It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Sorry for jumping on you in particular, but there's a lot of pathetic bitching here lately.

I didn't know about your situation, but when I read "Oh noooo, racoon stole my burgers, my life is ending!" et cetera, I feel sick.

Most of you guys have more lukc in your life than 99% of the population. If you have PC with internet connection you're most probably more rich / luckier than 90% of the world population.

I think this is because most o the people don't come up on forums with REAL problems.

But yeah, now i'm bitchin about bitchin so I should stop :P
keeveek: Sorry for jumping on you in particular, but there's a lot of pathetic bitching here lately.

I didn't know about your situation, but when I read "Oh noooo, racoon stole my burgers, my life is ending!" et cetera, I feel sick.

Most of you guys have more lukc in your life than 99% of the population. If you have PC with internet connection you're most probably more rich / luckier than 90% of the world population.

I think this is because most o the people don't come up on forums with REAL problems.

But yeah, now i'm bitchin about bitchin so I should stop :P
If you think about it.....if people were poor enough to not have a PC they wouldn't be able to tell us about their major problems anyways. And people with PCs who had major problems would(IMO) be too focused on said issues to write on a message board about them or wouldn't want to disclose such(possibly) personal details with everyone on said forums at once.

Just a thought. :\
keeveek: Sorry for jumping on you in particular, but there's a lot of pathetic bitching here lately.
I think for most of us, our REAL problems are a lot larger than what we may post here, and I'm not sure airing all of that would be a good thing. But it's good to vent on the little stuff so it doesn't overwhelm us and add to, or create, big stuff. I know that some of the things I've posted here are trivial compared to what I could post...
Yeah right there are more severe problems in the world then most of the stuff posted here.

On the other hand if something in my personal life upsets me though I feel upset and I continue to feel upset despite whether or not other people may have worse problems on their own.

You may call me selfish but one of my constant goals is to seek some level of basic satisfaction with how my life is going. I usually keep raising the bar if I actually achieve something.
keeveek: Oh man... First world problems "My life sucks because I have cooooooold" :-(

When I read about your problems, I become more and more depressed because of my own.
I'm struggling to shave off 0.2 seconds off the third National B License test on Gran Turismo 4.

Now, I know that there are people with bigger problems than that. There's a ten-year-old boy in Sweden who is struggling with the most basic of studies. Should he bitch about his problems? No, because his uncle was recently overpowered by cancer and the boy's father has trouble coping with the depression. The father can't bitch either, because the uncle's widowed wife can't pay the rent on her own and so she and her four fatherless children now have to live at a friend's place. They can't bitch either, because the friend in question has room to accommodate them only because the rest of her family was shot by a homicidal maniac. She can't bitch, because the homicidal maniac was sexually abused by pretty much anyone and everyone he ever knew when he was a child. He can't bitch either, because in a shithole in India there's an armless, legless, mute, blind, deaf man who has all diseases known to humankind but none of them fatal. He is the most miserable person in the world and therefore the only one who has the right to complain about anything.

Quit the "there are children starving in Africa!" shit. We know that there are people with worse problems than ours, but it doesn't mean that you have to be cold and unkind when you should be compassionate and empathetic. Someone might put a bullet in their brain for that.
He is the most miserable person in the world and therefore the only one who has the right to complain about anything.
Indeed.

Do not complain about your life. There are plenty who have worse than you. Damn, most of the world has worse than you!

Enjoy with what you have and if you're not satisfied by it - change it, not complain about it! You won't have another chance, so change it while you still can.

Carpe diem.
He is the most miserable person in the world and therefore the only one who has the right to complain about anything.
keeveek: Indeed.

Do not complain about your life. There are plenty who have worse than you. Damn, most of the world has worse than you!

Enjoy with what you have and if you're not satisfied by it - change it, not complain about it! You won't have another chance, so change it while you still can.

Carpe diem.
Not everyone has the power to change their troubles, you know.....also it's nice to mention what problems you have and get sympathy from others while telling of your own troubles. It builds morale in the community and encourages bonds to form between members.
Of course. I'm talking mostly about the people who complain about their jobs, wives, kids, neighbourhood and don't even try to change it. They just like to complain.

Nobody died happy just because he complained about his shit before kicked the bucket :P
Post edited April 23, 2012 by keeveek
keeveek: Of course. I'm talking mostly about the people who complain about their jobs, wives, kids, neighbourhood and don't even try to change it. They just like to complain.

Nobody died happy just because he complained about his shit before kicked the bucket :P
What's wrong with complaining as long as you're doing stuff to rectify the situation at the same time or plan to? :\

And c'mon, venting is therapeutic...everyone knows that. Sometimes just admitting your troubles to others(and flaws) is soothing to some.
keeveek: Do not complain about your life. There are plenty who have worse than you. Damn, most of the world has worse than you!
Well, you're complaining about us complaining about ourselves. Leave us to our misery and use the time saved by feeding an African.
keeveek: Do not complain about your life. There are plenty who have worse than you. Damn, most of the world has worse than you!
AlKim: Well, you're complaining about us complaining about ourselves. Leave us to our misery and use the time saved by feeding an African.
You didn't understand a word from what I was saying, did you? ;)
Man... There are so many things about the world that I stopped caring about the world.
I mostly care about myself now. And mostly because I can't change shit about the world itself. (That's why I play videogames, to create the illusion that I'm the hero saving the world. ;) )

I was an idealist some years ago. Now I'm a egocentric prick. (ladies don't like idealists either...)
Don't get me wrong. It's just an "overlay". Deep down I have hopes for humanity, I just don't give a shit anymore.

Nice gestures (such as GOGs) give me hope and I applaud them for it.

If I had power (true power) to change the world, I would do it in 24hrs and those who don't like it would be invited do leave it (I would deport them to mars, venus or even the sun).

Democracy my ass. It might sound extreme (and it is (and it is necessary too)) but I can't see a "world changing event" (for the better) without some kind of Onipotent power who doesn't answer to anyone (And I'm not talking about God) taking the matters on its own hands and actually solving the problem no matter the consequences.

Yeah, dictatorships are evil and all that. And I'm not talking about this either. I'm talking about an utopian world where there's only one (benign) ruler that has unlimited power to do whatever he desires no matter how many toes he needs to step on to accomplish things for the Greater Good (Warhammer reference FTW).

Until that happens, complaining solves nothing. Never did and never will. So we are basically stuck with this decadent world for good.

There are days when I actually desire some kind of global disaster to occur so we could reemerge stronger (and wiser, kinder, etc) than before. (Actually I think about it every single day).

The human race, as it is, is doomed to become worse with every passing day.

We all like to think we are saints, good people, that we care about one another. The fact is: we are master of lying to ourselves, we are not good, we are not saints and we don't really care. The ones that do, those are the exception not the rule.

I'm sure going to get a lot of heat by saying the things I said above but that's how I feel and that's my "complaint" and this is the perfect topic for it. So... Cheers? =)

I'll not respond to anyone who quote me because it'll drag us on to a pointless discussion where I pretend to care about your arguments and you pretend to care about mine and in the end we both will waste our time and none of us will get anything out of it.

Peace! (that contradicts the entire rant, doesn't it? =P )
If you agree with me (unlikely) fine. If you don't, that's also fine. I didn't post it with any other intention than just ranting.

Thanks for reading me.
It seems like my acquaintances have finally realized I'm a gobbler.

I went to a friend's kitchen and the bread was already cut into small pieces. Now I can't gobble the whole bread and be like "you can't expect me to cut it into smaller pieces, of course I had to eat the whole thing".

This bodes ill for my gobblery...
high rated
Adzeth: It seems like my acquaintances have finally realized I'm a gobbler.

I went to a friend's kitchen and the bread was already cut into small pieces. Now I can't gobble the whole bread and be like "you can't expect me to cut it into smaller pieces, of course I had to eat the whole thing".

This bodes ill for my gobblery...
Nah, just make some more friends! :-)
Dischord: Nah, just make some more friends! :-)
Sounds like an appropriate backup plan. Luckily, this time I won't need it since I adapted to the situation and devoured some pudding from the fridge. :)