It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Matewis: annoying fly + tennis racket + poorly placed logitech g933 headset + poor coordination = regret
This reads like the plot of a Looney Tunes short.
Matewis:
Been there, done that. Details slightly different. End result same-ish. Even if you get the fly it was not worth it.
Matewis: annoying fly + tennis racket + poorly placed logitech g933 headset + poor coordination = regret
Nothing beats a good bazooka.
Matewis:
Themken: Been there, done that. Details slightly different. End result same-ish. Even if you get the fly it was not worth it.
Yep, so not worth it, now I only have sound out of the one ear. I'm going to have to wait till the end of the lockdown to buy a new pair
Matewis:
Someone very skilled at soldering might be capable of fixing it.
Matewis:
Themken: Someone very skilled at soldering might be capable of fixing it.
Yes perhaps :P I completely dismantled it and found two wires that broke clean off, but they're extremely thin and flimsy. Beyond what I can fix in any case.
Not really trying to bitch about life, as it is more of a funny random experience that I had while playing For Honor. The reason why I still decided to put it here is because perhaps if it was up to a different person that was more serious than I am, maybe he/she would really be mad and had his/her day ruined.

So it happened while I was playing a Dominion 4v4 match in For Honor where two opposing teams of four members each were expected to win points by capturing a minimum of two zones out of three. It was quite the struggle as the opposing team was doing quite well with their teamwork, while my team wasn't really managing quite well. Thus, it came to my attention that the team's focus needed to be changed in order to not have the members stretched too thin over the three capture zones. So I typed in the chat to ask everyone in the team (my team) to focus only on two zones that are closely adjacent to one another and not have the need to capture all the three zones at once as it would've been harder to maintain. (I'm pretty sure at this point you can already imply as to what the problem is, as I'm about to say in the next sentence) Little did I know, I was typing the whole plan in the chat that set to "All", meaning, the opposing team was also made aware of the tactic that my team was about to take. At that point, I immediately switched my chat setting back to "Team" and proceeded to say sorry using the quick chat options.
Post edited April 19, 2020 by Impecea
Selling of pies outlawed, for some reason
https://www.businessinsider.co.za/lockdown-hot-food-2020-4
Matewis: Selling of hot cooked food outlawed, for some reason
The reason behind this is that people tend to eat their hot food immediately.
Which of course will mostly be done while sitting or standing somewhere in the vicinity of the food stands where they bought the food. And probably in company of others. And that's not allowed during the lockdown.
Quote:
Restriction on the movement of persons and goods
11 B. (1 )(a) For the period of lockdown -
(i) every person is confined to his or her place of residence, unless strictly for the purpose of performing an essential service, obtaining an essential good or service, collecting a social grant, pension or seeking emergency, life-saving, or chronic medical attention;
(ii) every gathering, as defined in regulation 1 is hereby prohibited, except for a funeral as provided for in subregulation (8);

https://www.gov.za/documents/disaster-management-act-regulations-address-prevent-and-combat-spread-coronavirus-covid-19
low rated
Matewis: Selling of pies outlawed, for some reason
https://www.businessinsider.co.za/lockdown-hot-food-2020-4
In some states in the US they banned buying gardening supplies(in store, not online) like: seeds, fertilizer, plants.

And they did it while food supplies are tight in some places. :\
=================================================================

Matewis: Selling of hot cooked food outlawed, for some reason
BreOl72: The reason behind this is that people tend to eat their hot food immediately.
Which of course will mostly be done while sitting or standing somewhere in the vicinity of the food stands where they bought the food. And probably in company of others. And that's not allowed during the lockdown.
Then allow such but make the law so that people must eat the food while social distancing or at home.....banning it isn't needed then.
Post edited April 22, 2020 by GameRager
Being stuck at home for this long is weird apart from walks literally haven't been anywhere not even shopping as only doing deliveries now.
Themken: Been there, done that. Details slightly different. End result same-ish. Even if you get the fly it was not worth it.
Matewis: Yep, so not worth it, now I only have sound out of the one ear. I'm going to have to wait till the end of the lockdown to buy a new pair
You can get a pair delivered to your house from Best Deal

g935 is an upgraded g933.
Post edited April 22, 2020 by fr33kSh0w2012
BreOl72: ...
As per the minister's response I understand their reasoning is that if one place can sell it, then so can any other place, including all take away spots and restaurants. Of course it will work a little to keep people from congregating, but I fear they are going overboard. This cuts off 10s of thousands of almost exclusively very-low income class workers from their income, and we already have riots brewing in the poor areas. Food trucks being hijacked and plundered, and a recent attempt to loot a large shopping center. We are rapidly reaching the point where the virus will be the least of the country's concerns. I think they're forgetting that this is not a 1st world country, and we already had 30% unemployment going into this mess.
Matewis: Yep, so not worth it, now I only have sound out of the one ear. I'm going to have to wait till the end of the lockdown to buy a new pair
fr33kSh0w2012: You can get a pair delivered to your house from Best Deal

g935 is an upgraded g933.
Thanks, that g935 looks nice, but I don't think such deliveries are allowed under the lockdown. Will have to wait it out :P
Post edited April 22, 2020 by Matewis
Matewis: Thanks, that g935 looks nice, but I don't think such deliveries are allowed under the lockdown. Will have to wait it out :P
No take away food, and no deliveries....well, guess they expect people to magic food and other goods out of thin air, then.

(Also what a load of bs they are pulling, imo)
Matewis: This cuts off 10s of thousands of almost exclusively very-low income class workers from their income, and we already have riots brewing in the poor areas.
If I understand you correctly, these people live from selling hot food on the streets?
I get the frustration, but...they shouldn't find any customers anyway during lockdown. That's point 1.
Point 2 is: if they have the possibility to sell frozen food, instead - they still can earn money...frozen food, which must be heated from the customers at home, isn't forbidden from sale.
Matewis: Food trucks being hijacked and plundered, and a recent attempt to loot a large shopping center.
I won't pretend to know much about the situation in South Africa, but again: during a lockdown, nobody should be around to hijack and plunder.
If people use the lockdown as an excuse to commit crimes, then I have no sympathy for them, sorry.
And if places that sell (hot) food are prime targets of criminals - then that's just another reason to keep these places from selling hot food.