It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
dtgreene: Website that I was reading an article unexpectedly sttarted playing audio. Web developers, please *never* do this!

(When I see that, I instantly close the tab, even if the article was otherwise interesting. Also, I will downvote posts here that link to such sites, except maybe if the URL is explicitly visible and it's to a well known site, or the post explicitly states that it's linking to video or audio. Note that this includes youtube links.)
1st bit: Agreed

2nd bit: So you'd downvote every youtube link? That seems a tad harsh. :\

(Also one can right click a link iirc and see where it goes, so no need to worry about going to a site with such audio accidentally or needing to unduly punish some for posting such)

(Also also there are browser extensions which can stop yt videos from autoloading or playing audio/ads/etc)
, if that helps you any.)
Refunded WC3: Reforged. As a lifelong fan it would be a lie to claim that the finality of it all didn't sting a bit.
low rated
dtgreene: Website that I was reading an article unexpectedly sttarted playing audio. Web developers, please *never* do this!

(When I see that, I instantly close the tab, even if the article was otherwise interesting. Also, I will downvote posts here that link to such sites, except maybe if the URL is explicitly visible and it's to a well known site, or the post explicitly states that it's linking to video or audio. Note that this includes youtube links.)
GameRager: 1st bit: Agreed

2nd bit: So you'd downvote every youtube link? That seems a tad harsh. :\

(Also one can right click a link iirc and see where it goes, so no need to worry about going to a site with such audio accidentally or needing to unduly punish some for posting such)

(Also also there are browser extensions which can stop yt videos from autoloading or playing audio/ads/etc)
, if that helps you any.)
Currently, my general rule is this:
* If the link is left bare leaving the URL in the main post window, I leave the post alone.
* If, however, one puts in some custom text, *then* I am likely to downvote it. (Exceptions may be made if it is clear from the post's context that it is a video.)

(Also, not every device has the capability to right-click. Smartphones, for example, can't do this. (Lynx *technically* can't, but you can just push shift-G to edit a link before you follow it, and the default configuration won't play video or audio even if directly linked to it, I believe.)

(Also, sometimes the use of browser extensions is not an option, for example if on a public computer, someone else's computer/phone, or an iOS device.)
low rated
dtgreene: Currently, my general rule is this:
* If the link is left bare leaving the URL in the main post window, I leave the post alone.
* If, however, one puts in some custom text, *then* I am likely to downvote it. (Exceptions may be made if it is clear from the post's context that it is a video.)

(Also, not every device has the capability to right-click. Smartphones, for example, can't do this. (Lynx *technically* can't, but you can just push shift-G to edit a link before you follow it, and the default configuration won't play video or audio even if directly linked to it, I believe.)

(Also, sometimes the use of browser extensions is not an option, for example if on a public computer, someone else's computer/phone, or an iOS device.)
1st bit: Why not just ask the poster before clicking, then, instead of jumping to downrate?

2nd bit: One could then ask the poster what the post links to or use another device(if able) to check it.

3rd bit: I meant when one is using their own PC, obviously.....also some phones(iirc) support browser extensions.
dtgreene: (Also, not every device has the capability to right-click. Smartphones, for example, can't do this. (Lynx *technically* can't, but you can just push shift-G to edit a link before you follow it, and the default configuration won't play video or audio even if directly linked to it, I believe.)
Windows Phones (which are smartphones) have the ability to right-click.
low rated
dtgreene: Currently, my general rule is this:

GameRager: 1st bit: Why not just ask the poster before clicking, then, instead of jumping to downrate?

2nd bit: One could then ask the poster what the post links to or use another device(if able) to check it.

3rd bit: I meant when one is using their own PC, obviously.....also some phones(iirc) support browser extensions.
Problem with the first point is that clicking a link is far easier than asking someone where the link leads. Keep in mind that the person who posted it might not be online, for example. Once the link has been clicked, the damage may have already been done.
GameRager: 1st bit: Why not just ask the poster before clicking, then, instead of jumping to downrate?

dtgreene: Problem with the first point is that clicking a link is far easier than asking someone where the link leads. Keep in mind that the person who posted it might not be online, for example. Once the link has been clicked, the damage may have already been done.
If you paste a link into a search box it will show you what it is.
Post edited October 12, 2019 by richlind33
low rated
dtgreene: Problem with the first point is that clicking a link is far easier than asking someone where the link leads. Keep in mind that the person who posted it might not be online, for example. Once the link has been clicked, the damage may have already been done.
True, but it is not like you need to go to that link right away for some reason.

(Also not to nag too much or sound overly mean/etc, but why is it that you seem to love shooting holes in people's answers/coming up with excuses why people's ideas aren't feasible instead of being more like "oh well that much is true" or "good point" or similar?)
Post edited October 12, 2019 by GameRager
low rated
GameRager: True, but it is not like you need to go to that link right away for some reason.

(Also not to nag too much or sound overly mean/etc, but why is it that you seem to love shooting holes in people's answers/coming up with excuses why people's ideas aren't feasible instead of being more like "oh well that much is true" or "good point" or similar?)
Consider accidental clicks, or accidental presses on a touch screen.

I like to consider edge cases; that's just the way I am. (This trait would probably make me good at testing software and finding bugs.)
low rated
dtgreene: Consider accidental clicks, or accidental presses on a touch screen.

I like to consider edge cases; that's just the way I am. (This trait would probably make me good at testing software and finding bugs.)
Fair enough, but people replying are less likely to bother trying to find solutions to any issues you bring up if you then keep bringing up additional "what if" cases to seemingly(from some other people's POV, that is) shoot holes in said replies. It discourages some from trying if they see that the other person then finds a flaw in each of their replies, basically.

Also my general response to the bit about misclicks(which could also apply to several of your posted issues): People then need to take more responsibility for their own actions/environment and rely less on others having to cater things to/for their own needs all the time. It is up not mainly to companies/people posting to cater to every single person's possible needs and wants but to the one using such products/reading such posts to do their best to make up for the "flaws" in said posts or the things that need to be adjusted for their own wants/needs/tastes......just my two cents.
Post edited October 12, 2019 by GameRager
low rated
Yeaaaaah, that's the problem. That two cents ain't worth much.
Tauto: Yeaaaaah, that's the problem. That two cents ain't worth much.
Are you talking to yourself? o.O
low rated
Tauto: Yeaaaaah, that's the problem. That two cents ain't worth much.
I don't get this post.....if it's a dig on my posting style/posts, or just how people tend to not care much what others say in general. :|
Nooooo!
I have done a noob thing: I forgot to add the bonus games to my hardware orders. Not using Epic or MS online shops myself but maybe it could have made someone else happy. I am uncertain about the details and am not going to check as I missed the train and do not want to think about this anymore.
Having issues sleeping because of the full moon and haven't slept much for days now. I doubt I'm a werewolf but I'm taking a long time to fall asleep and I wake early after only 4-5 hours of sleep.

Oh well - I guess if I am a werewolf then it's time to hunt some virgins so that's nice I guess.