It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Ragnarblackmane: The library is not giving me enough hours lately, really frustrating because I love the job but am struggling to pay student loans debts, bills and the usual errata of life.
Are there any other libraries nearby? Another part time job at another library might make it up to full time hours.
Getcomposted: Are there any other libraries nearby? Another part time job at another library might make it up to full time hours.
Thanks ddickinson for the concern above. To answer you, there are but every library is in our city-wide system and they rarely transfer workers from one to another since each has their own regular staff. Plus I don't have my own car; I take the bus or a housemate drives me, so transportation is an issue.
OMG!!! OMG!!! Got a letter from the university of Kiel! I CANNOT OPEN IT!!! Got rejected again i guess :S
35 C (95 F) outside (and inside, duh - I can't afford air conditioning). Can't play, PC overheats. Can't ride, I overheat. Won a 200 km marathon (which was really 210 km, shame on the liars), barely made the limit, threw up just once. On the upside the train home was running 15 minutes late so I managed to catch it.
Edit: I got over bitching about being lazy and did it.. =)
Post edited August 02, 2014 by Sage103082
I haven't used this thread in quite a while, but I now have a reason to...and I'm gonna be as politically correct as possible.

To the glans (look it up if you need to, in case you forgot your basic human anatomy) who nearly sideswiped me tonight. Wake up and pay attention! I hope you defecated in your trousers when I waited for you to make your turn, and then I hit the gas and purposely missed your tail end by mere inches.

Bitching over.
Can't purchase anything from GOG . They don't accept Maestro card as a payment . :(
ne_zavarj: Can't purchase anything from GOG . They don't accept Maestro card as a payment . :(
You mean Mastercard? Or is maestrocard a Hungarian CC?
ne_zavarj: Can't purchase anything from GOG . They don't accept Maestro card as a payment . :(
Ragnarblackmane: You mean Mastercard? Or is maestrocard a Hungarian CC?
Found this on Wikipedia about [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maestro_(debit_card)]Maestro[/url]. I never heard of it either.
I'm unemployed at the moment and the process of looking for a job, frankly, depresses the shit out of me. I feel like I'm wasting my friggin time, there has to be something else I can do to get myself out of this BS situation. I'm 29 years old. I'm young, but not as young as I once was; I'd like a home of my own but with the way I'm going at the moment that's nothing short of a pipe dream.

HereForTheBeer: For news, I switched over to Public Radio. The stories are much more interesting and detailed, and you get more explanation instead of finger-pointing.
Same here and I ditched my TV for the same reasons.
Post edited August 03, 2014 by qux
qux: I'm unemployed at the moment and the process of looking for a job, frankly, depresses the shit out of me. I feel like I'm wasting my friggin time, there has to be something else I can do to get myself out of this BS situation. I'm 29 years old. I'm young, but not as young as I once was; I'd like a home of my own but with the way I'm going at the moment that's nothing short of a pipe dream.

I feel your pain, especially being not as young as I once was and wondering wtf I'm doing with my life. I've got a job but not a career...I never used to care about that or want that, and I still don't want the whole house-in-the-suburbs-two-car-garage-wife-and-2.5-kids, but I know that where I am now is not where I wish to be.

Some ironically call these feelings the "quarterlife crisis" and sure, could chalk it up to existential angst, but that doesn't make one feel much better, does it? So I'll raise a glass to you, fellow wanderer.
qux: I'm unemployed at the moment and the process of looking for a job, frankly, depresses the shit out of me. I feel like I'm wasting my friggin time, there has to be something else I can do to get myself out of this BS situation. I'm 29 years old. I'm young, but not as young as I once was; I'd like a home of my own but with the way I'm going at the moment that's nothing short of a pipe dream.

HereForTheBeer: For news, I switched over to Public Radio. The stories are much more interesting and detailed, and you get more explanation instead of finger-pointing.
qux: Same here and I ditched my TV for the same reasons.
You shouldn't beat yourself up. This is not the 1950s or 1960s. It's not even the 1980s or 1990s. Things are not as easy today as they were back then for young men. If you are under 30 and have enough money for your own house today, you are one of the few lucky ones. During your free time, you could work out, write a book, do volunteer work etc. If you have some money, you could travel. You should check out the book The Depression Cure by Stephen S. Ilardi too. A good book that will maybe help you out.

Ragnarblackmane: I feel your pain, especially being not as young as I once was and wondering wtf I'm doing with my life. I've got a job but not a career...I never used to care about that or want that, and I still don't want the whole house-in-the-suburbs-two-car-garage-wife-and-2.5-kids, but I know that where I am now is not where I wish to be.

Some ironically call these feelings the "quarterlife crisis" and sure, could chalk it up to existential angst, but that doesn't make one feel much better, does it? So I'll raise a glass to you, fellow wanderer.
Life is more than jobs, a career etc. Life is more than just $$$ and material things.
Post edited August 03, 2014 by monkeydelarge
monkeydelarge: You shouldn't beat yourself up. This is not the 1950s or 1960s. It's not even the 1980s or 1990s. Things are not as easy today as they were back then for young men. If you are under 30 and have enough money for your own house today, you are one of the few lucky ones. During your free time, you could work out, write a book, do volunteer work etc. If you have some money, you could travel. You should check out the book The Depression Cure by Stephen S. Ilardi too. A good book that will maybe help you out.

Life is more than jobs, a career etc. Life is more than just $$$ and material things.
That's what I was getting at, I certainly don't pine for a mundane existence, if that's how it came across:)
"Inspired by the extraordinary resilience of aboriginal groups like the Kaluli of Papua New Guinea (who rarely suffer from depression)," that part of the GR summary interests me, maybe I should look into this book as well.

Again, I really need to stop pausing games to check these forums, especially when it's Deus Ex:GOTY that I just won in a GA today:P
Post edited August 03, 2014 by Ragnarblackmane
monkeydelarge: You shouldn't beat yourself up. This is not the 1950s or 1960s. It's not even the 1980s or 1990s. Things are not as easy today as they were back then for young men. If you are under 30 and have enough money for your own house today, you are one of the few lucky ones. During your free time, you could work out, write a book, do volunteer work etc. If you have some money, you could travel. You should check out the book The Depression Cure by Stephen S. Ilardi too. A good book that will maybe help you out.

Ragnarblackmane: That's what I was getting at, I certainly don't pine for a mundane existence, if that's how it came across:)
If you have a job, a car and a roof over your head then I think you are in good shape. Maybe it's not what you are doing with your life but the lack of opportunities in this garbage service based economy.
Post edited August 03, 2014 by monkeydelarge
Ragnarblackmane: Again, I really need to stop pausing games to check these forums, especially when it's Deus Ex:GOTY that I just won in a GA today:P
I find it a surprising show of self control to be able to pause this game at all, except maybe for going to the bathroom.