It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Our neighbour's jerk cat came over again... running past me like "good day to you b*tch!". It then proceeded to climb on our table and throw glasses off it, before drinking the milk that spilled out and scratch my dad's hand on its way out. I have bought myself a retractable, tactical desert camo broom for its next visit.
Soccorro: Our neighbour's jerk cat came over again... running past me like "good day to you b*tch!". It then proceeded to climb on our table and throw glasses off it, before drinking the milk that spilled out and scratch my dad's hand on its way out. I have bought myself a retractable, tactical desert camo broom for its next visit.
Sorry to hear about that. Certain cats are very ill-behaved, while others are very gentle and friendly. The former group can be a pain to deal with.
Soccorro: Our neighbour's jerk cat came over again... running past me like "good day to you b*tch!". It then proceeded to climb on our table and throw glasses off it, before drinking the milk that spilled out and scratch my dad's hand on its way out. I have bought myself a retractable, tactical desert camo broom for its next visit.
lanipcga: Sorry to hear about that. Certain cats are very ill-behaved, while others are very gentle and friendly. The former group can be a pain to deal with.
Especially if it's not even your cat...
lanipcga: Sorry to hear about that. Certain cats are very ill-behaved, while others are very gentle and friendly. The former group can be a pain to deal with.
Soccorro: Especially if it's not even your cat...
A very savage ant bit me between the toes,today.
Today my laptop decided to give up and now refuses to start at all, oh well it was ten years old. Starting up my desktop instead all is well... is well, kind of quiet....I have totally lost sound arrrrgh!
Themken: Today my laptop decided to give up and now refuses to start at all, oh well it was ten years old. Starting up my desktop instead all is well... is well, kind of quiet....I have totally lost sound arrrrgh!
When my old retro-gaming desktop (meant for playing Windows XP and 98SE games that have problems running on newer PCs) died because I tried to ram new memory on it the wrong way, I bought an used old desktop from someone for 20€, as a replacement.

I never could figure out if it had any audio chip on the motherboard. There is an audio jack on it but no sound, I don't recall for now if Linux and XP detected some audio chip in it.

Anyway, I just plugged in my old Logitech USB speakers into it (which act as an audio source), and they work perfectly with it. Even Windows 98SE supports USB "sound cards" (plug'n'play), which surprised me. If I want to use headphones instead, I unplug the USB speakers and plug in my USB headphones instead.

So yeah, there's one solution for you, if you can't figure out why your current audio source doesn't work. I've grown to like those USB audio sources as they produce clean sound with not analog hiss and shit.
timppu: So yeah, there's one solution for you, if you can't figure out why your current audio source doesn't work. I've grown to like those USB audio sources as they produce clean sound with not analog hiss and shit.
My mum has speakers like that and yes, good sound but that model does not work in Linux. I get sound from the amplifier's headphone jack so I guess something needs soldering inside. Now I need to find a repairman in this city.
Matewis: Just noticed a crack in my batman coffee mug
Looks okay to me.
Themken: My mum has speakers like that and yes, good sound but that model does not work in Linux. I get sound from the amplifier's headphone jack so I guess something needs soldering inside. Now I need to find a repairman in this city.
Odd. Both of my USB audio devices (Logitech V20 speakers, and some Jabra USB headphones) work fine out of the box also in Linux (Mint). Maybe I've been lucky then.

I really love the Logitech V20 USB speakers, they are small (to keep with a laptop) yet give good sound for their size, and they work out of the box in Linux Mint, Windows XP/7 and even Windows 98SE, which really surprised me. Too bad Logitech isn't making them anymore, I'd love to buy spare pairs.
Matewis: Just noticed a crack in my batman coffee mug
tinyE: Looks okay to me.
I wonder if they intended this show to be as hilarious as it was.

Chuckled at this batman joke recently:

Robin : "What's wrong with the batmobile?"
Batman : "It needs a new battery"
Robin : "What is an 'ery'?"
Matewis: I wonder if they intended this show to be as hilarious as it was.
Really ?

"Someone here called Batman ?"
Post edited January 12, 2018 by Telika
Matewis: I wonder if they intended this show to be as hilarious as it was.
Telika: Really ?

"Someone here called Batman ?"
There's no way I would've been able to ask that with a straight face!

[url=my favorite]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8QPwJDXrgU[/url]
Why is everything so fucking tiring.
Someone make it stop.
Crackpot.756: Why is everything so fucking tiring.
Someone make it stop.
My explanation is that life wasn't made to be fulfilling, pleasant or anything that pleases us. It's just caused by self-replicating molecules that are successful in self-replicating replicate. And evolve to become ever more successful, with a subset of those molecules being our genes, amongst those with everything in life. There wasn't any intention behind it, least of all the intention that life would be agreeable.

I'm tired most of the time. Often I sigh to myself, "I'm tired" and then I say to myself "of course you are tired, you live". Then again, my mental illness, consisting among other things in an over-sensitivity to all kinds of stimuli and an unhealthy tendency to take all the misery of the world on my shoulders as a responsibility to solve, plays a part in the continuing feeling of tiredness also.

And even though I'm autistic and the classic caricature is people with autism tend to function well with repetitive tasks, everything that doesn't get solved but continues to come back, like cleaning the house, cooking, washing, doing the laundry tires me from it's sheer uselessness. House clean, well-fed, clean clothes? You can do it all over again in no time. The need to eat in few hours, the need to tidy your house in a day, the need for clean clothes a few days later. There is no end to it.

Sorry for just being able to say I agree and finding lack of comforting words. I feel the same way you do.
Dolores O'Riordan died.

What's really freaky is that this morning I picked up my guitar and started strumming "Linger" for no particular reason; it just came to me.