there's plenty of stores and services inside them) you can hop as many times as you need without re-doing either the pat down or body scanner.

Also, when you do the pat down you get to skip much of that long ass line, so no, it really is about the same time. I've done it on business trips and watched my compatriots get through about the same time as me.
I can't believe going through airport security takes only 3 to 4 seconds for you and your compatriots.
orcishgamer: If you don't leave the secure zone (which is easy since there's plenty of stores and services inside them) you can hop as many times as you need without re-doing either the pat down or body scanner.

Also, when you do the pat down you get to skip much of that long ass line, so no, it really is about the same time. I've done it on business trips and watched my compatriots get through about the same time as me.
langurmonkey: I can't believe going through airport security takes only 3 to 4 seconds for you and your compatriots.
Do you have trouble reading? Perhaps you could go back and re-read what I said. The manual pat down, as you end up skipping a lot of the line for the scanners, takes about as long as the scanner way, i.e. you'll dick around getting through security for about the same amount of time. And on a busy day it literally makes fuck all difference because you just spent 20 minutes to get to get to the id check.
GameRager: I'm assuming the re-checking is done if you hop from city to city on connecting flights. If they do it on direct flights i'd say that's a tad excessive.
orcishgamer: No, he's absolutely wrong, even in fucking massive airports you can walk for a solid mile and still be in the secure zone.
GameRager: I don't get why they don't just create an ez-pass style express checkpoint system for those deemed "safe"(Heck, they have a do no fly list, so why not have a "this guy/gal doesn't need to be scanned or check so much" list? :\).
orcishgamer: There is one. You sign up and do a bunch of "I voluntarily sacrifice my privacy" crap and you get to go through the express lane.
If you fly from an the airport in Hamburg, Germany to London, UK for example, you will have to go through security. And if your final destination is the USA through Newark, New Jersey then you will have go through security again in London. What express lanes? I've never seen an express lane. Then you have to go through customs. :) Do you know how fucking long the line is for customs? And there is no way to skip it.

langurmonkey: I can't believe going through airport security takes only 3 to 4 seconds for you and your compatriots.
orcishgamer: Do you have trouble reading? Perhaps you could go back and re-read what I said. The manual pat down, as you end up skipping a lot of the line for the scanners, takes about as long as the scanner way, i.e. you'll dick around getting through security for about the same amount of time. And on a busy day it literally makes fuck all difference because you just spent 20 minutes to get to get to the id check.
Maybe you have a special device that can speed up time? Because it is impossible for someone to go through security in 3 to 4 seconds. It takes at least a minute or two, if you are lucky.
Post edited February 22, 2013 by langurmonkey
langurmonkey: If you fly from an the airport in Hamburg, Germany to London, UK for example, you will have to go through security. And if your final destination is the USA through Newark, New Jersey then you will have go through security again in London. What express lanes? I've never seen an express lane. Then you have to go through customs. :) Do you know how fucking long the line is for customs? And there is no way to skip it.
You realize that nowhere was I speaking about international flights, obviously if you have to change countries you get to get that new country's anal probe.
langurmonkey: Maybe you have a special device that can speed up time? Because it is impossible for someone to go through security in 3 to 4 seconds. It takes at least a minute or two, if you are lucky.
Did I ever claim 3 to 4 seconds at any time? What has you so deadset on this 3 to 4 second fantasy?
Post edited February 22, 2013 by orcishgamer
langurmonkey: If you fly from an the airport in Hamburg, Germany to London, UK for example, you will have to go through security. And if your final destination is the USA through Newark, New Jersey then you will have go through security again in London. What express lanes? I've never seen an express lane. Then you have to go through customs. :) Do you know how fucking long the line is for customs? And there is no way to skip it.
orcishgamer: You realize that nowhere was I speaking about international flights, obviously if you have to change countries you get to get that new country's anal probe.
Yeah, I just noticed it was all a big misunderstanding. When I was talking about flying, I meant flying from country to country to country. It has been a long time since I've flew around in the USA. Inside the USA, things are probably much faster, security is more relaxed.

After you said this "You're still allowed to ask for a normal pat down, I always do and the TSA has always been excruciatingly polite about it, to the point of bordering on the ridiculous. It takes no longer at all."
I assumed you claimed it takes you and your compatriots only 3 to 4 seconds to get past security. And when I was thinking of security, I was thinking of the kind of security you go through before going to a different country. I wasn't thinking from Houston to Chicago.
Post edited February 22, 2013 by langurmonkey
orcishgamer: You realize that nowhere was I speaking about international flights, obviously if you have to change countries you get to get that new country's anal probe.
langurmonkey: Yeah, I just noticed it was all a big misunderstanding. When I was talking about flying, I meant flying from country to country to country. It has been a long time since I've flew around in the USA. Inside the USA, things are probably much faster, security is more relaxed.

After you said this "You're still allowed to ask for a normal pat down, I always do and the TSA has always been excruciatingly polite about it, to the point of bordering on the ridiculous. It takes no longer at all."
I assumed you claimed it takes you and your compatriots only 3 to 4 seconds to get past security. And when I was thinking of security, I was thinking of the kind of security you go through before going to a different country. I wasn't thinking from Houston to Chicago.
Yeah, big difference, I've only done post 9/11 flights for work, so only domestic, didn't cross my mind you might be speaking internationally. Even back in the 90s that always took forever.
GameRager: If one leaves the secure zone then I assume they do make you get re-checked, though.
orcishgamer: Yes, of course, but why would you do that before you've reached your destination? Most of the airport is in the secure zone. If you don't need baggage pick up or a taxi, which you'd only need at your destination, why would you leave it?
Maybe you have to wait a long time for an overdue flight(or you missed your connecting flight and have to wait for another one), and you want to use some of the spare time to explore the city/town you're currently in? That's just one example.

orcishgamer: Did I ever claim 3 to 4 seconds at any time? What has you so deadset on this 3 to 4 second fantasy?
Well i'm partially to blame, I think. I was complaining about one of the scanners in ME3 taking 3-4 seconds to cycle(during which your character can't move). I guess langur took that thought and somehow mixed it into the talk about flights.
Post edited February 22, 2013 by GameRager
Bloody farking Star Command devs. And don't let me get started about the bloody OUYA either...geeez..
nijuu: Bloody farking Star Command devs. And don't let me get started about the bloody OUYA either...geeez..
Oddly enough, I was reading about the OUYA for the 1st time earlier today. It seemed good at first, until I looked at the internal storage capacity. 8GB? Are they nuts?!?
nijuu: Bloody farking Star Command devs. And don't let me get started about the bloody OUYA either...geeez..
GameRager: Oddly enough, I was reading about the OUYA for the 1st time earlier today. It seemed good at first, until I looked at the internal storage capacity. 8GB? Are they nuts?!?
Its basically a glorified phone/tablet
GameRager: Oddly enough, I was reading about the OUYA for the 1st time earlier today. It seemed good at first, until I looked at the internal storage capacity. 8GB? Are they nuts?!?
nijuu: Its basically a glorified phone/tablet
If it had a bigger storage capacity(and maybe an optical drive) it could be great for indie/simpler games.
nijuu: Its basically a glorified phone/tablet
GameRager: If it had a bigger storage capacity(and maybe an optical drive) it could be great for indie/simpler games.
Its meant to be a console thingie to run android games basically.
GameRager: If it had a bigger storage capacity(and maybe an optical drive) it could be great for indie/simpler games.
nijuu: Its meant to be a console thingie to run android games basically.
Well at least it's a step in the right direction: A more open console that's more friendly to developers/modders, etc.
GameRager: Maybe you have to wait a long time for an overdue flight(or you missed your connecting flight and have to wait for another one), and you want to use some of the spare time to explore the city/town you're currently in? That's just one example.
That is a recipe for disaster, take it from someone who travels on occasion and works with frequent travelers. There's never anything worth seeing within miles of the airport. You don't leave unless you need to spend an overnight at that location. You never know when a flight will get re-purposed for your flight, you'll fuck yourself leaving one way or another, don't do this. Trust me there's nothing to see for miles but more Starbucks and ugly shit and there's plenty of that in the airport.