It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Emob78: State-wide, we had 11 tornadoes and almost a year's worth of rain in less than 48 hours. Spent all night and morning sweeping rain water off my porch and trying to keep my dog safe and dry. Good stuff. I wish God would have me just told me to build an ark first.
You should've asked for Evan Baxter's help on that one.

(Sorry to hear about all that nasty weather coming your way, at any rate...I had relatives in tornado alley at one point and know from their stories how bad it can be)
Emob78: State-wide, we had 11 tornadoes and almost a year's worth of rain in less than 48 hours. Spent all night and morning sweeping rain water off my porch and trying to keep my dog safe and dry. Good stuff. I wish God would have me just told me to build an ark first.
GameRager: You should've asked for Evan Baxter's help on that one.

(Sorry to hear about all that nasty weather coming your way, at any rate...I had relatives in tornado alley at one point and know from their stories how bad it can be)
Could've been worse, I guess. Some oil worker in a town north of me got hit by lightning while riding his forklift. He'll be permanently tuned to 1.21 jiggawatts from now on.

And the best part is we have more rain on the way. If you live anywhere between Texas and Montana you may want to invest in rubber boots and sandbags.

Emob78: Could've been worse, I guess. Some oil worker in a town north of me got hit by lightning while riding his forklift. He'll be permanently tuned to 1.21 jiggawatts from now on.

And the best part is we have more rain on the way. If you live anywhere between Texas and Montana you may want to invest in rubber boots and sandbags.
True. BTW, did the guy survive that strike?
Emob78: Could've been worse, I guess. Some oil worker in a town north of me got hit by lightning while riding his forklift. He'll be permanently tuned to 1.21 jiggawatts from now on.

GameRager: True. BTW, did the guy survive that strike?
Yeah. He's in fair condition in the hospital. Though from now on he may want to stay away from light sockets and cell phone towers.

Why was he working in that weather, particularly since it sounds like his job isn't what I would classify as essential? (The sort of jobs I would classify as essential for this purpose are the ones that might be needed in major storms, like emergency services (police, fire, medical professionals in hospitals), power company workers that need to deal with power outages, snowplow drivers (if needed for the weather conditions), and other jobs along that line.)

dtgreene: Why was he working in that weather, particularly since it sounds like his job isn't what I would classify as essential? (The sort of jobs I would classify as essential for this purpose are the ones that might be needed in major storms, like emergency services (police, fire, medical professionals in hospitals), power company workers that need to deal with power outages, snowplow drivers (if needed for the weather conditions), and other jobs along that line.)
I don't know. He was probably using his forklift to move some expensive oil equipment to a safe place, and his manager probably figured losing him to lightning or a tornado wouldn't be half as costly as losing the equipment.

"You're an asset, an expendable asset, and we used you to get the job done. Got it?" - Every manager ever. And Dillon from Predator.
GameRager: True. BTW, did the guy survive that strike?
Emob78: Yeah. He's in fair condition in the hospital. Though from now on he may want to stay away from light sockets and cell phone towers.
Well that's good to hear. I always wonder just how much it would suck/how it would feel to be hit by such and LIVE through it. :\
Emob78: Yeah. He's in fair condition in the hospital. Though from now on he may want to stay away from light sockets and cell phone towers.
GameRager: Well that's good to hear. I always wonder just how much it would suck/how it would feel to be hit by such and LIVE through it. :\
I watched a storm doc once and they talked to a few ppl who had been hit. The usual description was that you don't really experience much except for a loud noise and the concussive blast knocks you out. When you wake up you consider yourself lucky if you're only bleeding from the ears, slight skin burns, and probably in need of a change of shorts.

The unlucky ones end up with wrecked hearts, go blind, or have various pieces of clothing melted to their flesh.

So yeah, best case scenario for lightning would probably be either superficial wounds... or death. Anything else would suck donkey balls.
Had My Ultrasound and it doesn't look good on screen a lot of black areas she was taking shit loads of pics (of my liver) and grinding the scanner in so bloody hard I felt like I was about to burst my intestines look like they have growths on them too I just hope they looked like that because I had a six hour fasting the bloody doctors are going to pay for leaving it this long to treat it and me seriously, Agonizing pain (similar but worse then appendicitis) isn't funny if I've got cancer that they have left untreated for eight years boy are they gonna pay!
Post edited May 24, 2019 by fr33kSh0w2012
Encountered the bad type of Christian the other day.
dtgreene: Encountered the bad type of Christian the other day.
What defines the bad type of Christian? How does bad type stand out from the "ordinary" Christian?

(no subtle attack on Christians from my part, I don't care about religion at all)
Post edited May 24, 2019 by user deleted
low rated
dtgreene: bad type of Christian
Isn't that redundant?
dtgreene: Encountered the bad type of Christian the other day.
DadJoke007: What defines the bad type of Christian? How does bad type stand out from the "ordinary" Christian?

(no subtle attack on Christians from my part, I don't care about religion at all)
The bad type of Christian:
* Talks over you when you try to explain your viewpoint
* Acts like everyone believes in some god
* Does not respect atheists
* Is a bigot (this includes being racist as well as being hostile toward the LGBT community)
low rated
DadJoke007: What defines the bad type of Christian? How does bad type stand out from the "ordinary" Christian?

dtgreene: The bad type of Christian:
* Talks over you when you try to explain your viewpoint
* Acts like everyone believes in some god
* Does not respect atheists
* Is a bigot (this includes being racist as well as being hostile toward the LGBT community)
Yeah. like I said, it's redundant.
dtgreene: bad type of Christian
tinyE: Isn't that redundant?
I have met many Christians who will accept that I am an atheist and are generally respectful (and avoid using phrases like "god bless" when talking to me), and who accept LGBT people for who they are, and who can remain friends with people who leave the church (one Methodist woman I know is still friends with a lesbian who left the church some years ago). These would be what I would consider the "good type of Christian", to the extent that applies.

(I should point out that many types of belief systems are possible; I know someone who identifies as both a Christian and a pagan, for example.)

I could also mention that there are bad people in every religion (or trait that would fill the "religion" slot), as well.