It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

timppu: Why on earth do even my jeans request a 30C program, shouldn't they handle 60C program quite well?
Much clothes shouldn't be washed at more than 30 or 40C , and if you do not want your clothes too look worn (un-less that is the look that you are going for) then you also ought to wash it inside out to save the outside the washers treatment.
And actually some clothes may shrink too much from washing at more than it says or from using a heat-dryer.....
Lionel212008: I am at work and bored - bored to death. None of my colleagues will speak to me coz they think that I am arrogant or something like that - I am not, I am just a misanthrope, that's all.
mis·an·thrope , noun \ˈmi-sən-ˌthrōp\
Definition of MISANTHROPE
: a person who hates or distrusts humankind .....

And you say that none of your colleagues will speak to you ?
;-)
Post edited September 05, 2011 by FiatLux
So I figure I should back up all those years old CD-Rs to DVD-R.

Guess what. Several of these CD-Rs have disc rot. Some of the files are uncopyable.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH.
Im finally not pissed off at myself after throwing wire crimpers i the garage which (sods law) hit and smashed the windscreen of my mg bgt.

My wallet however is still annoyed so no more games for me this month.
Foxhack: So I figure I should back up all those years old CD-Rs to DVD-R.

Guess what. Several of these CD-Rs have disc rot. Some of the files are uncopyable.
If you have access to one, there's a chance that a different drive would manage to salvage some of the data
Foxhack: So I figure I should back up all those years old CD-Rs to DVD-R.

Aliasalpha: If you have access to one, there's a chance that a different drive would manage to salvage some of the data
THERE'S HOLES IN THE SHINY LAYER.

T_T

They're deaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad
Foxhack: THERE'S HOLES IN THE SHINY LAYER.

T_T

They're deaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad
Yeah ! , if the reflective (upper) layer is gone then I think that such a CD can no longer be salvaged...
My condolences with respect to your "dead" CDs !!!
god damnit, I pre-ordered the dead island game, paid it in advance, and now they inform me that they don't know when they can deliver the game! What the hell? Since I paid it in advance, I don't have the capital to buy it elsewhere, and if I claim my money back ,that could take ages. F**k, I was so looking forward playing the game, which I have been waiting since the first announcement, and now I can't.

Just my luck, maybe I should just give the f**k up..

Edit. I was holding this for a giveaway later, but fu*k it..

QHRJ-3AEQ-
VECS-QXXA
Post edited September 08, 2011 by KneeTheCap
KneeTheCap: god damnit, I pre-ordered the dead island game, paid it in advance, and now they inform me that they don't know when they can deliver the game!
Was it greenmangaming saying they're out of keys? They did that for me and I got the key about 2 hours after they said it could take a few days

KneeTheCap: Edit. I was holding this for a giveaway later, but fu*k it..

QHRJ-3AEQ-
VECS-QXXA
Awesome, thank you!
Aliasalpha: *snip*
Was it greenmangaming saying they're out of keys? They did that for me and I got the key about 2 hours after they said it could take a few days
No, a finnish retail shop...

If I could, I would buy the digital version, that I would have had in time.... I should have done that the first place...

Stupidity gets punished, I guess..

and enjoy the NOX :)
No fu*king way...

I called the shop, "slightly" steaming, and demanded to know what the deal was. Well, they pretty much said that they don't have the game, and most likely never will...

So, in order to get my money back, I need to call somewhere, they will inspect and so on and so forth. I'm sure I will get the money, but have no idea how long that takes...

Basically I got scammed... I was so looking forward to that game, god damnit...

No game, no money. Life sucks.

I'm sorry if I keep bothering you guys, but this is so fu*king wrong...

Edit. My wife got tired of my complaints, and bought me the game from steam. Now I'm embarrassed.. -.-
Post edited September 08, 2011 by KneeTheCap
Haha well you get the game at least. Don't let it drop though, get onto whatever consumer affairs department you have and get them onto this shop, if they're a physical shop they should be able to be legally ripped to shreds over this sort of thing
KneeTheCap: Basically I got scammed... I was so looking forward to that game, god damnit...
I once had a similar thing, though mine was a bit more expensive than a game. I kept complaining and had a big, scary guy accompany me when I visited, and after a few months I finally got my stuff (the ordering page said "delivery in 3 days", so it was just a bit off). The scary guy managed to get me Fallout 3 (back when it was brand new) as compensation for the delay :p

A few weeks ago, I read in the news that the guys who make sure businesses stay classy warned people not to use that store.
Post edited September 08, 2011 by Adzeth
Post edited September 08, 2011 by nmillar
why am i stuck on the ex?
akwater: why am i stuck on the ex?
sorry to hear...but I think that is pretty typical of us mortals...It just takes time to get over hard break ups I think...Don't worry, soon enough she won't be haunting your thoughts so much. :)