It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Wealin: Gamer friends who are asshats in Facebook and pretend they are not gamers even though we still have gaming nights.
DebugMode: Wouldn't call them friends when they're assholes to you in public.
I'd have to agree with this. They must be very insecure.
my shift finishes in TWOOOOOOOO MIIINUTEEESSS OOOOOOOH YEAAAAAAH THEN IM GOING HOME GRABBING A KOOL AID AND WATCHING DBZ EPISODE 1 BACK TO BACKS YEAAAAAH

TUUUHTT TUUUUUTHH
I walked into my local game store and saw patrician 4 expansion. Without a doubt, I bought it. After coming home, my wife pointed out that don't I already have that game, so I took a better look at it.

I bought the base game. Which I already own.

Now it sits in my shelf, unopened. What the hell I'm supposed to do with that?
KneeTheCap: I walked into my local game store and saw patrician 4 expansion. Without a doubt, I bought it. After coming home, my wife pointed out that don't I already have that game, so I took a better look at it.

I bought the base game. Which I already own.

Now it sits in my shelf, unopened. What the hell I'm supposed to do with that?
You got me a little worried here Knee... Your WIFE knows better what games you have than you do ? (I mean one look from her at the stuff and she knew that you got it wrong !!!)

;-D

Perhaps you better take your wife with you, for help, when you go shopping... ;-)
Post edited August 30, 2011 by FiatLux
KneeTheCap: Now it sits in my shelf, unopened. What the hell I'm supposed to do with that?
I assume you got rid of the receipt, in which case you could give it to a friend as a present and say that you liked the game so much you bought them a copy of their own. That's what I did once.
DebugMode: Wouldn't call them friends when they're assholes to you in public.
orcishgamer: I'd have to agree with this. They must be very insecure.
This kind of social stigma is something that's been driving me nuts.

Just recently I heard from my girl's sister that I will never be respected at work and will never be promoted because I play games (?). This comes from a person that spends half of her waking time bouncing around clothing stores and the other half staring at a mirror trying to get her make-up perfect. Duh.
I just finished Deus Ex. Can't see what the fuss is all about. Disappointing as hell.
barjed: This kind of social stigma is something that's been driving me nuts.

Just recently I heard from my girl's sister that I will never be respected at work and will never be promoted because I play games (?). This comes from a person that spends half of her waking time bouncing around clothing stores and the other half staring at a mirror trying to get her make-up perfect. Duh.
orcishgamer: I'd have to agree with this. They must be very insecure.
I treat my work environment as a game world with simple mechanics, boss fights, allies, etc. and so far I had one promotion a year in the last 4 years and still going up. She needs a clue.

My ability to develop buid efficient build orders in starcraft has given me the ability to rewrite business processes for increased efficiency.

My ability to develop action plans to beat a civilization game at high difficulty levels has allowed me to take big projects step by step at work and keep focusing on a successful strategy and dealing with unpredicted situation (Like vikings turning against you every time they can).

Anyway, tell her to f** off.
Post edited August 30, 2011 by godspeeed
AlKim: I just finished Deus Ex. Can't see what the fuss is all about. Disappointing as hell.
It was rather, there was a lot of good ideas and some ambitious concepts but the execution was pretty bad and the voice acting was frankly excremental. Human Revolution is vastly superior
.;;'/.,m;

im sleepy.......
I know I hate Myst and everything similar to it and yet I keep finding myself buying Myst-likes in a strange hope I'll actually enjoy this one. And I never even finish them!! So then I go buy more!!!!!

I'm supposed to be saving money for school not spending it all on games I don't even like!
Post edited August 31, 2011 by Trevorish
Trevorish: I know I hate Myst and everything similar to it and yet I keep finding myself buying Myst-likes in a strange hope I'll actually enjoy this one. And I never even finish them!! So then I go buy more!!!!!

I'm supposed to be saving money for school not spending it all on games I don't even like!
Looks like you ought to join "Myst-aholics Anonymous" ! :-D
Trevorish: I know I hate Myst and everything similar to it and yet I keep finding myself buying Myst-likes in a strange hope I'll actually enjoy this one. And I never even finish them!! So then I go buy more!!!!!

Myst was OK, but Riven sucked gigantic donkey nuts.

At least Myst wasn't much of a pixel hunt.

FiatLux: Looks like you ought to join "Myst-aholics Anonymous" ! :-D
Its more like I buy a bottle of alcohol, open it, smell it and then pour it down the drain. The next day I buy a different type of alcohol hoping it won't be quite as horrid.
hedwards: [...] gigantic donkey nuts.
Personally, I perfer the term "sizable" or "gravity enhanced". More civilized.
;-p