It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
I've been dealing with a lot of dumbasses today. I want to punch something.
high rated
Just learned that Bryan Adams is 60. Jesus...
Matewis: Just learned that Bryan Adams is 60. Jesus...
I came here to bitch about a manipulative, inheritance-seeking vulture of a family member I have the misfortune to be related to..., but your comment threw me off guard and made me laugh out loud! Why? Because just the other week, I came to the realization that Billy Idol and Annie Lennox are both 65 and I said to myself, holy crap! LOL! ;)
low rated
plagren: I've been dealing with a lot of dumbasses today. I want to punch something.
That's my day EVERYDAY, That is why the planet needs NUKING
high rated
matterbandit: I came here to bitch about a manipulative, inheritance-seeking vulture of a family member I have the misfortune to be related to..., but your comment threw me off guard and made me laugh out loud! Why? Because just the other week, I came to the realization that Billy Idol and Annie Lennox are both 65 and I said to myself, holy crap! LOL! ;)
It's almost better not to think about it :P At least we live in an age where we can listen to crisp recordings from their youth whenever we want :)
low rated
Corporations are trying to sue the Internet Archive (which might lead to it possibly getting shut down) due to them having some e-books & other things on it that Internet Archive allowed people to download too many times.

:\
I have been working non-stop since yesterday with pink eye. Need to get myself tested for COVID-19. Product launches and presentations can kill!
low rated
I note that my friend BigBobsBeepers got a ban recently.

Not disputing mod decisions, but something is "off" about it.
========================================================

If they banned BigBob for supposedly being me then either one of two things is the case....either:

1. They know IPs for all accounts, and can find alts and ban them.

(If this is the case why haven't everyone's alts been banned yet[including the rep abusers who hit my rep and other people's rep constantly and likely with alts]?)

OR

2. They are banning based on allegations made by others.....without proof someone is someone else's alt.

Both of the above seem questionable as heck.....don't y'all think?

(In the first case mods are being potentially lazy or biased. In the second they are doing things without proof on allegations and hunches)
Post edited July 04, 2020 by GameRager
low rated
GameRager: I note that my friend BigBobsBeepers got a ban recently.

Not disputing mod decisions, but something is "off" about it.

If they banned BigBob for supposedly being me then either one of two things is the case....either:

1. They know IPs for all accounts, and can find alts and ban them.

(If this is the case why haven't everyone's alts been banned yet[including the rep abusers who hit my rep and other people's rep constantly and likely with alts]?)

OR

2. They are banning based on allegations made by others.....without proof someone is someone else's alt.

Both of the above seem questionable as heck.....don't y'all think?

(In the first case mods are being potentially lazy or biased. In the second they are doing things without proof on allegations and hunches)
Tribalism precludes objectivity, GR, so don't waste your time asking hyenas to be rational, or diligent, or even merciful. ;p
low rated
richlind33: Tribalism precludes objectivity, GR, so don't waste your time asking hyenas to be rational, or diligent, or even merciful. ;p
Tbh I think it's more due to them being lazy(and perhaps over worked) than spiteful....it's likely easier to mod people like us than police the entire forums.

Then they can point and say "See? We're doing our jobs" and go back to whatever other tasks GOG has set before them(likely galaxy related)

(This is evidenced by the fact they will lock entire threads....even small ones.....instead of deleting or editing a few posts.

It's also evidenced by how many rule breaking posts I see near every day in threads on page 1. Mods could likely find a post or three to mod simply by opening a few threads and looking at them for 5 minutes or less...yet they don't do such much)

------------

Speaking of others breaking rules....the posts here, all of them started dropping in rating.

Obviously some other user is repping them all down to save time while down rating me.

That is clear rep abuse by others....but will anything ever be done about it?

As Vader would say: Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Post edited July 05, 2020 by GameRager
low rated
richlind33: Tribalism precludes objectivity, GR, so don't waste your time asking hyenas to be rational, or diligent, or even merciful. ;p
GameRager: Tbh I think it's more due to them being lazy(and perhaps over worked) than spiteful....it's likely easier to mod people like us than police the entire forums.

Then they can point and say "See? We're doing our jobs" and go back to whatever other tasks GOG has set before them(likely galaxy related)
I know you prefer to think that, but tribalism promotes mob mentality, which is very different from individual psychology. People behave very diferently when they are part of a mob or have a group identity. It brings out the worst in us, and this is well-documented. I'm sure that isn't the only factor here, but it is definitely part of the equation.
low rated
My car broke down due to a monkey in the trunk....ho ho ho!
Post edited July 05, 2020 by GameRacer
GameRacer: My car broke down due to a monkey in the trunk....ho ho ho!
It's your own fault for not bringing a monkey wrench, you never know when you catch a monkey jacking off in the trunk. Leave them there long enough and their splooge will break down the morale of the car.
low rated
DadJoke007: It's your own fault for not bringing a monkey wrench, you never know when you catch a monkey jacking off in the trunk. Leave them there long enough and their *censored for family friendly forums* will break down the morale of the car.
Also who leaves a monkey in my trunk anyways.....such poor treatment of the Tiny monkey.

(Edit: Oh my it seems somehow someone "censored" your post in my reply to you here)
Post edited July 05, 2020 by GameRacer
low rated
My Internet is Being EVIL Look at the photo below
Attachments:
evil!.jpg (257 Kb)