It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

removed
Post edited May 28, 2012 by adambiser
I just found out a few days ago that I'm being sued. I'm not really worried about it, but it's just one more annoyance that I'll have to deal with. But it still pisses me off.
Sick to death of living in a country that still puts people in jail for 20 years for saying something negative about the King.

Thailand, man. Thais are the world's nicest people but their judicial system and political system are some of the most whacked out and corrupted in the world. Truly 3rd world in many senses.

Been here 10 years and it still makes me want to kill someone.

But.......on the bright side, am planning a move to Spain next year. (And yeah, I know, the economy sucks - but I work online with my own businesses so it doesn't matter where i live money is the same).

Thailand -- it's been an interesting and sometimes nice experience, but it's definitely time to move on for me.
Bloodygoodgames: but it's definitely time to move on for me.
Best of luck with that.
DubConqueror: My sister had her 3th child this night. Just one more consumer on a world that's already more than full of people living like ever-growing yeast in a petri-dish that will inevitabely die someday from poisoning from their own waste-products. The child will have a future ahead without oil, without energy iinfrastructure, with insufficient food and water, with starvation, resource wars, polution and possibly over 6 degrees warmer than it was before our industrial shit began. I feel sorry for the poor infant.

Really hating life right now, I'm not able to feel 'happy' for my sister. That child has such a miserable life ahead, just like my 4 other nephews and nieces (my brother has 2 as well).
Sounds like the Fallout series
On a personal note...

5 more exams and I will graduate. 2 this week, 3 next week. Honestly, however, I have lost every ambition to study, and now when I think about it, these three years I spent in university, I could have used them to learn more about what I like, instead of learning some bits here and there about everything, and in the end, ending up with not good enough knowledge about most things. :/

Not to mention the over 10,000 EUR I have spent for these studies so far. Going to university, especially that one, is definitely the worst mistake I have made.

Thanks to the high expectations of those around me, I have barely had any fun studying the past three years, nobody knows how free I will feel once I get through these last 5 exams. Even if I am unemployed for some time, at least I will get something done, with my mind and heart put into it, not just for the sake of doing it because a professor or someone else from university said so.

So, yea, kids, if you are ever planning on studying Software Engineering, don't put much effort in university, instead focus on working or contributing on projects you like, not whether your GPA will be 0 or 10 (mine is 9.75 right now (10 is best), but feel like I know shit when talking to some experienced developers here on GOG or other websites).
Well I'm almost 29 Don't have a wife let alone a Girl friend living at home with my horribly mentally ILL mother and disabled sister while my life frittles away to nothing with peices of jaw coming out of my mouth because of a moronic dentist who shattered my jaw to bits and then sewed it up without getting all the debris out. (F***ING DENTISTS)
and three months ago my PC packed it in getting my Pc back tomorrow at 5:00pm after $1050 of work and parts go into it F***ING GERMAN COCKROACHES and A DIRECT LIGHTENING BOLT HITTING IT!
Post edited May 27, 2012 by fr33kSh0w2012
fr33kSh0w2012: Well I'm almost 29 Don't have a wife let alone a Girl friend living at home with my horribly mentally ILL mother and disabled sister while my life frittles away to nothing with peices of jaw coming out of my mouth because of a moronic dentist who shattered my jaw to bits and then sewed it up without getting all the debris out. (F***ING DENTISTS)
-----------------------------------
and three months ago my PC packed it in getting my Pc back tomorrow after $1050 of work and parts go into it F***ING GERMAN COCKROACHES and A DIRECT LIGHTENING BOLT HITTING IT!
Damn, we're in near the same boat in some ways. I'm nearly the same age(with no significant other to speak of....yet.), have a mother with mental issues(She drinks a ton at night and when she does she becomes very passive/aggressive to those around her, and often gets depressed while doing so. This [combined with her OCD] leads to some very difficult situations for those living with her. Luckily she doesn't live with me, but with my dad.) & a brother who gets on my nerves visiting me from time to time(He's my bro and all, but sometimes he acts like an arrogant little f**kstain with a nasty arse attitude problem.).
fr33kSh0w2012: Well I'm almost 29 Don't have a wife let alone a Girl friend living at home with my horribly mentally ILL mother and disabled sister while my life frittles away to nothing with peices of jaw coming out of my mouth because of a moronic dentist who shattered my jaw to bits and then sewed it up without getting all the debris out. (F***ING DENTISTS)
and three months ago my PC packed it in getting my Pc back tomorrow after $1050 of work and parts go into it F***ING GERMAN COCKROACHES and A DIRECT LIGHTENING BOLT HITTING IT!
GameRager: Damn, we're in near the same boat in some ways. I'm nearly the same age(with no significant other to speak of....yet.), have a mother with mental issues(She drinks a ton at night and when she does she becomes very passive/aggressive to those around her, and often gets depressed while doing so. This [combined with her OCD] leads to some very difficult situations for those living with her. Luckily she doesn't live with me, but with my dad.) & a brother who gets on my nerves visiting me from time to time(He's my bro and all, but sometimes he acts like an arrogant little f**kstain with a nasty arse attitude problem.).
Tell your brother that he's constipated and to go take a Laxative and take a big SH*T and get it all over with ( i can assure you, you will p*ss yourself laughing with the looks he will give you) and he **may** stop harrasing you
You sure you mother isn't schizo-affective disorder it's nasty I'm telling you they get over compulsive like does she go shopping and buy 30 things all the same color?

You've told me in your post she gets nit-picky that's a sign of S.A.D

Seriously go to Wikipedia look up Schizo-affective disorder or S.A.D does she take CLOZAPINE for it? I hope this helps. Also your brother has A.D.D. Attention deficit disorder I can tell you from experience he will only get worse as he gets older (i have cousins with A.d.d. and they are smartarsed little bullies) so yeah I know what your trying to cope with.
Post edited May 28, 2012 by fr33kSh0w2012
fr33kSh0w2012: Tell your brother that he's constipated and to go take a Laxative and take a big SH*T and get it all over with ( i can assure you, you will p*ss yourself laughing with the looks he will give you) and he **may** stop harrasing you
You sure you mother isn't schizo-affective disorder it's nasty I'm telling you they get over compulsive like does she go shopping and buy 30 things all the same color?

Seriously go to Wikipedia look up Schizo-affective disorder or S.A.D does she take CLOZAPINE for it? I hope this helps.
Well she doesn't buy alot of the same things, but she does seem to like to start arguments for the sake of starting arguments/to get attention. Like sometimes my dad will call her on his cell(or she'll call him) and he'll accidentally hang up or not pick the phone up quick enough before it goes to voice mail and she'll call him back and argue him out over it as if he did it on purpose....stuff like that.

I want her to get help and/or take meds but she brings up the whole "i'll do what I want, don't tell me what to do." spiel. :\
Post edited May 28, 2012 by GameRager
fr33kSh0w2012: Tell your brother that he's constipated and to go take a Laxative and take a big SH*T and get it all over with ( i can assure you, you will p*ss yourself laughing with the looks he will give you) and he **may** stop harrasing you

Seriously go to Wikipedia look up Schizo-affective disorder or S.A.D does she take CLOZAPINE for it? I hope this helps.
GameRager: Well she doesn't buy alot of the same things, but she does seem to like to start arguments for the sake of starting arguments/to get attention. Like sometimes my dad will call her on his cell(or she'll call him) and he'll accidentally hang up or not pick the phone up quick enough before it goes to voice mail and she'll call him back and argue him out over it as if he did it on purpose....stuff like that.

I want her to get help and/or take meds but she brings up the whole "i'll do what I want, don't tell me what to do." spiel. :\
(I don't want to upset you but..) She sounds like a typical Feminazi Bulldyke She's schizo-affective.. that Alcohol isn't doing her any good.
Damn dude (can i call you dude?)
I can tell you from my 28.9 years of experience that the schizo-effective disorder is a combo of:
schizophrenia
bipolar disorder (manic depression)
O.C.D.
and symtoms of other mental illnesses that can not be pinpointed
usually you've gotta be careful what you say around her right?
So she doesn't fly off the handle Yes?

That's schizo-affective disorder to a tee.
fr33kSh0w2012: (I don't want to upset you but..) She sounds like a typical Feminazi Bulldyke She's schizo-affective.. that Alcohol isn't doing her any good.
Damn dude (can i call you dude?)
----------------------------------------------
I can tell you from my 28.9 years of experience that the schizo-effective disorder is a combo of:
schizophrenia
bipolar disorder (manic depression)
O.C.D.
and symtoms of other mental illnesses that can not be pinpointed
usually you've gotta be careful what you say around her right?
So she doesn't fly off the handle Yes?

That's schizo-affective disorder to a tee.
She's much better when she's not drinking, so she's not always as bad. Problem is, she drinks alot at night. And my dad buying her the stuff to try and placate her doesn't help, imo.

(And yes i'm a dude, btw.)
She has OCD for certain, and she does seem "bipolar"(to me) based on what i've witnessed of how she acts, so you may be right.

As for saying the wrong thing, well she does seem to take harsh words or criticism more harshly than the rest of the family.....especially when drinking(As I said before.).

Other symptoms: When you try describing how she acts and the problems you think she has, she will constantly try to switch the topic by various methods like: bringing up the bad aspects/habits of other family members & other people("Well he/she does this which is worse...etc.") to shift the conversation off of her or make herself look better, bringing up stuff we say to her in confidence/private about the rest of the family/other people to get us to fight among each other rather than focus on trying to get her to admit/work on her problems, playing the old lady card to make us feel bad for "picking on" an old person/lady.
Post edited May 28, 2012 by GameRager
GameRager: She's much better when she's not drinking, so she's not always as bad. Problem is, she drinks alot at night. And my dad buying her the stuff to try and placate her doesn't help, imo.

(And yes i'm a dude, btw.)
She has OCD for certain, and she does seem "bipolar"(to me) based on what i've witnessed of how she acts, so you may be right.

As for saying the wrong thing, well she does seem to take harsh words or criticism more harshly than the rest of the family.....especially when drinking(As I said before.).

Other symptoms: When you try describing how she acts and the problems you think she has, she will constantly try to switch the topic by various methods like: bringing up the bad aspects/habits of other family members & other people("Well he/she does this which is worse...etc."), bringing up stuff we say to her in confidence/private about the rest of the family/other people to get us to fight among each other rather than focus on listing her faults/trying to get her to admit/work on them,
I bet it's FUEL HER ANGER (make herself go right off the deep end) more to the point which is a typical sign of Schizo-affective disorder.
Post edited May 28, 2012 by fr33kSh0w2012
I think I saw a glimpse of a cockroach in our kitchenette, when I was cleaning the cupboard. Great. Just great. I've never seen one before so I had to google for it. I saw some pictures that looked familiar, the one in this page looked somewhat like it IIRC:

http://www.wickedmike.com/its-a-hard-life-for-a-cockroach/

Earlier I've seen cockroaches only in American movies, so I thought they'd all look something like this:

http://iwinbeatthat.wordpress.com/tag/cockroach/

Yesterday I took out all the drawers I could, cleaned everything as well as I could around the stove/oven area, and replaced our trashbin with a one with a lid. Just to make sure they have nothing to eat at nights. I think I saw a possible crack it/they could be coming from. I have no idea if they came from some other apartment or if we have brough some from our trips abroad, but I guess it doesn't matter at this point.

This morning my gf claimed she killed one that had crawled to the kitchen floor, possibly trying to find the food I had denied access to yesterday. Got to love her that she had enough balls to kill it herself, instead of waking me up and pleading me to do it. But I am unsure if the one she killed was really a cockroach (at least the one I saw), or some other a bit bigger insect/bug. It was all mushy and stuff, I couldn't make a proper autopsy for it anymore.

Anyway, I guess I'll have to inform the housing company, let's see what happens then. Googling for it, apparently it could be anything from "all apartments in the house have to be poisoned with strong insecticides that will cause three-headed babies to be born in the population" to "just keep your kitchen clean and a lid on the trashbin, and they'll stay away because they have nothing to eat".
Post edited May 28, 2012 by timppu
timppu: Anyway, I guess I'll have to inform the housing company, let's see what happens then. Googling for it, apparently it could be anything from "all apartments in the house have to be poisoned with strong insecticides that will cause three-headed babies to be born in the population" to "just keep your kitchen clean and a lid on the trashbin, and they'll stay away because they have nothing to eat".
The steps you took should be enough, though roaches can survive a long time without food as I recall. The few times I had trouble with them (open garden around the house doesn't really help with insect control), the Raid Bait Traps seemed to work fine, especially since they don't have negatives of spray (no need to close the house after you spray, or air it for a few hours before going back inside). Drop a few traps in your place (one in the kitchen, one in the bathroom, one near any storage), and replace them in 3 months or so. Depending on how many roaches there are, this should be enough, unless of course the roaches are planning an invasion...